Check your account email address ×

Howard Dean: The Republicans Are Now a Neo-Fascist Party

He’s right....

The New Abnormal 
THE NEW ABNORMAL 
The former presidential candidate says the Republican Party has plunged into a “crazy” abyss of “whack jobs,” “autocrats” and “nutjobs.” 
The Daily Beast 
Published Apr. 23, 2021 7:41AM ET 

“These people are crazy. They’re conspiracy theorists, they’re whack jobs. They’re embedding their own reality. I mean, if they ever really run the country, it’s going to be a disaster for us. ’Cause you... this is why autocrats don’t run good economies because they start believing in their own BS,” he said. 

“You have a Republican Party, which emotionally, essentially are neo-fascist. They fundamentally do not believe that another legitimate point of view exists other than theirs.”

The former governor of Vermont said he had never been a Biden supporter but he’s been stunned by the president’s performance so far and is pleased he wasn’t making the same mistake as President Obama, who spent too much time waiting around for bipartisan support. 

“Bernie Sanders said that [Biden’s] Rebuilding America bill was the most progressive piece of legislation he’d seen since Johnson and the war on poverty. And, I mean, it is,” Dean said. “I think he’s probably off to the best start of any president I’ve seen in my lifetime.”

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Whenever I hear his name this comes to mind. It would probably get him elected in the current political climate. :lol:

To think that was a deal breaker. Jesus how low have we gone.

The republicans don't control very much right now. I'd say the democrats are the new fascists. Republicans are like the betas to fascist democrats now. That turned quick. 

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That’s all anybody thinks of when his name comes up.

Not that big of a deal if it happened now. I guess Dean was a little ahead of time. ?
:lol:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Not that big of a deal if it happened now. I guess Dean was a little ahead of time. ?
:lol:

It wouldn’t even make TMZ if a politician did that now.  Wouldn’t even garner a second look.  Oh, how we’ve “advanced” as a democracy.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Anler said:

The republicans don't control very much right now. I'd say the democrats are the new fascists. Republicans are like the betas to fascist democrats now. That turned quick. 

Yeah even if you look at covid rules between blue and red states 

blue are the major fascists