Check your account email address ×

Thanks democrats 11 million set to lose homes

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

By the looks of it, it appears he's been living beyond his means and has to adjust accordingly. The fact that at 63 he can't survive 8 months off of work pretty much tells the story. 

So true. He could sign up for SS and still work.

I have friends my age who will have to work till they drop because of stupid decisions they made, some multiple times like marriages. A few have kids 40 years old from their first marriage and 12 years old from their third marriage.

These guys made over 200K 20 years ago but having to divide it in half and then half again has killed their income and chance to retire. 

The problem is finding a job at 65 years old. It’s almost impossible.

Just out of curiosity.  What would be an acceptable amount of time for the state to forcibly shut your business down before it effects you financially and it is no longer your fault?   2-5 10- 20 years???? 
sweet fuck people are really something.

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah....he's gone full TDS retard here.

:lol: 

yes.

This isn't all correct. 

Proof.

Yes, it's pretty much correct. Do you know how to read? Try it some time and educate yourself.

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

this was a politically caused downturn.  Prior to March 2020 we were in the biggest economic run of most of our lifetimes and it was killed by politicians

Reality of the fact anyone who "loses" their home is a retard.  The market will absorb the inventory at prices far greater than the majority paid  and you are better off selling if you are truly in trouble.  We saw very few that were in forbearance who were really in trouble,  most did it because the media convinced them they could skip payments but to refinance to the record low rates we made them pay 3 months before they could close.  

That economic run also involved the highest run up on the country’s credit card ever recorded. I’m calling bullshit on all of it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Government should have subsidized every single business they forced to close including operating costs and full payroll for employees and they should have made it a simple and quick process. Other countries were able to do it.

BTW telling someone that it’s their fault that they weren’t prepared  for 8 months without a job is fucking assinine. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 hours ago, Anler said:

Have you noticed that corps and banks have been given full immunity to loot and pillage while getting generous tax cuts that we do not enjoy? Anybody ever wonder why that is? The fed is printing more money now then all year before combined and who is getting that money? You have been played 

:iagree:

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Government should have subsidized every single business they forced to close including operating costs and full payroll for employees and they should have made it a simple and quick process. Other countries were able to do it.

LOL, in this country it doesn't work like that unless you're in the banking industry. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW telling someone that it’s their fault that they weren’t prepared  for 8 months without a job is fucking assinine. 

Don't be stupid, if at 63 you can't survive 8 months off of work, more than likely that individual was doing something wrong up to that point. A little wisdom for you and whoever else needs it below. 

The Furnace Of Adversity- LDS Blogs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

I mean having Mc agreeing with you should at least raise an eyebrow. :lol:

It should make you log off, sit down and really rethink every process in your thinking.

58 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yes, it's pretty much correct. Do you know how to read? Try it some time and educate yourself.

No...it really isn't.  The push was on (mostly by the Dems) to ensure ALL Americans can get a mortgage and buy a home.  Banks simply laughed and went along with the idiocy (this doesn't make them moral in this instance).  Government...once again, got involved in the "free market" process to "correct" social injustices.  

Need a mortgage?  Just need a signature and how much you want.  PRESTO!  There's a lender made just for you!  First up on the forclosure list were the "no-doc/low-doc" loans.  This then killed values in their preospective neighborhoods and well, the rest is history.

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yes but, also G'ment should have had a plan and schedule.  They had nothing.  Nothing....and did it anyway.

Just now, Zambroski said:

It should make you log off, sit down and really rethink every process in your thinking.

No...it really isn't.  The push was on (mostly by the Dems) to ensure ALL Americans can get a mortgage and buy a home.  Banks simply laughed and went along with the idiocy (this doesn't make them moral in this instance).  Government...once again, got involved in the "free market" process to "correct" social injustices.  

Need a mortgage?  Just need a signature and how much you want.  PRESTO!  There's a lender made just for you!  First up on the forclosure list were the "no-doc/low-doc" loans.  This then killed values in their preospective neighborhoods and well, the rest is history.

Yes but, also G'ment should have had a plan and schedule.  They had nothing.  Nothing....and did it anyway.

very true statement

14 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Don't be stupid, if at 63 you can't survive 8 months off of work, more than likely that individual was doing something wrong up to that point. A little wisdom for you and whoever else needs it below. 

