Check your account email address ×

Parler

Rod

6 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

It should’ve never been shutdown and everyone on this site should’ve been outraged by it being shutdown 

The alt left doesn’t believe in free speech 

4 hours ago, jtssrx said:

It should’ve never been shutdown and everyone on this site should’ve been outraged by it being shutdown 

As far as I know a business has the right to choose who they do business with :dunno:

As soon as they found a company willing to host their content, they are back online. That's just business.

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, ckf said:

As far as I know a business has the right to choose who they do business with :dunno:

As soon as they found a company willing to host their content, they are back online. That's just business.

Agreed, if I got outraged over that I would just shoot myself.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's only acceptable though if you are a democrat....Republicans have to take it to the Supreme Court to win in some cases...and their businesses are shunned...

Edited by Dave

• Platinum Contributing Member
59 minutes ago, ckf said:

You are correct but when the govt provides you special litigation protection on what you allow to be posted or not is where I draw the line.  If they want to operate like a publisher than be a publisher where you are responsible for your content.  If you desire to have that non publisher protection provided by govt then freedom of speech must be allowed to a certain extent.   Where that line is can be foggy.  

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Bullshit they shut them down for political reasons. No different than if people decide they hate snowmobilers and start shutting down snowmobile sites. Parlor didn’t violate the terms of service and the judge that heard the case against Amazon is a clinton appointment lefttard 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Bullshit they shut them down for political reasons. No different than if people decide they hate snowmobilers and start shutting down snowmobile sites. Parlor didn’t violate the terms of service and the judge that heard the case against Amazon is a clinton appointment lefttard 

It's their right to shut them down for whatever reason they want. Does freedom only apply when it's in your favor?

21 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's their right to shut them down for whatever reason they want. Does freedom only apply when it's in your favor?

No it’s not they had a terms of service agreement. Parler didn’t violate that. Amazon needed to have that terms of agreement in order to attract business for this very reason if they just decide to arbitrarily shut down people that they don’t agree with politically nobody would want to do business with them. I imagine in the long run this will hurt their business

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

People break contracts all the time.  The courts will decide...

This was politically motivated because parlor said they would allow Trump on their platform after he was the platform by Twitter and Facebook. Twitter is an Amazon company parlor is a competitor of Twitter. By your standard we should be able to just ban anybody for what we want that we’re going to ban people for political reasons I’ll let you start banning people because they’re a woman or because they’re black or because they’re Asian or because they’re Indian or because they’re Muslim liberals talk out of both sides of their fucking mouth you can’t say to anything Or you get canceled by them but they collude with each other to D platform parlor because they don’t like the conservative message I don’t understand why you’re not against usOr you get canceled by them but they collude with each other to D platform parlor because they don’t like the conservative message I don’t understand why you’re not against this

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

That's why we have courts.  Parler did nothing wrong.

I have no idea as I haven't read their terms of use policies. As Jeff said, I'm sure they left themselves a little wiggle room that the courts will have to decide what the intent was. 

It makes no mater to me as I don't care about the garbage coming from the extreme left or right.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I have no idea as I haven't read their terms of use policies. As Jeff said, I'm sure they left themselves a little wiggle room that the courts will have to decide what the intent was. 

It makes no mater to me as I don't care about the garbage coming from the extreme left or right.

I'm really torn on this issue. Like you, I support a business' right to do business with whomever they choose. I also recognize that business' can trample your "rights" as easily as a government can. Where to draw the line between the two? That's a really tough question to answer.

I put the term rights in quotes because we don't really have rights with business, we have terms of service and whatnot but you all get the point.