Check your account email address ×

Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

You guys don't venture to far from Poncho's cabin eh?

Or the puzzler just needs a pair of clean socks and undies stored in a coat pocket? :dunno:

Just go commando and all you need is the socks....

Why?  Haven't heard of many failures...... and their first production run was over 7000 engines.  That's a lot of snowmobiles. 

On 2017-02-15 at 5:40 PM, scottyr said:

Here is the best part.  850 engines are on BO with no ETA as of yesterday.  I predict a massive recall this summer on 850s with new cranks going in them all.  

So what percentage of 850s have failed?  A picture of one with a blown crankcase is meaningless without context, regardless of manufacturer. 

On 2017-02-15 at 4:04 PM, 04nightfire said:

850 cc's of "4 stroke" reliability. 

IMG_0995.JPG

Apparently BRP service reps are hinting to dealers there will be some type of recall/campaign on cranks this summer.  The majority of the failures are from some bolts on the bottom end that arent torqued down correctly and loosening off.  When they fall out the bounce threw the cases.   BRP knows there is an issue.  

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, 04nightfire said:

850 cc's of "4 stroke" reliability. 

IMG_0995.JPG

That,s a puzzler ? My buddy sure is glad he got rid of his, before this started hitting the forums.

ANd I,m sure the standard dealer response will be, " I,ve never heard of that problem before ".  

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Apparently BRP service reps are hinting to dealers there will be some type of recall/campaign on cranks this summer.  The majority of the failures are from some bolts on the bottom end that arent torqued down correctly and loosening off.  When they fall out the bounce threw the cases.   BRP knows there is an issue.  

Thanking of a typical 2s bottom end, what bolts could this poosibly be? Rod cap?