Do you know how many people in America literally can't go more than a month without income?  Regardless of age?  Poor decisions are a large part but not all.  When the government kills off wages for many out of an irrational fear....that's something we should all have a big fucking problem with instead of blaming everyone unable to be financially fiscal.  

The same goes for those in government ensuring all can get a mortgage.....in spite of many individuals being able to think smart about what they can afford.

Again, the government solves nothing.  NOTHING.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Do you know how many people in America literally can't go more than a month without income?  Regardless of age?  Poor decisions are a large part but not all.  When the government kills off wages for many out of an irrational fear....that's something we should all have a big fucking problem with instead of blaming everyone unable to be financially fiscal.  

The same goes for those in government ensuring all can get a mortgage.....in spite of many individuals being able to think smart about what they can afford.

Again, the government solves nothing.  NOTHING.

many can't go more than a week.  Personal financial responsibility in this country is absolutely terrible and passed from generation to generation.   I am fortunate that my mother taught me well (prob too well given how cheap i can be) my father was a spender but she kept him inline. 

Even though I think Dave Ramsey is a bit of a fraud i suggested a coworker get financial peace university for her mid 20's son as he has no financial reality and i think someone starting from zero can learn a lot from the guy about budgeting and at least thinking through your choices. 

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

many can't go more than a week.  Personal financial responsibility in this country is absolutely terrible and passed from generation to generation.   I am fortunate that my mother taught me well (prob too well given how cheap i can be) my father was a spender but she kept him inline. 

Even though I think Dave Ramsey is a bit of a fraud i suggested a coworker get financial peace university for her mid 20's son as he has no financial reality and i think someone starting from zero can learn a lot from the guy about budgeting and at least thinking through your choices. 

My father could make a mile of copper wire out of a penny.  I don't think I'm quite as bad (my wife thinks otherwise) but, bottom line is, everyone should look for financial freedom (no debt) and almost every move should be aimed around that, IMO.

Nawww...fuck that!  $80k truck, wifey in a new SUV, new sleds and trailer, house that is way too much and some "look at me" bling!  Yep....all for easy monthly payments...for the rest of your life.  That's the ticket!

Just now, Zambroski said:

My father could make a mile of copper wire out of a penny.  I don't think I'm quite as bad (my wife thinks otherwise) but, bottom line is, everyone should look for financial freedom (no debt) and almost every move should be aimed around that, IMO.

Nawww...fuck that!  $80k truck, wifey in a new SUV, new sleds and trailer, house that is way too much and some "look at me" bling!  Yep....all for easy monthly payments...for the rest of your life.  That's the ticket!

Many claim its bragging when i say i pay cash for things but that is just proper financial management in my world.    Save up for what you want and then buy it for the best deal you can find.   With my kids my daughters decent with money my son terrible.  

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

I’m not stupid and certainly don’t need your wisdom but thanks anyhow.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Exactly.  Most couldn’t go 8 days without a pay check without feeling consequences.  Not the Rockefeller’s here though.  :lol:

so full of shit.   I don’t care how well you have squirreled money away.  8 months with no job,  The toys are going up for sale, the hot rod, you are going to make changes.   

But yeah.   The State destroyed my business, guess I shouldn’t of been living so high on the hog. Derp, Derp.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Exactly.  Most couldn’t go 8 days without a pay check without feeling consequences.  Not the Rockefeller’s here though.  :lol:

so full of shit.   I don’t care how well you have squirreled money away.  8 months with no job,  The toys are going up for sale, the hot rod, you are going to make changes.   

But yeah.   The State destroyed my business, guess I shouldn’t of been living so high on the hog. Derp, Derp.  

People who are smart enough save money for rainy days by not buying all those "look at me" toys, it's called priorities over pleasure. It sounds like that's what happened to your buddy yet you want to play the violin for him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I truly wonder what could or would have happened if instead of making it their job to get rid of trump from day one by any means necessary the dems just tried, even a little, to work with him?

Had he behaved like a normal human being, things would’ve been much different. Trump got exactly what he deserved and wanted. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Personal financial management should be a mandatory hs class.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Had he behaved like a normal human being, things would’ve been much different. Trump got exactly what he deserved and wanted. 

74 million voters disagree with you.

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Personal financial management should be a mandatory hs class.

yes no doubt.  I was talking about this this morning with that coworker as she's helping her mid 20's son buy a car.  he never learned those skills. his cousin on the other hand went to an online school after some issues with the public school and they had a whole semester class about basic personal finance so at 18 has more knowledge  than someone 6-7 years older.