Check your account email address ×

Chinese Threats Towards Taiwan

• Platinum Contributing Member

Considering we have an agreement with Taiwan I’m interested in how far The United States should go in the event of a Chinese attack on the island. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/blinken-warns-chinas-increasingly-aggressive-135107953.html

China will do whatever it wants. Just like they did with Hong Kong. Just like they did with the South China Sea. I just don’t think we’re willing to risk WW3 for some island that we only support just to tweak their ass. :dunno: 

Just now, Snake said:

Joe is bold and strong. No way will China do anything.

They're skeerd for sure!! 

JUST IN: U.S. Commander Alarmed as China Makes Inroads in Americas

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2020/12/2/commander-alarmed-as-china-makes-inroads-in-americas

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/chinas-overseas-military-bases-should-we-be-worried-163675

49 minutes ago, irv said:

That’s great Irv but what should the United States do...you want to be one so badly you must have an opinion.🤷🏻

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

48 minutes ago, irv said:

The Chinese are a taking advantage of the 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

China will do whatever it wants. Just like they did with Hong Kong. Just like they did with the South China Sea. I just don’t think we’re willing to risk WW3 for some island that we only support just to tweak their ass. :dunno: 

How dare they. Don’t they realize that only the US gets to invade other countries? 

BTW we have an agreement with Taiwan and since China is our biggest threat we need to assist the Tiawanese government and people. Hopefully it can be accomplished without a direct military confrontation between the US and China.

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Yep.  And half of America will raise hell about it....weirdly, it will be the half that complains the most about our military "interference" around the world.  "We Can"T Let THis HapPEN!!!  We SHOuld do SOMEthINg!!!"

Morons.

China will takeover, Biden will negotiate trade from Taiwan with China and ......status quo.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW we have an agreement with Taiwan and since China is our biggest threat we need to assist the Tiawanese government and people. Hopefully it can be accomplished without a direct military confrontation between the US and China.

What's this agreement specifically for? Did we somehow agree to protect them from China?

LOL....

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

14 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

What's this agreement specifically for? Did we somehow agree to protect them from China?

Long but good read and apparently we don’t need to “protect” them but rather keep selling them arms.🤷🏻

https://www.csis.org/analysis/what-us-one-china-policy-and-why-does-it-matter

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Thanks 1

Taiwan is an important bulwark of democracy in the region. That and they are super wealthy and industrious. The vast majority of our semiconductors come from there. It would be very bad for this to fall into the hands of the Chinese. 

As for the Taiwanese, they look Chinese, speak Chinese, but fucking hate the Chinese and love the US. They liked Trump. 

Nixon royally fucked this up with the one China policy. Just a disastrous decision that affects a quarter of the world's population... Taiwan has its own currency, own system of government, own trade partners, own borders and territories, own military... It's a separate country. One that's very friendly to us. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s great Irv but what should the United States do...you want to be one so badly you must have an opinion.🤷🏻

So China is making inroads into the Americas and you don't know what you're gov't can do about it? I know you're use to the likes of Obama and the rest of your democratic tards just rolling over and catering to the Chinese so it must be difficult for you to understand that those actions don't help any, but to imply the U.S. can do nothing is not only asinine, it is expected from you. 

I highly doubt the US or China desire to go to war with each other.   Too much money to be lost on both sides.   Highly, highly unlikely.  

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I highly doubt the US or China desire to go to war with each other.   Too much money to be lost on both sides.   Highly, highly unlikely.  

I doubt it either but with our asinine Liberal leader in Trudeau up here stating he admires China's basic dictatorship and the coddling I see from the Democrats stateside, they sure seem to be setting themselves up for success just in case. 

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/chinas-overseas-military-bases-should-we-be-worried-163675

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, irv said:

I doubt it either but with our asinine Liberal leader in Trudeau up here stating he admires China's basic dictatorship and the coddling I see from the Democrats stateside, they sure seem to be setting themselves up for success just in case. 

Sadly the fight between freedom and oppressive rule will always be part of the human condition.  A significant portion of society will always desire and accept to be ruled over like that.   Been going on forever and I don't really see that changing.  

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Everybody say hello to the new world power, China.

Man I wish the old FS was still up. 

No time for other issues when we have important stuff like cancel culture and racism to fix!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Sadly the fight between freedom and oppressive rule will always be part of the human condition.  A significant portion of society will always desire and accept to be ruled over like that.   Been going on forever and I don't really see that changing.  

With the talk of a global reset and/or agenda 2030, which Trudeau has both talked about, I can't help but think something, as we know it, wants to be changed? 

Of course I hope I am 100% wrong, but I don't like what I am currently seeing with all the division, protests, upheaval of everything in society that is currently going on.

I've said it before, with global warming/climate change, BLM, dems vs cons, gender equality, covid, etc, and a whole host of other things that are right before our eyes, it is like we are intentionally being divided/split. If not, then society as we know it is definitely going down the shitter to the likes we have never seen before, or at least nothing like I have ever seen before.