Check your account email address ×

Donald Trump: US must greatly expand nuclear weapons

• Platinum Contributing Member

Why.....Cause you have to keep up with the Joneses?

The president-elect, who takes office next month, said the US must take such action "until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes".

He spoke hours after President Vladimir Putin said Russia needs to bolster its military nuclear potential.

The US has 7,100 nuclear weapons and Russia has 7,300, according to the US nonpartisan Arms Control Association.

We need more nukes until the world comes to it's senses about nukes?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38410027

14 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

well you're creating anti-trump threads, bashing trumpsters....what gives?

Well....we don't need no more stinking nukes :lol:

Can someone here please explain to me why we need more? Open mind and all ears

11 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:wtf:  Slinger, MC and Spin all have the same opinion as me. It's like the Twilight Zone

i'll try and think more like the other 97% of members here. i'll try very hard. i'll do it just for you. 

Edited by spin_dry

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

i try and think more like the other 97% of members here. i'll try very hard. i'll do it just for you.

I just found myself agreeing with you in the Psychedelics thread too. Maybe I should log off and take a vacation :lol:

5 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Stealth nukes?

I don't know the ins and outs of this but from my understanding we can't change or retrofit any of the ICBM's but we can take them offline and replace them with modern delivery systems. Total number shouldn't grow any higher. ??? The only work I'm aware of that's been done on the ICBM's is swapping out the solid fuel to make sure they still function and aren't inert.

I just don't get why we would need "Greatly expand" on our nuclear weapons

Edited by Skidooski

Just now, Skidooski said:

I don't know the ins and outs of this but from my understanding we can't change or retrofit any of the ICBM's but we can take them offline and replace them with modern delivery systems. Total number shouldn't grow any higher. ??? The only work that's been done on the ICBM's is swapping out the solid fuel to make sure they still function and aren't inert.

I just don't get why we would need "Greatly expand" on our nuclear weapons

"nuclear capabilities".

You kind of answered it in this post.  Relax.  Don't get all "intellectually elite" just yet.  They are pulling up a chair for you now...DO NOT SIT DOWN!!!!

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"nuclear capabilities".

You kind of answered it in this post.  Relax.  Don't get all "intellectually elite" just yet.  They are pulling up a chair for you now...DO NOT SIT DOWN!!!!

:lol:

OK....yeah I see the article references "nuclear arsenal" while his tweet said "nuclear capabilities". But still...."expand it's nuclear capabilities" does sound IMO like he's thinking on possibly increasing the over all amount. Either way why? We apparently have the second most in the world and between us and Russia we can kill off everyone so all semantics aside...why?

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

OK....yeah I see the article references "nuclear arsenal" while his tweet said "nuclear capabilities". But still...."expand it's nuclear capabilities" does sound IMO like he's thinking on possibly increasing the over all amount. Either way why? We apparently have the second most in the world and between us and Russia we can kill off everyone so all semantics aside...why?

There is no logical or good reason why.  It's a complete waste of money.