Check your account email address ×

Hypocrisy of the left wing media

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lmao::nuts:    Neither "list" should be done without due process and I only care about American Citizens getting this protection.  Every foreigner should be looked at coming here and no non-citizen should be able to buy a gun without huge hurdles.  

No fly list unconstitutional.

The new ruling came in response to an American Civil Liberties Union lawsuit brought on behalf of 13 U.S. citizens prevented from boarding flights, including four military veterans. The inability to fly caused them real harm.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/06/25/the-no-fly-list-is-unconstitutional/

No buy gun list constitutional.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/opinion/time-for-a-no-buy-list-on-guns.html

Edited by Highmark

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

What did the 13 people do to get on the no fly list?  The article should at least mention what they are accused of 

True but it shows the danger of these lists taking away constitutional freedom's merely based on suspicions.  

19 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

What did the 13 people do to get on the no fly list?  The article should at least mention what they are accused of 

That is the problem.  Finding out why you are on a NO FLY LIST will be impossible.

15 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

True but even the airlines can add you to the no fly list. It don't have to be the Government. Airlines are a private entity and can also fuck you over 

That's why it's a bad idea.

They have been taking little nips at our freedoms for years. They wont do it all at once. But one day, many years from now we will look back and say wtf did we do? Thats why I refuse to budge on any of them. not even a little.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anler said:

They have been taking little nips at our freedoms for years. They wont do it all at once. But one day, many years from now we will look back and say wtf did we do? Thats why I refuse to budge on any of them. not even a little.

Yes, trade your freedom for security and pretty soon you have neither.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

If you don't stand for something -you will fall for anything.

41 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yes, trade your freedom for security and pretty soon you have neither.

When the patriot act came out I condemned it and was called a liberal by many. Apparently only liberals care about freedom...

1 hour ago, Anler said:

When the patriot act came out I condemned it and was called a liberal by many. Apparently only liberals care about freedom...

I never bought into that shit either.

Libs cared about the P A under GWB ..   not so much once Obama got into office and doubled down on it.

6 hours ago, Anler said:

4 hours ago, Anler said:

I agree and I never bought into that bullshit either. 

14 hours ago, Anler said:

Spot on

The media, who have always had the ability to sway the nation, have been doing it since Vietnam.  Now, they pretty much set policy and agendas for all of us.  The "news" and "information" is whatever is decided to be given to us.  I've actually gotten pretty good at ignoring opinion even though it is hidden as slight of hand/speech and assume what I am getting is half of the story.  Or, depending on the channel assume it is almost entirely blown out of proportion and I can see the agenda behind it.  It is bizarre and scary as hell.  It makes me realize the one sad truth to it all:  As American's, we've become the most gullible and lazy species of humanoid to walk the Earth.  It's easier to believe anything you hear than to even think there may be more to the story.  Then, we love to add our little twist to it and regurgitate it along to the next mope that won't question it either.  It's actually a pretty impressive display of organized ignorance.

Edited by Zambroski

20 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lmao::nuts:    Neither "list" should be done without due process and I only care about American Citizens getting this protection.  Every foreigner should be looked at coming here and no non-citizen should be able to buy a gun without huge hurdles.  

No fly list unconstitutional.

The new ruling came in response to an American Civil Liberties Union lawsuit brought on behalf of 13 U.S. citizens prevented from boarding flights, including four military veterans. The inability to fly caused them real harm.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/06/25/the-no-fly-list-is-unconstitutional/

No buy gun list constitutional.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/opinion/time-for-a-no-buy-list-on-guns.html

Go fuck yourself on the bold.

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The media, who have always had the ability to sway the nation, have been doing it since Vietnam.  Now, they pretty much set policy and agendas for all of us.  The "news" and "information" is whatever is decided to be given to us.  I've actually gotten pretty good at ignoring opinion even though it is hidden as slight of hand/speech and assume what I am getting is half of the story.  Or, depending on the channel assume it is almost entirely blown out of proportion and I can see the agenda behind it.  It is bizarre and scary as hell.  It makes me realize the one sad truth to it all:  As American's, we've become the most gullible and lazy species of humanoid to walk the Earth.  It's easier to believe anything you hear than to even think there may be more to the story.  Then, we love to add our little twist to it and regurgitate it along to the next mope that won't question it either.  It's actually a pretty impressive display of organized ignorance.

The problem is it is not so much what is being reported as what is not.

You can easily see the bias & spin in most news stories , but you are clueless to what gets ignored.

I never thought it was as bad as it was until the Flint water crisis.

What was being reported nationally vs locally was day and night.

The outright lies and false information reported as fact by the media was disgusting.

Edited by Cold War

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

You can easily see the bias & spin in most news stories , but you are clueless to what gets ignored.

The outright lies and false information reported as fact by the media was disgusting.

I agree.  The omission of information that is crucial in our decision making is no better than just lying.  It has the same consequence: we are led in the wring direction with misinformation.  

We constantly criticize China, N. Korea, Russia and other foreign countries for their closed stance on "free media".  And no doubt, it should be criticized, but what we are now doing is just as harmful to a country.

38 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Then, we love to add our little twist to it and regurgitate it along to the next mope that won't question it either.  It's actually a pretty impressive display of organized  organized ignorance  mind control.

Edited 32 minutes ago by Zambroski

fixed it for ya!

Edited by Capt.Storm

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Sad isn't it.  What is even worse is that more people get told the lies than facts.  Because it is national vs local media.

It is particularly easy to see with snowbeavis and his Kansas news stories.

Edited by racer254

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Say isn't it.  What is even worse is that more people get told the lies than facts.  Because it is national vs local media.

It is amazing how you can change the whole tone or narrative by just editing out a few words.

It has become acceptable practice.