Check your account email address ×

Cottage fire on Stoney

Puzzleboy

35 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Agreed....and just because someone has money or an expensive cottage, does mean they are cheap and blinded by certain things when it comes to spending as little as a $100 or so on some detectors. I am sure you know this, but some of the cheapest people in life are those with lots of money....

I asked a very wealthy friend one time how he amassed such wealth. He said it was a bit of a long story and asked me if I'd mind blowing out his candles while he told me. :$

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Or a root cause. 

Yes, it is highly unlikely that the smoke detector started the fire. 

Agree..."route" spelling was from ZR......root is the correct spelling for this topic, but really Puzzle.....let those girls out of the basement....they must be starving.

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

More about stupidity, than cheapness I think.  Having money, doesn't make one smart....

A bit of both, in some cases.....some can be so cheap that they make stupid mistakes. Anyways, you were the one referencing money previously, which is what I commented on..

Regardless, multiple lives lost, for whatever reason......if this road is as populated as suggested, I would think a neighbour would have heard an explosion of some sort if that was the case. I know when I am at a cottage in the winter, any noise is usually quite pronounced with most of the leaves fallen and the cool/cold nights.

The other thing to consider, most people when placed in a crisis situation, like a fire in your home, cannot deal very well with it or make the "best" choices, which could result in life lost, one of the reasons it is highly recommended to have a planned escape route should a fire happen, it requires less thought......the dogs for all we know could have been caged at night. 

• Like 2

Not unreasonable to use non functional smoke detectors (if it turns out they even had detectors) as a root cause (thanks for the spelling lesson though).

Commonly, root cause is used to describe the depth in the causal chain where an intervention could reasonably be implemented to improve performance or prevent an undesirable outcome.

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

A bit of both, in some cases.....some can be so cheap that they make stupid mistakes. Anyways, you were the one referencing money previously, which is what I commented on..

Regardless, multiple lives lost, for whatever reason......if this road is as populated as suggested, I would think a neighbour would have heard an explosion of some sort if that was the case. I know when I am at a cottage in the winter, any noise is usually quite pronounced with most of the leaves fallen and the cool/cold nights.

The other thing to consider, most people when placed in a crisis situation, like a fire in your home, cannot deal very well with it or make the "best" choices, which could result in life lost, one of the reasons it is highly recommended to have a planned escape route should a fire happen, it requires less thought......the dogs for all we know could have been caged at night. 

Great point.

A planned escape route and meeting spot, all of us should have one worked out and periodically discussed. 

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Wynne will now mandate explosion detectors. 

First the news has reported an explosion, and Stoney cottages are pretty close together, with many full time residents.  I know a few. 

And NOTHING has greater capabilities than Hobo.  I doubt a detector could fly a Jet Ranger. 

Hate to break it to you Puzzle, but that was 'Movie Magic'.

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

Like this.

ZR lays a smackdown on Poncho.  Stay tuned.....

15 hours ago, ZRSledhead said:

Not unreasonable to use non functional smoke detectors (if it turns out they even had detectors) as a root cause (thanks for the spelling lesson though).

Commonly, root cause is used to describe the depth in the causal chain where an intervention could reasonably be implemented to improve performance or prevent an undesirable outcome.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Hate to break it to you Puzzle, but that was 'Movie Magic'.

Stop, Crusher.....Puzzle is currently sitting on his mommy's lap drinking breast milk.....don't fuck him up about 'Movie Magic'. Puzzle believes Shaggy and the RoadRunner can save his ass in a home fire...'beep'.....'beep'......'!

8 hours ago, Poncho said:

Stop, Crusher.....Puzzle is currently sitting on his mommy's lap drinking breast milk.....don't fuck him up about 'Movie Magic'. Puzzle believes Shaggy and the RoadRunner can save his ass in a home fire...'beep'.....'beep'......'!

Had to break it to him, hope he doesn't change his 'Maybe Tomorrow' ringtone from the letdown.

Shaggy would only save the food and I always hoped RR would become RoadKill. 

On January 7, 2017 at 5:53 AM, ZRSledhead said:

Not unreasonable to use non functional smoke detectors (if it turns out they even had detectors) as a root cause (thanks for the spelling lesson though.

Puzzler to thank for sure.....he is a cunning linguist

2 minutes ago, ZRSledhead said:

LOL

I'm outta here, loaded up n ready to hit da road to Quebec in the am.

Great enjoy the ride!....did Puzzle ask to join you, or is he home wrenching on his sled.....sorry root....lol

28 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

He said he was checking his house with black light  after some ladies came by ......

image.jpg

Oh OK, so he wasn't home then and they escaped out of the basement...did they take his entire collection of Snow Goer?

Edited by Poncho