Check your account email address ×

Artic cat 800 RR 1400 miles issues report

Rod

Just now, Rigid1 said:

My buddy definitely has a unicorn motor in his Assault, it's a 2011 I think, we keep waiting on it to pop,..fucking thing keeps on ticking though..He runs Legends oil

Some people had good luck with 6.0 powerstrokes too!

:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Anler said:

Arctic cat 800 makes it 1400 miles without issue? Yeah id say that is something to brag about! Its practically unheard of!

Cats issues have never been motor related.

Ok, I'll play.  04 F7.  Bought new.  Proper warm ups every time, APV oil only.  142 compression each side.  Just crossed 10,000 miles.  Two powervalve cleanings but never been touched.  Pistons and cylinder walls look perfect through the y-pipe.

IMG_9716.thumb.jpeg.7c7aa9bb23e8b0df4c1a81153fc9d909.jpegIMG_9714.thumb.jpeg.f8d3e2ff699767eab50d18c94f9a4f6b.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, ACE said:

It was for my new doos 

the only skidoo I ever had to crack open was a 95 mach 1 that we did a bunch of mod work to and one of the tempaflow fittings came off and seized up a piston. So not really a skidoo problem. Now if I had a nickel for all of my cat riding buddies that had problems... 

Just now, jdels said:

Ok, I'll play.  04 F7.  Bought new.  Proper warm ups every time, APV oil only.  142 compression each side.  Just crossed 10,000 miles.  Two powervalve cleanings but never been touched.  Pistons and cylinder walls look perfect through the y-pipe.

IMG_9716.thumb.jpeg.7c7aa9bb23e8b0df4c1a81153fc9d909.jpegIMG_9714.thumb.jpeg.f8d3e2ff699767eab50d18c94f9a4f6b.jpeg

No you’re ski doo can’t do that!!

1 minute ago, jdels said:

Johnny Larue had over 17,000 miles on his F7 before he got a new one. 

Just now, Anler said:

the only skidoo I ever had to crack open was a 95 mach 1 that we did a bunch of mod work to and one of the tempaflow fittings came off and seized up a piston. So not really a skidoo problem. Now if I had a nickel for all of my cat riding buddies that had problems... 

all of my doo reed twins needed engine work within 1500 miles 

• Haha 1

Just now, Anler said:

Johnny Larue had over 17,000 miles on his F7 before he got a new one. 

I'm not worthy.  That said, I don't see doing anything more than the same maintenance routine I always do and continue to run it, still pulls triple digits with ease.  Also have an 06 Sabercat 500 that will turn 10,000 this season.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Id say that is an Ace problem and not a skidoo problem LOL

No they’re junk. Not Polaris level bad but they’re pretty bad. The only company to make a durable large twin was cat

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

What happened to that crazy weenuk

He is still around. I dont talk to him but he is still riding from what I am told. He had a serious back surgery a couple years ago and was on hiatus for a while. 

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

6000 miles on 2 800 Etec's.   Total issues 2 belts (out west) and 1 plug (fall after factory "fogging" in the spring.)

Poo 2020 850.   1400 miles.  Total issues.   1 plug.

Poo 800 Indy SP.   2000 miles.   Zero issues still on stock belt. 

i put 5-6k each on 3 etec 800's. Knock on wood that this Poo i have does the same.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

i put 5-6k each on 3 etec 800's. Knock on wood that this Poo i have does the same.  

Personally I think the later year 800 Etec's are one of the most underrated snowmobile engines of all time.   Great power, great fuel/oil economy and like our experience very reliable.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Personally I think the later year 800 Etec's are one of the most underrated snowmobile engines of all time.   Great power, great fuel/oil economy and like our experience very reliable.

My 15 is not great on fuel or oil unless you putz....who does that?

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The 850 does everything better