Check your account email address ×

So, met with my new local banker this AM.....

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Nice enough young man.  Very well dressed and groomed for the role.  Nice big office and enough accolades on the wall to justify his position.  Anyway...I notice his Political Science degree on the wall and after we conducted our business, I felt inclined to ask his opinion because of a few subtle comments he made along the way (e.g. I wasn't wearing a mask and as soon as we got behind his door, he flung his off and said he hated it too) so, I had to ask about what he thought about this political climate.  His first address?  COVID.  Said, "It was the most brilliant political play we'd ever see...fear sells and makes it easy to govern and rule."  So I just asked point blank, "Do you think this is all bullshit?  His answer:  "Without question." He proceeded to go into great detail on it and a few other things.  We had some good discussion and some good laughs over the next half hour or so as I sat there in a golf pullover, cargo shorts, and, of course, my crocs and he sported a nice suite and a pair of $300 Allen Edmonds (shoes) and a time piece he should have spent a bit more on, LOL.  I just knew that cutesy, new BMW SUV in the lot was his also.

BTW...he's a registered Dem.   

did you bring your dog ?

dog croks.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

He'd sit down in front of them and they'd ask where his BIL was...then just send him to the ATM for his brand of "high finance".

:lol: 

Yeah family business are rare. Many here work for one.....I know who they are.....careful.

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

who hangs their diploma on the wall :dunno:  

unless it's a professional designation that is :lol: especially when it is a made up discipline for retards who couldn't get into a real program to feel special about themselves. 

Just now, frenchy said:

unless it's a professional designation that is :lol: especially when it is a made up discipline for retards who couldn't get into a real program to feel special about themselves. 

exactly,  doctor lawyer and even an MBA i might be able to see but a poli sci degree or basic business degree from some college WGAF. TBH i have no idea where mine even went,   i was working full time before graduation and never even went to it.  

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah family business are rare. Many here work for one.....I know who they are.....careful.

Wut?  LOL....you were 'in" the business, eh?  :lol: 

And wtf does "careful" mean?  If you have something...use it.  Otherwise, just continue to bleed.  :lmao: 

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

who gives a fuck what a poli sci grad thinks?

IDK, it is the "science" of politics so....

I'm not sure if it's settled or not tho.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

who hangs their diploma on the wall :dunno:  

Almost everyone in a professional office setting, I think. 

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Wut?  LOL....you were 'in" the business, eh?  :lol: 

And wtf does "careful" mean?  If you have something...use it.  Otherwise, just continue to bleed.  :lmao: 

IDK, it is the "science" of politics so....

I'm not sure if it's settled or not tho.  :lol: 

Almost everyone in a professional office setting, I think. 

not around here

On 2/19/2021 at 10:47 AM, BOHICA said:

I don’t know...  I think Cruz is done if runs for re-election when his term is up.

Why do you really think they expected him to come to TX with a book of matches and start them some camp fires 🔥 or something?

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

not around here

Interesting. I guess I never really thought about it much but, it may just be the "up and coming" business peeps that keep a "love me/look at me wall" going.  After a while, I think it just looks junky (and tacky) and get's packed up in boxes.  :dunno: 

On 2/19/2021 at 11:56 AM, Big Crappie said:

Damn @Zambroskiyou think this guy got where he is by not being able to figure out what type of person he's dealing with? I guarantee he was acting and after you left he was telling his buddies about the "rube" from Minnesota he just roped in. LOL

Oldest trick in the sales book. You were dealing with a chameleon. :bc:

First thought I had too.....Derpbroski breaking bread and making life long besties with the salesman :lol: 

fucking idiot

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, frenchy said:

Bankers are like McDonald’s. There’s one on every corner. Zam was just happy to talk to someone,and get some cookies out of a $3 tin. :lol:

On 2/19/2021 at 11:56 AM, Big Crappie said:

Damn @Zambroskiyou think this guy got where he is by not being able to figure out what type of person he's dealing with? I guarantee he was acting and after you left he was telling his buddies about the "rube" from Minnesota he just roped in. LOL

Oldest trick in the sales book. You were dealing with a chameleon. :bc: