Check your account email address ×

Trail issues?

Any of you other active club/trail workers having a high number of landowner complaints this year, here in NY our club has had numerous trespassing, not staying on marked trail complaints this year and has kept us busy soothing the land owners to keep trails open I have dealt with landowners more this year than I have in the 20 years I have maintained my section, just wondering if it is happening elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Yes. 

We also have a person who think they own the right of way the trail uses because their family has owned the land next to it for 25 years.

oh i have one of those ,

and yes we have been getting all sorts of complaints. set up a cam by our shelter to shame some of the ass hats . then we see some ass hat steeling our split fire wood on the back of his sled a few times ? wtf is wrong with people 

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Any of you other active club/trail workers having a high number of landowner complaints this year, here in NY our club has had numerous trespassing, not staying on marked trail complaints this year and has kept us busy soothing the land owners to keep trails open I have dealt with landowners more this year than I have in the 20 years I have maintained my section, just wondering if it is happening elsewhere.

I can't believe all the posts I see about assholes,.. really sucks

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I can't believe all the posts I see about assholes,.. really sucks

we finally gave up and asked the sheriff sled patrol, DEC and parks to step up patrols and start writing tickets, don't know what else to do:wall:

5 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

we finally gave up and asked the sheriff sled patrol, DEC and parks to step up patrols and start writing tickets, don't know what else to do:wall:

That's the best thing to do..

6 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Snowmobilers are assholes.  This site is a prime example, packed full of assholes.

Ehh, I don't see anyone doing from here doing what's going on in our area,.. Actually had a guy beat the crap out of a park ranger, took off and left him in the woods another group of guys went off trail straight up into someones back yard, tore it up, not like they cut across it, straight up played in their yard, lady came out, they shoved her down and took off. Some wackos out there

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

That's the best thing to do..

I have been confronting every one I see . As has most of the guys in the club . Also taking pics.  Going to put them up with names at the  shelter after checking legality may start posting names with pics on the book of faces 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

People are complainers. We’ve owned property in northern Michigan for years. I wouldn’t give to fucks if someone drove their sled across it. People are the biggest bunch of cunts anymore. There are daily posts about this on every Facebook sled page. 

Ehh, I don't see anyone doing from here doing what's going on in our area,.. Actually had a guy beat the crap out of a park ranger, took off and left him in the woods another group of guys went off trail straight up into someones back yard, tore it up, not like they cut across it, straight up played in their yard, lady came out, they shoved her down and took off. Some wackos out there

That's assault to a federal officer and the old lady is trespassing and assault.  Reminds me of those fuckbags in WI that chased down the deer and killed them.

12 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

People are complainers. We’ve owned property in northern Michigan for years. I wouldn’t give to fucks if someone drove their sled across it. People are the biggest bunch of cunts anymore. There are daily posts about this on every Facebook sled page. 

the land owners have every right to bitch, 90% our trails are on private property and without the graciousness of these landowners we would not have a trail system, we will back the landowner over a disrespectful snowmobiler any day. apparently Mi plays by a different set of rules

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

To a point yes but when it is clearly posted and roped off and they go under the rope and trash a winter wheat field the club is the one who has to pay the farmer . 

• Gold Member
57 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I'm assuming it's due to the high level of dealer sales and thereby new riders?

Just now, Kivalo said:

I'm assuming it's due to the high level of dealer sales and thereby new riders?

I also think it has to do with all the free time this scamdemic has given people, have had more traffic through my area than I have seen in years

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

I also think it has to do with all the free time this scamdemic has given people, have had more traffic through my area than I have seen in years

Yeah that makes sense as well. BTW, how are the trails out your way?

Just now, Kivalo said:

Yeah that makes sense as well. BTW, how are the trails out your way?

they have been awesome best they have been in years and now we have a fucking warm up we have a good enough base so if it doesn't warm up too much they might survive

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

they have been awesome best they have been in years and now we have a fucking warm up we have a good enough base so if it doesn't warm up too much they might survive

I hope so, I get mine back tomorrow

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

There are a lot of noobs to the sport this year

34 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

This. Plus the waiting in the first part of winter put everyone in the go mode when it finally came. 

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

That's assault to a federal officer and the old lady is trespassing and assault.  Reminds me of those fuckbags in WI that chased down the deer and killed them.

Screenshot_20210223-205218.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

oh i have one of those ,

and yes we have been getting all sorts of complaints. set up a cam by our shelter to shame some of the ass hats . then we see some ass hat steeling our split fire wood on the back of his sled a few times ? wtf is wrong with people 

The ones I never understand out in your hood are the pencil dicks that think ripping across a chisel plowed field at 6-mph with 2" of snirt on it is a good time.