Check your account email address ×

Snocross: 2021 Round 07/08 All Finish Concrete Snocross National, Fargo, ND 2/5-6

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I missed Friday as well.  What I saw on Saturday was Logan and a bunch of Poo & Doo.  The mighty green team needs investment badly.

And quick.  What many don't realize is that the pro and pro-lite sleds run downhill to younger racers and last year, after two years of racing on the 19's...it was slim pickings.  Shallow bench right now....I see very few talented riders on green in the sport and under class.

GET WITH IT TEXTRON!!!!

• Thanks 1

The one thing the live stream missed was Taylor Cole being set on fire (literally) when his gas cap came off his sled and turned him into a fire ball - I see alot of the posts (ridex365 and others) have been taken down - Im guessing polaris didnt care for the publicity they were getting from their racer being ricky bobby'd

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

The one thing the live stream missed was Taylor Cole being set on fire (literally) when his gas cap came off his sled and turned him into a fire ball - I see alot of the posts (ridex365 and others) have been taken down - Im guessing polaris didnt care for the publicity they were getting from their racer being ricky bobby'd

Just hearing about this now... nothing was broadcasted on live stream.

Must have been pretty dramatic, no photos to share on here or are they taboo?

35 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

sounded like they've been asked to take them down. no one got in trouble - his knee spun the cap off - theres other riders that have had that problem.

Heres the video

fire.mov

Before it was taken down I saw the RideX365 post.  Someone was making 3D printed guards I'm sure everyone will have in two weeks.  It's a shame the manufacturers have so much influence on the snowmobile industry journalists that we can't hear what is going on.

Gas caps should probably have a mechanical lock on them or be moved away from the rider.  That is a dumb spot to put a gas cap.  Where is the Cat cap, under the hood?

image.thumb.png.de4f1aafc09720c08d829b5ee656350a.png

image.thumb.png.73e81ae98efe09a6cd5b8f0a4ad58221.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

Where do I find the live stream for this. 
95752FCA-8305-4436-9920-57D8AF1B093F.thumb.png.0e28cef5dceed5b1f74985f3da77a9fc.png

that sounds like it's right up @mnstang's alley

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

ERX will most lilkely have it on their site.  They do a pretty good job.

I missed Friday's races but caught the end on Saturday.  Good track in Fargo.  Some good racing too.  Poo has really flooded the field with their machines and have some impressive up and coming racers.  Team yellow is out there in force too....with a pretty deep bench also.  Green had better get on it and get some young racers on their sleds....which are the minority on the track right now.  Taking a year off from all racing ran off much of their talent and downline of sled availability.  Hopefully they'll get ramped up for next year.

Doo & Poo have a shitload of good up and comers in their stable - hence my 'what happens when Logan retires' question.  Losing Benham was a mistake, and we all knew it but I can't blame Benham for that.

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I missed Friday as well.  What I saw on Saturday was Logan and a bunch of Poo & Doo.  The mighty green team needs investment badly.

/\ See Above /\

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

And quick.  What many don't realize is that the pro and pro-lite sleds run downhill to younger racers and last year, after two years of racing on the 19's...it was slim pickings.  Shallow bench right now....I see very few talented riders on green in the sport and under class.

GET WITH IT TEXTRON!!!!

seem to recall @fortune46x talking about some young kid that was given a fleet of sleds last year, so Poo seems to be investing in the future.  to me Pro-Lite is a real tell, and D&P both have some phenomenal Pro-Lite racers atm.   Doo seems to have the most solid lock on talent though, from Sport to Women and the Pro class.  as has been said before, true racers want to be on the best machine first and foremost.  So where is Cat lagging - in race machine tech, $ or support?    

4 hours ago, fortune46x said:

holy shit - classic Polaris. 

have also noticed the stream will not show accidents or pile ups, like the Kamm/Frank incident.

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

sounded like they've been asked to take them down. no one got in trouble - his knee spun the cap off - theres other riders that have had that problem.

Heres the video

fire.mov

there's simple ways to fix that... if ISOC approved.  \/ see below \/

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Before it was taken down I saw the RideX365 post.  Someone was making 3D printed guards I'm sure everyone will have in two weeks.  It's a shame the manufacturers have so much influence on the snowmobile industry journalists that we can't hear what is going on.

Gas caps should probably have a mechanical lock on them or be moved away from the rider.  That is a dumb spot to put a gas cap.  Where is the Cat cap, under the hood?

could they use latching caps or flush reveal caps like aircraft/bikes have?

wonder if this or something similar would work for $12 ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Screw-In-Flush-Mount-Pop-Up-Fuel-Gas-Tank-Cap-Vented-For-Harley-Black-Aluminum-/352900023860

16 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Cats is behind the right side panel. Doo's is up towards the steering post. a long way from the knees.

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that sounds like it's right up @mnstang's alley

Doo & Poo have a shitload of good up and comers in their stable - hence my 'what happens when Logan retires' question.  Losing Benham was a mistake, and we all knew it but I can't blame Benham for that.

/\ See Above /\

seem to recall @fortune46x talking about some young kid that was given a fleet of sleds last year, so Poo seems to be investing in the future.  to me Pro-Lite is a real tell, and D&P both have some phenomenal Pro-Lite racers atm.   Doo seems to have the most solid lock on talent though, from Sport to Women and the Pro class.  as has been said before, true racers want to be on the best machine first and foremost.  So where is Cat lagging - in race machine tech, $ or support?    

holy shit - classic Polaris. 

have also noticed the stream will not show accidents or pile ups, like the Kamm/Frank incident.

there's simple ways to fix that... if ISOC approved.  \/ see below \/

could they use latching caps or flush reveal caps like aircraft/bikes have?

wonder if this or something similar would work for $12 ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Screw-In-Flush-Mount-Pop-Up-Fuel-Gas-Tank-Cap-Vented-For-Harley-Black-Aluminum-/352900023860

When a transition/Junior racer is given 4 sleds its easy to see why theres so many of one brand out there.

Cat came to the table this year too late after free riders had their deals set - that plus the lack of contingency money cost them the riders. The winnings don't pay the bills its the OEM's contingency that does.

I got a call that if we still had the fuel cap (we did) that Polaris wanted it, I'm guessing you will see those filler necks covered up this next round.

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

do track workers have fire extinguishers and training? 

Every trailer has to have a fire extinguisher readily available, until now we didnt need to have them on the track but that could very well change.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Cats is behind the right side panel. Doo's is up towards the steering post. a long way from the knees.

Behind the side panel is a good spot for it.  Doo looks well out of the way and already has a built in guard.  Polaris needs to move theirs.  Either use the guard they are printing or safety wire it so it can't back off.