Check your account email address ×

Why American cars don’t sell in Japan.

10 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I'm going with the reason being...,

The Japanese people like to support their country, the products they produce, and their fellow country man's lively hood..Quite respectful..

Screenshot_20210409-203231.png

Screenshot_20210409-203320.png

They should be respectful. They build the best vehicles in the world. Won’t see many Chevy Cruze over there. :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

They should be respectful. They build the best vehicles in the world. Won’t see many Chevy Cruze over there. :lol: 

Well they are having a lot of problems with the cv transmissions, but they of course started importing them from China and getting away from their own transmissions..Nissan is having major problems with them,..lasting about 40-50k till they are shot..

Any vehicle can turn into a pile of shit or be an absolute diamond in the matter of 20-30k miles.. A lot depends on the owner and driver..Our fleet vehicles (Dodge caravans) all have well over 200k, I know one is on the cusp of 300k. We just maintain them and replace wear items. My 2011 escape limited has 215k on it, gets driven 200-350 miles a day m-f and has been solid as a rock, every single thing works on it, never had a check engine light come on, obviously wear items are replaced, but other than that, I'd jump in it today and drive it to California without a worry in my mind..

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Well they are having a lot of problems with the cv transmissions, but they of course started importing them from China and getting away from their own transmissions..Nissan is having major problems with them,..lasting about 40-50k till they are shot..

Any vehicle can turn into a pile of shit or be an absolute diamond in the matter of 20-30k miles.. A lot depends on the owner and driver..Our fleet vehicles (Dodge caravans) all have well over 200k, I know one is on the cusp of 300k. We just maintain them and replace wear items. My 2011 escape limited has 215k on it, gets driven 200-350 miles a day m-f and has been solid as a rock, every single thing works on it, never had a check engine light come on, obviously wear items are replaced, but other than that, I'd jump in it today and drive it to California without a worry in my mind..

I have seen a few of those caravan C/v deals running strong well past 300k . My bud has a few of those still in his fleet . And they haul a lot of tools and heavy parts for fixing manufacturing equipment. 

A lot of those mi like most are freeway but still . They are way outlasting there promaster city  replacments .

He has actually gone to buying clean used C/v when they show up 

Edited by Ez ryder

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I’ll stick with Toyota for the boring drives and bmw for fun stuff. Winning combination. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’ll stick with Toyota for the boring drives and bmw for fun stuff. Winning combination. 

I thought you got rid of the mini van?

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Hell, my Tundra is far from boring...it'll pretty much boot stomp any of my buddies new rides.  Now, I did put long tubes on it and nixed all the stupid EPA crap..and get a little tune and bypass work done..to achieve the 11 mpg and exhaust stains on the back of the truck but still.....

So Worth It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I thought you got rid of the mini van?

Well, he had to get rid of the evidence when the camper he was towing with it forced his vehicle to skid into the back of a family of four...killing them all.

:lol: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I did. It lives down the street. He’s a hot shot delivery driver throughout the Midwest. The van runs non stop. Bought a high mileage tundra out of auction. 

Gotcha

27 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I have zero love for pick up trucks, but this was more or less a necessity. 

Needed to get your man card back on track..:lol:

Jk :bc:

12 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

brain eating amoeba got you pretty good huh inbred white trash mn hillbilly?

We don't get brain eating amoeba south of Canada.  Prob a issue in your tribe from eating all that raw seal blubber . Contrary to tribal beliefs drinking a jug of bottom shelf liquor every day on a old couch on the side of the road won't kill the amoeba infestation 

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

We don't get brain eating amoeba south of Canada.  Prob a issue in your tribe from eating all that raw seal blubber . Contrary to tribal beliefs drinking a jug of bottom shelf liquor every day on a old couch on the side of the road won't kill the amoeba infestation 

5 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

Again not a thing outside of tribes who eat blubber but just keep guzzling bottom shelf booze it has worked out great for your people so far 

18 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Again not a thing outside of tribes who eat blubber but just keep guzzling bottom shelf booze it has worked out great for your people so far 

5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup. fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

You left out sitting on a old couch on the side of a road with a massive pile of empty bottles watching traffic go by.  

It is amazing just how often you see that little display in his parts 

• Haha 1