Check your account email address ×

Hypocrisy of the left wing media

• Gold Member
16 hours ago, Zambroski said:

The media, who have always had the ability to sway the nation, have been doing it since Vietnam.  Now, they pretty much set policy and agendas for all of us.  The "news" and "information" is whatever is decided to be given to us.  I've actually gotten pretty good at ignoring opinion even though it is hidden as slight of hand/speech and assume what I am getting is half of the story.  Or, depending on the channel assume it is almost entirely blown out of proportion and I can see the agenda behind it.  It is bizarre and scary as hell.  It makes me realize the one sad truth to it all:  As American's, we've become the most gullible and lazy species of humanoid to walk the Earth.  It's easier to believe anything you hear than to even think there may be more to the story.  Then, we love to add our little twist to it and regurgitate it along to the next mope that won't question it either.  It's actually a pretty impressive display of organized ignorance.

They have been doing A LOT longer than that. Media exaggeration was directly responsible for the Spanish-American War. Not surprisingly one of the publishers was Joseph Pulitzer (who the prize is named after). He introduced the idea of embellished news with a catchy headline instead of presenting well researched facts. Fuck the national news media, they are a disgrace.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 6/18/2016 at 7:02 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

Go fuck yourself on the bold.

:lmao: It was from the NY Times, not what I wrote.

Reality is regarding US citizens the article is correct.  Since when is free speech, even if its fucked up cause to lose one's rights without due process?  If you say it is then a GOP ran justice department could make do not vote lists for hateful speech said by liberals.   Really sad intelligent people cannot understand this.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reality is regarding US citizens the article is correct.  Since when is free speech, even if its fucked up cause to lose one's rights without due process?  If you say it is then a GOP ran justice department could make do not vote lists for hateful speech.   Really sad intelligent people cannot understand this.  

Like I said once already. The Patriot Act allows for the no-fly list.

7 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Like I said once already. The Patriot Act allows for the no-fly list.

Doesn't mean its right or constitutional.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/06/25/judge-rules-no-fly-list-unconstitutional/

https://www.aclu.org/news/court-rules-no-fly-list-process-unconstitutional-and-must-be-reformed

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Hey,I'm just telling you how the gov got around the constitution..don't kill the messenger.

On 6/18/2016 at 8:02 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

Go fuck yourself on the bold.

Your mind would change in 2 seconds if you or your ended up on that list.

Fucking spare us.

VBS agrees.... due process is killing us right now.

15 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Hey,I'm just telling you how the gov got around the constitution..don't kill the messenger.

I know and I'm simply showing how the courts found it unconstitutional.

"No lists" are a very dangerous and slippery slope that US citizens should be very cautious of.  Look at it this way the chance of dying in a terrorist attack is minuscule compared to dying from gang violence.   Where is "gang list" that stops them from things?  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

"No lists" are a very dangerous and slippery slope that US citizens should be very cautious of.  Look at it this way the chance of dying in a terrorist attack is minuscule compared to dying in gang violence.   Where is "gang list" that stops them from things?  

They did right(courts) when they found it unconstitutional.

But Barry still gave them the finger and said what the hell are you going to do about it..I'm king!

Oh and BTW,way more chance of getting killed by a car then any of the things you put up..we do have a no drive list but most say fawk that and drive anyways.

Edited by Capt.Storm

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

"No lists" are a very dangerous and slippery slope that US citizens should be very cautious of.  Look at it this way the chance of dying in a terrorist attack is minuscule compared to dying from gang violence.   Where is "gang list" that stops them from things?  

No list, just a ticket to Chicago to do their worst there.

Great skyline though....

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

They did right(courts) when they found it unconstitutional.

But Barry still gave them the finger and said what the hell are you going to do about it..I'm king!

