Check your account email address ×

Predictions on future corvette C8 pricing.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I wish I had more experience with the 5 series, without all the gimmicks of the 7 series I have to believe they're not as troublesome.  And I know some guys who've really miled them up.  I'd love a newer X5.

Yeah, they really drive nice for sure.  I’m certainly thinking about it.  But, if I buy another and it turns out to be another pile again....and leaves my wife stranded then, well....only one person to blame now.  And I do my best to try to avoid putting myself in the bullseye.

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

C7 Z cars had cooling issues. I have yet to see that on a C8. Matter of fact, even while flogging the shit out of an 8 in desert heat I haven’t seen one with an “issue” so I’m not sure I could believe that rumor at this point. 

Rumor comes from Chevrolet dealership that my son is a manager at. A buddy told him that works at  MacMulkin Chevrolet.

Edited by J. Jackson

I once lost the water pump on the X5. The pump was no more expensive than for a Chevy. And a Toyota mechanic with no experience with it changed it out no problem.

Specific problem for mine is valve seals. The 4.4 early years tend to fail. Burns a quart every 800, but it's paid off and I will keep it till too much smoke comes out the pipe. Minimal now, but will go down the road.

Still drives like 1m$, every single gadget still works, and it ain't costing me anything.

The 15 year old 328i Vert just flipped 150k, looks new, had a valve cover replacement... the only thing I didn't personally handle.

I would, and most likely will, buy another of either.

• Like 1

Agree the Vette has and always will be an old man's car but some of the comments here are funny.  I did not know this forum had so many 20 year old's in it knocking the old guys. 

Once you hit 30 you are getting old and beyond 40, who gives a shit, you are an old fuck just getting older.

Bought my first two seater once the last of two kids headed off to college.  Prior to that there was no point of owning one because there was just too much other shit going on in life and other toys better suited to free time with the family.  Have always had a motorcycle sitting around and access to a couple of fun cars if I wanted to take one for a spin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Rumor comes from Chevrolet dealership that my son is a manager at. A buddy told him that works at  MacMulkin Chevrolet.

Probably sour grapes because he can’t secure a new C8. I’d have to say that’s the most ridiculous rumor I’ve ever heard. Bowling Green is 100% converted for the C8 platform. GM spent billions to not only develop the C8 platform, but convert the assembly line and train the workers. 

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Car was really just silly in multiple ways.  Gesture control was the dumbest gimmick I've ever seen.  You have a knob on the radio and on the steering wheel to adjust the volume.  But no......lets add an electric eye that only saw the gesture about 50% of the time, when all you had to do is press one of your thumbs on the steering wheel.  All the suspension adjustments, owning that thing out of warranty still gives me the shivers.  :lol:  4000 buck radiator grill flap replacement at 40,000 miles a month before the warranty expired made me decide to send it down the road, but I'd get another one some day.  They're not kidding when they say "ultimate driving experience".    Nephew worked at the dealership, so gave me a couple nice demos to drive too, M340 was just an awesome ride.  Their inline 6s are just glorious.

The B58 motor passed Toyota’s quality testing. That says a lot. It’s a solid mill with a lot of potential. 600-625 wheel hp is attainable and reliable for the street. BMW has also worked out one flaw on all their turbo motors. Underhood temps. This means that the gaskets won’t cook in 60k miles and plastic parts won’t turn to glass. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Read my post that you quoted again. Slowly if need be. I’m not going to go into anymore detail other than I know for a fact that their are no current issues such as that. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member

The Corvette SUV will be a hot rod.  The electric/hybrid Voodoo powered Corvettes are going to make the pushrod V8 corvettes obsolete and cheap for those that dabble in the used market a few years down the road.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The Corvette SUV will be a hot rod.  The electric/hybrid Voodoo powered Corvettes are going to make the pushrod V8 corvettes obsolete and cheap for those that dabble in the used market a few years down the road.

Pushrod Vettes will go up in price.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Read my post that you quoted again. Slowly if need be. I’m not going to go into anymore detail other than I know for a fact that their are no current issues such as that. 

