Check your account email address ×

so what's been going on

7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It have changed since I’ve taken a ASE test I’m all ICAR now. It was only one guy had to pass and the shop could get the stupid sign but I believe if the entire shop passed you get some special sign that showed that. ICAR is the same way there is gold and platinum shops. 

Well the sign just means that the company has an employee that is a ASE certified tech. If someone believes that all the techs there are ASE certified then they’re idiots. 

25 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Ford even does, or did, the same thing. my certifications covered the entire shop for everything, which was all that was required for them to get paid on warranty.

Warranty coverage from GM was based on the amount of GM training a dealer had not ASEs. An ASE is required for a GM Master Tech Certification, however. Those are not required for dealers. It’s just a bonus. 

Last dealer I worked at kept my GM training active for almost two years because they couldn’t get anyone to pass the shit that I had to cover the amount of training I had. They do it all the time. 

52 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I think for the most part, taking my car/truck to the dealers is the best bet. 

I don't think a big, clean dealership, will tolerate a fuck-up. Maybe once or twice, then they will boot ya'. 

They don't want a bad rep, especially with the internet these days. 

Proof that a man with all your money and land and ho’s and 5d maglight butt fucking doesn’t know much and doesn’t have much street smarts either.

Yes, i have 1st hand and hands on knowledge of this. Ie: private and dealer garages and techs.

Caveat Emptor

Edited by CFM

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Well the sign just means that the company has an employee that is a ASE certified tech. If someone believes that all the techs there are ASE certified then they’re idiots. 

That’s what Polaris 550 was talking about saying it was a ase certified garage. The sign can mean multiple things from 1 certified guy to the entire shop, two different signs. Same with icar gold vs platinum. Only someone who knows what the difference is would even know. It’s basically a gimmick for the people who have no idea they see a flashy sign that makes them feel they can be trusted. Very few owners actually pay to have every single tech certified. Usually they pay for one guy or the owner/operator does it and everyone else leeches off the one guys credentials.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s what Polaris 550 was talking about saying it was a ase certified garage. The sign can mean multiple things from 1 certified guy to the entire shop, two different signs. Same with icar gold vs platinum. Only someone who knows what the difference is would even know. It’s basically a gimmick for the people who have no idea they see a flashy sign that makes them feel they can be trusted. Very few owners actually pay to have every single tech certified. Usually they pay for one guy or the owner/operator does it and everyone else leeches off the one guys credentials.

Not disputing just saying that I’ve never worked for one like that. 

10 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Warranty coverage from GM was based on the amount of GM training a dealer had not ASEs. An ASE is required for a GM Master Tech Certification, however. Those are not required for dealers. It’s just a bonus. 

Last dealer I worked at kept my GM training active for almost two years because they couldn’t get anyone to pass the shit that I had to cover the amount of training I had. They do it all the time. 

same with ford, ASE was only required for me as a senior master. but my certs covered the whole shop for each category, engines, electrical, diesel, etc.
they didnt require ASE for anyone else.

i honestly wish they would come up with some kind of license for techs, it would get a lot of stupid people out of the business. you have to be licensed to be a plumber or operate a forklift, but not fix peoples cars?

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

same with ford, ASE was only required for me as a senior master. but my certs covered the whole shop for each category, engines, electrical, diesel, etc.

i honestly wish they would come up with some kind of license for techs, it would get a lot of stupid people out of the business. you have to be licensed to be a plumber or operate a forklift, but not fix peoples cars?

Isn’t that the point of the ase/icar certs it’s basically your license they just allow everyone else to use it. 

it’s crazy anyone can work on a car you don’t need any kind of real training or licensing like say a nurse. A auto tech can kill someone just as easy as a nurse it’s just a loose lug nut away or brakes done wrong anything. We got all kinds of rules where we can section panels, how many welds it requires, does it need panel glue, ultra high strength steels that can’t be fixed all crap for airbag timing but anyone can just come in and start heating, drilling and spitting out booger welds and be called a professional.

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I let a fukkin local ASE certified garage work on one of my cars, 'cause they were also my inspection station. 

Dildos fucked something up, I had to take it to the dealer and they fixed it right. 

I lost a few hundred on that clusterfuck. 

I can't imagine working on someone's car in their driveway. 

dude paid me 150 bucks to take off the down pipe on his duramax when it when it was -20

7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Isn’t that the point of the ase/icar certs it’s basically your license they just allow everyone else to use it. 

ASE tests wouldnt remotely qualify as a license if it was my choice, a mildly trained monkey can pass them.

46 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

State of Michigan requires all techs to be licensed to work on motor vehicles even motorcycles, etc. However, the shared license bullshit is what happens even more with those. Plus, the tests for that license are easier than ASEs and ASEs can be use to get licensed by the state by just proving you have them and paying the money to the state. That license expires yearly. 

1 hour ago, FrankieJames7 said:

dude paid me 150 bucks to take off the down pipe on his duramax when it when it was -20

The question you have to ask yourself is do we give a fuck? Well do we punk? NO!!!!

2 hours ago, CFM said:

Proof that a man with all your money and land and ho’s and 5d maglight butt fucking doesn’t know much and doesn’t have much street smarts either.

Yes, i have 1st hand and hands on knowledge of this. Ie: private and dealer garages and techs.

Caveat Emptor

WTF are you talking about!! 

What is your point, Private Pyle?

I said that an ASE garage fucked up my car. 

I also said that for ME, my best luck has been with the dealerships. 

What don't you understand about that?

I wish I was younger, so I could kick your ass when I go fishing on Winnepesaukee.  

I used ta' be certified by NIASE ( now ASE ) many years ago: 

Auto Refinishing

Auto Body Repair

Auto Frame Repair

I was not well-trained, or highly experienced. Probably just read some stuff, and passed the tests.  

23 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

why would a weak and worthless american cod nerd care about working on cars? 

Been wrenching on cars and more long before you were Daddy's little squirt. :wackit:

2 hours ago, CFM said:

Caveat Emptor

I'd like to choke you the fuck out between catching some pickerel and smallies. 

How's that for streets smarts????     :kneebash:

7 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

xbox doesn't count american faggot

Not really wanting to involved in this but you are making me crazy calling everyone an american faggot....you're american no matter how you slice it. Need a different angle, like american land stealers or something lol

2 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

Not really wanting to involved in this but you are making me crazy calling everyone an american faggot....you're american no matter how you slice it. Need a different angle, like american land stealers or something lol

He's a queer that's why "Faggot" always come into his conversations, he can't stop.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

Don't ya' wish ya' could make Franny smell your farts????

26 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'd like to choke you the fuck out between catching some pickerel and smallies. 

How's that for streets smarts????     :kneebash:

That’s twice you threatened me physically. I save the evidence.