Check your account email address ×

Ok Techies

Local friend here does NOT own a cell phone mostly due to the fact they don't work in this area very well or many times not at all, anyhow he's trying to get a Gmail setup on a device but doesn't remember his G-Mail password, so Google wants to send him a text to refresh his Password or whatever they call it, but he can't get texts because he has no cell phone. Anyone know a way around needing a text or how to do it? He does have an I-pad he says.

33 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Local friend here does NOT own a cell phone mostly due to the fact they don't work in this area very well or many times not at all, anyhow he's trying to get a Gmail setup on a device but doesn't remember his G-Mail password, so Google wants to send him a text to refresh his Password or whatever they call it, but he can't get texts because he has no cell phone. Anyone know a way around needing a text or how to do it? He does have an I-pad he says.

You can have them send an email with a one time code to get in and change the password.  Of course he would have to send it to a different email account

Edited by racer254

33 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Have him text you when your with him.

Worse case scenario ... how attached to the e-mail is he?  It's pretty easy to set up a new one.  His iPad won't work because that's based on an Apple ID (if he doesn't have a cell account).

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

If they want to send him a text then at some point he must have given them a #.

I guess when they ask him for a number they didn't say cell phone, so he used his home phone number.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I guess when they ask him for a number they didn't say cell phone, so he used his home phone number.

LoL you can't get a text on your home phone. 

But the point is if you can't claim to have lost your password for an account and then, after that fact, provide the cell # then wouldn't that be way to easy for anyone to break into someone else's account?  Therefore he must have given them a # at some point before this.

EDIT: it now occurs to me that he gave his home # initially. 

Yeah sounds like he's fucked. Did he provide an alternate email at sign up??

Edited by Kivalo

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Yep, probably be the easiest thing to do at this point

He's on his way here now.

He tried to do that but won't work..I'll try something here, stand by.

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

Worse case scenario ... how attached to the e-mail is he?  It's pretty easy to set up a new one.  His iPad won't work because that's based on an Apple ID (if he doesn't have a cell account).

Chris isn't there a way you found so people could find their stored passwords if they are using google?? I kind of remember you posting that tip somewhere on the other site because some guys forgot their stored password? I had it saved over there but I can't access that site anymore or where the tip was stored.

26 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Chris isn't there a way you found so people could find their stored passwords if they are using google?? I kind of remember you posting that tip somewhere on the other site because some guys forgot their stored password? I had it saved over there but I can't access that site anymore or where the tip was stored.

If they're using Chrome, yeah ...

• Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your browser
  • Click on Settings
  • Click on Passwords
  • Use the search box in the upper right to search on the site in question (for Don's buddy, it'd be 'accounts.google.com')

That's the easiest, most simple fix, assuming the device you're on had the password cached.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 4:54 PM, Big Crappie said:

It's like Sam Drucker trying to teach Mr. Haney about email.

I think Arnold is IT where Don lives.

even mr Haney knew about the pore hole.  He knew it just suckd everything up if ya dont turn off it off with a pore hole key.......

Edited by old indy
  • Haha 1