Yep and now the ACLU is backing off because they agree with the "no gun list"   :nuts:

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Reality is regarding US citizens the article is correct.  Since when is free speech, even if its fucked up cause to lose one's rights without due process?  If you say it is then a GOP ran justice department could make do not vote lists for hateful speech said by liberals.   Really sad intelligent people cannot understand this.  

Well whoever said it or believes it can go fuck themselves IMO, unfortunately we live in a world with some fucked up people who do not belong in a flying cattle car that is filled with innocent people, the events of the day is what is causing the actions of the day.

I have never been a fan of the Patriot Act as it was always my opinion that 9-11 occurred because of rules in place that forbid the CIA and FBI from sharing info, and I have also despised the notion that since I'm doing anything wrong why should I care about some other assholes phone being tapped, but as time goes on I really could careless if some asshole loses his or her right to board a plane or buy a gun.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Well whoever said it or believes it can go fuck themselves IMO, unfortunately we live in a world with some fucked up people who do not belong in a flying cattle car that is filled with innocent people, the events of the day is what is causing the actions of the day.

I have never been a fan of the Patriot Act as it was always my opinion that 9-11 occurred because of rules in place that forbid the CIA and FBI from sharing info, and I have also despised the notion that since I'm doing anything wrong why should I care about some other assholes phone being tapped, but as time goes on I really could careless if some asshole loses his or her right to board a plane or buy a gun.

Do you support profiling?   Sounds like it. :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Right straight up to the point your hypocritical ass ends up on one of those lists.

Pafuckingthetic.

Edited by Snake

Just now, Snake said:

Right straight up to the point your hypocritical ass ends up on one of those lists.

Or buy a gun or crossbow to go hunting with.  :lmao:

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Your mind would change in 2 seconds if you or your ended up on that list.

Fucking spare us.

VBS agrees.... due process is killing us right now.

If you or I ended up on a no-fly list it would be because of an error, we would then call our attorney and get things straightened out in short order.

Just now, Highmark said:

Or buy a gun or crossbow to go hunting with.  :lmao:

Due process is the problem we are dealing with.

But if you have experience sidestepping due processes..... well.....

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

If you or I ended up on a no-fly list it would be because of an error, we would then call our attorney and get things straightened out in short order.

You need to watch.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You're such a good minion.....

The judge ordered the government to create a new process that remedies these shortcomings, calling the current process “wholly ineffective” and a violation of the Fifth Amendment's guarantee of due process. The ruling also granted a key request in the lawsuit, ordering the government to tell the ACLU’s clients why they are on the No Fly List and give them the opportunity to challenge their inclusion on the list before the judge.

In summary, on this record the Court concludes the DHS TRIP process presently carries with it a high risk of erroneous deprivation in light of the low evidentiary standard required for placement on the No-Fly List together with the lack of a meaningful opportunity for individuals on the No-Fly List to provide exculpatory evidence in an effort to be taken off of the List.

Defendants' failure to provide any notice of the reasons for Plaintiffs' placement on the No-Fly List is especially important in light of the low evidentiary standard required to place an individual in the TSDB in the first place. When only an ex parte showing of reasonable suspicion supported by "articulable facts taken together with rational inferences" is necessary to place an individual in the TSDB, it is certainly possible, and probably likely, that "simple factual errors" with "potentially easy, ready, and persuasive explanations" could go uncorrected.

As discussed herein at length, the DHS TRIP process does not provide a meaningful mechanism for travelers who have been denied boarding to correct erroneous information in the government's terrorism databases. A traveler who has not been given any indication of the information that may be in the record does not have any way to correct that information. As a result, the DHS TRIP process "entirely fail to consider an important aspect" of Congress's instructions with respect to travelers denied boarding because they are on the No-Fly List.

https://www.aclu.org/news/court-rules-no-fly-list-process-unconstitutional-and-must-be-reformed?redirect=national-security/court-rules-no-fly-list-process-unconstitutional-and-must-be-reformed

6 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There's a good use of 500-1000 dollars :news:

Edited by Sleepr2