Check your account email address ×

Cottage fire on Stoney

Puzzleboy

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Exactly...... see London flying that Jet Ranger in the top panel?  Or responsibly carrying a firearm at the end? 

Now that's an advanced species..... :)

Got to meet London at the Sportsman's Show one year when I was just a  little Puzzle ..... and saw Bart the Bear (the bear we saw most often used in Kodiak commercials/marketing, movies, etc.).  London's owner told us there were other dogs used too.  They cheated!!

There was more than one Lassie too. 

loved the hobo. 

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Exactly...... see London flying that Jet Ranger in the top panel?  Managing the cyclic and collective with paws having no opposable thumbs, shows just how incredible these animals are....

Or responsibly carrying a firearm at the end? 

Now that's an advanced species..... :)

Got to meet London at the Sportsman's Show one year when I was just a  little Puzzle ..... and saw Bart the Bear (the bear we saw most often used in Kodiak commercials/marketing, movies, etc.).  London's owner told us there were other dogs used too.  They cheated!!

Isn't that the episode that featured the Puzzler....."Mail order bride".....

Why wouldn't they just put the meds under Bart's tongue, like you would with a Shih-Tzu?

I wonder if he was named after the Sheriff?

From that pic, looks like Bart wasn't big on Manscaping, either. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

I've been to a few cottages that simple had the detectors removed and sitting on a shelf.....I assume because seasonal use with little to no heat in winter, the batteries die and rather than hearing the chirp, they get removed and forgotten about.

They mentioned on the news last night about a possible explosion? If that is the case, it explains why everyone perished, including the dogs, who more than likely would have alerted them if it was a fire. 

9 hours ago, irv said:

They mentioned on the news last night about a possible explosion? If that is the case, it explains why everyone perished, including the dogs, who more than likely would have alerted them if it was a fire. 

Clearly no explosion detectors......explosion detectors activate at sound level beyond the capability of Lassie and Hobo.

Wynne will now mandate explosion detectors. 

First the news has reported an explosion, and Stoney cottages are pretty close together, with many full time residents.  I know a few. 

And NOTHING has greater capabilities than Hobo.  I doubt a detector could fly a Jet Ranger. 

• Like 1

Could be, but these people had money.  Pretty sure the heat would be on there in a 4 season cottage worth well over a million, that they were going to spend the holidays at.  Should be added to everyone's cottage arrival checklist regardless. 

11 hours ago, Stoney said:

I've been to a few cottages that simple had the detectors removed and sitting on a shelf.....I assume because seasonal use with little to no heat in winter, the batteries die and rather than hearing the chirp, they get removed and forgotten about.

43 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Could be, but these people had money.  Pretty sure the heat would be on there in a 4 season cottage worth well over a million, that they were going to spend the holidays at.  Should be added to everyone's cottage arrival checklist regardless. 

Agreed....and just because someone has money or an expensive cottage, does mean they are cheap and blinded by certain things when it comes to spending as little as a $100 or so on some detectors. I am sure you know this, but some of the cheapest people in life are those with lots of money....

More about stupidity, than cheapness I think.  Having money, doesn't make one smart....

20 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Agreed....and just because someone has money or an expensive cottage, does mean they are cheap and blinded by certain things when it comes to spending as little as a $100 or so on some detectors. I am sure you know this, but some of the cheapest people in life are those with lots of money....

1 hour ago, ZRSledhead said:

Sad to see the family perish like that no matter the reason. Be even worse if it's determined lack of working smoke detectors is the route cause.

A smoke detector would not be a "route" cause.....the route cause would be what set off the event.  The smoke, CO, or ever detector may provide warning, if suitability located and operational.....they are not a route cause...

Edited by Poncho