Check your account email address ×

New Stanford masks study results

Rod

The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death. Governments, policy makers and health organizations should utilize prosper and scientific evidence-based approach with respect to wearing facemasks, when the latter is considered as preventive intervention for public health.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Joe Hoft make memes.......that art class in sixth grade pays off finally.

So nothing on the Stanford study then ha? Yeah shocker 

Guess you only follow the science you agree with 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So how are we disposing of this mask bio-hazard.  In regular trash just like all other bio-hazards?

Biohazardous/Medical and Microbiological Waste ...

I smell a business idea!  Especially if I can get the Gub'ment to this into the MMGW scare!  SAVE THE PLANET BIO-HAZARD MASK RECYCLING!

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

So nothing on the Stanford study then ha? Yeah shocker 

Guess you only follow the science you agree with 

He just follows orders from his mother ship.  To think he "agrees" hints that he has a brain to reason with at all.

Just now, Ez ryder said:

You would not click on it any way . Bing it if you really care 

He's a total fraud. IF there is factual evidence that supports something he doesn't like he either claims it's not true or completely ignores it. So yes he most likely would never have clicked a link 

i'd guess i wear a mask for maybe 5 minutes total a day,  not real worried about the health aspects of the mask given that.   hopefully with no statewide mask mandate that will go further down in the next 60 days.  

I will say the lack of science certainly gives a lot of people pause on believing the government as the story keeps changing.  Early on I get that but a year later there should be a clear consistent message.  Not one message from one arm of the government and a different one from another.  

59 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i'd guess i wear a mask for maybe 5 minutes total a day,  not real worried about the health aspects of the mask given that.   hopefully with no statewide mask mandate that will go further down in the next 60 days.  

I will say the lack of science certainly gives a lot of people pause on believing the government as the story keeps changing.  Early on I get that but a year later there should be a clear consistent message.  Not one message from one arm of the government and a different one from another.  

CVS reposted a large florescent sign that says "Masks Required!".  I saw it and we just kept on going without.  We weren't the only ones either.....and nobody said shit to us.  It's clear this is becoming a tipping point in America and people are really hesitant to put their little fingers on the scale....for good reason too.  The people not wearing masks is growing daily and it is very noticeable.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

There will be idiots wearing masks 5 years from now no matter what happens with this.  China's (voluntarily) been doing it for years.   

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

There will be idiots wearing masks 5 years from now no matter what happens with this.  China's (voluntarily) been doing it for years.   

Yep, but I’m all for it.  I like easy identification means.  

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep, but I’m all for it.  I like easy identification means.  

Tell me you're a liberal idiot without telling me you're a liberal idiot.

download (49).jpg

download (50).jpg

download (51).jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Agreed.   The varying message and lack of accurate statistics has created massive issues in our country.   Lets be clear Fauci has led the disinformation campaign.   Even today he is advocating things the CDC is not.  

Many top dems were telling people they wouldn't trust the vaccine early on because Trump was "in charge."   Now they take credit for it.  

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

And agin why I have said from the get go masks don't do shit if they did it would have never left Wuhan let alone China.  I have not seen a image out of China I'm the last decade where every one on the street was not sporting a mask.