Check your account email address ×

Why American cars don’t sell in Japan.

5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I loved my Crewmax.  SR5 interior was a little boring, but the truck was solid and had good power.  My issue is they have barely changed a thing on it in 14 years since.  I've got a little over 10k on this new RAM and have to say I'm very impressed.  One issue with a sticky fan clutch and now its minty.  For a 3/4 ton its so much better than my old 90s vintage F250s and F350s its not even funny.

Yeah...plain and simple interior and shitty gas mileage but, other than that...it tops all my other trucks handily.  Kinda weird too.

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’ll never own an america car or truck. Garbage. 

But you own BMW?  A brand I will NEVER own again.  Complete and utter trash.

1 hour ago, CFM said:

Zamb - she wants to go from a Lexus to an Audi? Fuck that schit. IMHO.

Yeah....she's been floating around a few brands but wants to go back to a car after about 20 of driving an SUV.  NO FUCKING BMW's for sure.

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Never own a euro out of warranty unless you know how to wrench. 

:lol: 

If this isn't a glaring endorsement of BMW...I don't know what is!

Didn’t you used to own artic cats? 

Yes...and will again.  Maybe you should consider owning "fun" vehicles that don't require a garage full of tools to keep up.  FUck....isn't your Bmw a fair weather driver?  And it still requires heavy maintenance?  :lol: ....and they aren't even REAL sports cars!!!!

C'mon man!

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yes...and will again.  Maybe you should consider owning "fun" vehicles that don't require a garage full of tools to keep up.  FUck....isn't your Bmw a fair weather driver?  And it still requires heavy maintenance?  :lol: ....and they aren't even REAL sports cars!!!!

C'mon man!

I’ve had pretty good luck with all my beams. The solution to the euro car dilemma is to spend thousands of dollars voluntarily before you’re forced too. 

I’ve had pretty good luck with all my beams. The solution to the euro car dilemma is to spend thousands of dollars voluntarily before you’re forced too. 

We can agree here with one little "twist": Spend the thousands now before it costs you that with a multiplication factor involved.  

Of course, that can be said about any maintenance.  Our old RX needed a timing belt replacement...I just kept saying..."Meh, I'll get to it next week"  ..again..and again and again.  I ran up to the store and bought $200 in lotto tickets when I finally popped the cover to see the belt hanging on to nothing but the rubber holding the teeth to the belt ready to send my valves to the moon!  JESUS!  

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We can agree here with one little "twist": Spend the thousands now before it costs you that with a multiplication factor involved.  

Of course, that can be said about any maintenance.  Our old RX needed a timing belt replacement...I just kept saying..."Meh, I'll get to it next week"  ..again..and again and again.  I ran up to the store and bought $200 in lotto tickets when I finally popped the cover to see the belt hanging on to nothing but the rubber holding the teeth to the belt ready to send my valves to the moon!  JESUS!  

Lots of expensive lessons in vehicle ownership can be discovered by being too cheap or lazy. 

BMW ownership is an addiction. There’s no rational explanation. 

Lots of expensive lessons in vehicle ownership can be discovered by being too cheap or lazy. 

Hobbies.

4 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I like some cars a lot. Both my BMW’s are a blast to drive. Audis and MB too. Almost a 1000hp between the two bmws. Im driving to Kansas City, southern Utah, and up to Washington state. Leaving tonight and will be on the road most of next week. The thought of taking my truck is dismal. Just not fun. There’s one American vehicle I’d own. The C8. 

Following the covid guidelines???  FFS you are just full of one hypocritical action after another.  Please put up some more articles about how scary COVID is. 

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Following the covid guidelines???  FFS you are just full of one hypocritical action after another.  Please put up some more articles about how scary COVID is. 

23 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

so now travelling is hypocritical?  i've been doing it all winter.  Follow the rules in place which outside a few idiotic states are not hard to comply with

Racer is a fucking retard with a huge hard on for Greg.

Yes Woolie this another out of left field attack...oops.😂

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

so now travelling is hypocritical?  i've been doing it all winter.  Follow the rules in place which outside a few idiotic states are not hard to comply with

It is if you say "The guidelines don't apply to me".

Shouldn't have to explain that.

5 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Just like snowmobiles. 😉

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm going with the reason being...,

The Japanese people like to support their country, the products they produce, and their fellow country man's lively hood..Quite respectful..

Screenshot_20210409-203231.png

Screenshot_20210409-203320.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I suppose the American pick ups like the F250 and 2500 are better for heavy loads. My Tundra does everything I need a truck to do. It’ll easily go for 300-400,000 miles with minimal repairs. Not so with the america built garbage. I sold a Sienna last year that was just shy of 300k. The guy I sold it to already has an additional 40k. He runs hot loads in the Midwest. It’s been perfect for him. Factory drivetrain. Can’t beat Toyota. 

It'll go 400k if the frame doesn't rot out from under the cab. 

27 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Some had bad frames due in part to a faulty coating process at the factory. Something that’s easy to catch. 

Most of the one's i see up here are from a poor frame design that allows water get inside the frame and rot it out from the inside. This is on trucks that are driven in the winter and on dirt/gravel roads. If it's a mall cruiser it will probly last forever 

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

It is if you say "The guidelines don't apply to me".

Shouldn't have to explain that.

3 things just in this discussion leads me to believe he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

1.  He likes to post scary covid articles yet follows no guidelines

2. Says he won't buy american garbage, but explains how BMW's are

3. Doesn't understand the Japanese patriotism, but posts articles about it.  Never would he be a full US patriot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Most of the one's i see up here are from a poor frame design that allows water get inside the frame and rot it out from the inside. This is on trucks that are driven in the winter and on dirt/gravel roads. If it's a mall cruiser it will probly last forever 

Dana Corp was sued by Toyota for fucking up the frames. It turned into a multi million dollar lawsuit that Toyota won. The products Toyota made in Japan with virtualky that same frame design didn’t have the rust issues. 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Dana Corp was sued by Toyota for fucking up the frames. It turned into a multi million dollar lawsuit that Toyota won. The products Toyota made in Japan with virtualky that same frame design didn’t have the rust issues. 

Probly because they don't have salt and off road conditions in Japan. I have 1 in my yard with several cracks and rotten spots. I know of atleast 6 that broke frames and had Toyota either buy them back or swap frames at the local Toyota shop here. These were alk tacomas, tundras might not have the same problem 

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Did you know Toyota efficiency is a degree you can get .

One of my customers has a degree toyota manufacturing efficiency or some such shit . He basically runs around the country auditing a factory or distribution center and helps them implement better QC and efficiency .for  Like 25 yrs I think 

Was just at his place not long ago and he had piles of Ping stuff . Guess that us who he is helping out now.  I don't golf but I passed along my tip of gear to a bud who was more than stoked about the new driver and bag 

Lean manufacturing.  We took a course at my old job about it. Was really really interesting.  Toyota plants are incredibly efficient