Check your account email address ×

My uncles gun collection

f7ben

My uncle Baron died this summer and turns out he had a gun collection that he was having a friend keep for him. Well that friend was an honest fellow and after Baron died unexpectedly he tracked down my dad after deciding he wouldn’t ever give the guns to my aunt lol.

Last week my dad made a cannonball run to Florida and picked up the guns.

There are some very rare and very obscure guns in the collection and my dad has tasked me with selling them after I advised him against taking an offer he was made on the entire lot. 

If this entire collection was on average in even 5% better condition I believe it would fetch between $20-25k. 

Either way I’m having a great time tracking down info on all these obscure guns and determining what to do with them. 

• Like 2

• Gold Member

Hopefully you went through a FFL...  sounds sketch transporting guns from Florida to Minnesota from somebody that was holding them for a family member that died and against some sort of laws. 

Edited by BOHICA

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My uncle Baron died this summer and turns out he had a gun collection that he was having a friend keep for him. Well that friend was an honest fellow and after Baron died unexpectedly he tracked down my dad after deciding he wouldn’t ever give the guns to my aunt lol.

There are some very rare and very obscure guns in the collection and my dad has tasked me with selling them after I advised him against taking an offer he was made on the entire lot. 

If this entire collection was on average in even 5% better condition I believe it would fetch between $20-25k. 

Either way I’m having a great time tracking down info on all these obscure guns and determining what to do with them. 

My sympathies Ben  :bc:  Is this your same uncle that you were once telling me about?  I have a  beautiful 60 year old Savage .308 hunting rifle from my dad, but we have no hunters in the family that I can pass it on to.  My father in law has a pretty good arsenal with the same problem.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Hopefully you went through a FFL...  sounds sketch transporting guns from Florida to Minnesota from somebody that was holding them for a family member that died and against some sort of laws. 

Fuck that why would you give the fed any info on firearms they have zero idea even exist ? I dont own 1 gun the fed knows about and I have over 20 . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

What guns? 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My fil is a big collector and was ready to thin the heard 2 years ago so he had us over (sons, grandsons, grand daughter, etc to see what we wanted before he started selling.

After that he put them in a live auction for fire arms and he says he thinks he got double what he would have gotten otherwise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My sympathies Ben  :bc:  Is this your same uncle that you were once telling me about?  I have a  beautiful 60 year old Savage .308 hunting rifle from my dad, but we have no hunters in the family that I can pass it on to.  My father in law has a pretty good arsenal with the same problem.

No that uncle is still alive. Baron also lived in Florida...he was a poor recluse who apparently had an affinity for firearm oddities lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

In the market. Post em up. 

Probably the rarest one is a Winchester model 777 in .308

probably one a few hundred in existence and maybe only a handful in the US

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, f7ben said:

Probably the rarest one is a Winchester model 777 in .308

probably one a few hundred in existence and maybe only a handful in the US

You dont have an octogon barrel winchester model 94 by any chance do you?

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

A friend from this area moved back to Mn. about 2 or 3 years ago, he has Agent Orange illness and needed to live closer to health care, anyhow he had 72 firearms for sale, still has many left, I bought 4, I have a list if anyone wants to see what's left.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

A friend from this area moved back to Mn. about 2 or 3 years ago, he has Agent Orange illness and needed to live closer to health care, anyhow he had 72 firearms for sale, still has many left, I bought 4, I have a list if anyone wants to see what's left.

Please pm it to me

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Fuck that why would you give the fed any info on firearms they have zero idea even exist ? I dont own 1 gun the fed knows about and I have over 20 . 

They know now.

• Advertising Member
22 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Pm to me too.....please.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, f7ben said:

I'd be interested in any light 12 (or 16's or 20's) Belgium Brownings.   Also be interested in any 1100 Rem's. 

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

PM me the list please.

Working on having the guy send me a recent list, 1 have somewhere here is from awhile back.

If the owner gives me permission I'll send you and Ben his e-mail addy.

Edited by XCR1250