Hey, don't shit on me, I'm just relaying what a manager from the 2nd largest Vette dealer in the world said. I think that the C8 is a fantastic car and is an overachiever. Sounds like you're Zora's grandson seeing how you have all the facts.

6 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Hey, don't shit on me, I'm just relaying what a manager from the 2nd largest Vette dealer in the world said. I think that the C8 is a fantastic car and is an overachiever. Sounds like you're Zora's grandson seeing how you have all the facts.

Calm down Nancy. Let’s just say that I’ve had my hands on these things for a while so I’m sorry if I might know more than a dealership manager. 

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, they really drive nice for sure.  I’m certainly thinking about it.  But, if I buy another and it turns out to be another pile again....and leaves my wife stranded then, well....only one person to blame now.  And I do my best to try to avoid putting myself in the bullseye.

Get the M5. I need a good laugh. At least it’ll be under warranty. I’m sure they have loaners. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Get the M5. I need a good laugh. At least it’ll be under warranty. I’m sure they have loaners. 

Another fantastic endorsement for BMWfor you.  Are you on their payroll?  :lol:

11 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Calm down Nancy. Let’s just say that I’ve had my hands on these things for a while so I’m sorry if I might know more than a dealership manager. 

Interesting, how did you manage to do that ?

20 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Probably sour grapes because he can’t secure a new C8. I’d have to say that’s the most ridiculous rumor I’ve ever heard. Bowling Green is 100% converted for the C8 platform. GM spent billions to not only develop the C8 platform, but convert the assembly line and train the workers. 

mcmulkin will get some of the highest allocations in the country given their vette volume.  it was actually where i was goin to order from before i sat in one

I think GM needs to open C8 Z06 orders to the employee/retirees and I'd have my old man get me one.  Plan would be to drive it for 6 months then sell it although they prob would put a restriction on resale.  My old man got allocated a Lotus Esprit back when GM owned them and you had to keep it a year and I think my 99 vette was a year as well.  

C8 ownership as well as the ZR1 and Z06 C7's skewed younger than the norm I think although the C8's i saw this weekend cruising around were still mostly guys my age or older.  Beautiful car.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

mcmulkin will get some of the highest allocations in the country given their vette volume.  it was actually where i was goin to order from before i sat in one

I think GM needs to open C8 Z06 orders to the employee/retirees and I'd have my old man get me one.  Plan would be to drive it for 6 months then sell it although they prob would put a restriction on resale.  My old man got allocated a Lotus Esprit back when GM owned them and you had to keep it a year and I think my 99 vette was a year as well.  

Yes, a lot younger crowd in the Z06 and Zr1's.  Many did like I did and out them in Auto-X and had some miles on the track too.  Much more of us in z06's though.  Weirdly, the ZR1 owners tended to be more drag racing, blue hair types.  No fucking idea why.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Yes, a lot younger crowd in the Z06 and Zr1's.  Many did like I did and out them in Auto-X and had some miles on the track too.  Much more of us in z06's though.  Weirdly, the ZR1 owners tended to be more drag racing, blue hair types.  No fucking idea why.

The C7 ZR1s are horrible Autocross cars, IMO. The Z06s aren’t much better. Now, A GS, is a different story. Wouldn’t mind having a C6 GS for a track car at all. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I would think as new engine options become available there will be plenty of original C8's hit the market.  

On 5/3/2021 at 8:59 AM, Angry ginger said:

Between the current demand, backlog, and materials shortage, I wouldn’t hold your breath. Some vettes are priced well into the six figure category. 

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Between the current demand, backlog, and materials shortage, I wouldn’t hold your breath. Some vettes are priced well into the six figure category. 

i get it,  every once in awhile GM does something stupid with employee pricing to let you get things you shouldn't.  My father got the first Z28 delivered in NH when they brought it back in 93 and were hard to get.  I used to just leave a vette request out there to see if i could get assigned one through the product evaluation program cars when i worked for them.  Only got one once in 10 years.