Jump to content

Consumer Reports - No Gas For Toyota RAV4 Prime Over 800 Miles In Testing


Recommended Posts

thats what i wanted the wife to get since she like her Toyota.  would be perfect for her,  I can't see her using gas more than once a month or so even when things return to normal.  her average day is 5-10 miles.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

thats what i wanted the wife to get since she like her Toyota.  would be perfect for her,  I can't see her using gas more than once a month or so even when things return to normal.  her average day is 5-10 miles.  

It’s a perfect type propulsion system for 90% of  passenger vehicle users. 80% of my driving is 10-20 miles per day. The remaining 20% is long distance travel. They can’t even keep these things in stock. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s a perfect type propulsion system for 90% of  passenger vehicle users. 80% of my driving is 10-20 miles per day. The remaining 20% is long distance travel. They can’t even keep these things in stock. 

Like I said - did a nationwide search on Friday - think 500 miles was the closest in stock.  45-50K which is a decent price 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Like I said - did a nationwide search on Friday - think 500 miles was the closest in stock.  45-50K which is a decent price 

For a fucking Rav 4?......you’re out of your mind. :lmao:But what else is new.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

For a fucking Rav 4?......you’re out of your mind. :lmao:But what else is new.

Toyota puts most American made shit to waste.  Have a Camry with 250K and haven’t really done a thing to it.  Looking forward to see what the new Tundra offerings are.  RAV4 or Highlander Hybrids are available.  Still kicking around what direction I’m gonna go.  Bunch of Hybrids/PHEV/Electric coming out in the next 6-12 months.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Toyota puts most American made shit to waste.  Have a Camry with 250K and haven’t really done a thing to it.  Looking forward to see what the new Tundra offerings are.  RAV4 or Highlander Hybrids are available.  Still kicking around what direction I’m gonna go.  Bunch of Hybrids/PHEV/Electric coming out in the next 6-12 months.  

You can't even figure out how to change a fucking fuse on a sled....of course you haven't done anything to it!

:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Toyota puts most American made shit to waste.  Have a Camry with 250K and haven’t really done a thing to it.  Looking forward to see what the new Tundra offerings are.  RAV4 or Highlander Hybrids are available.  Still kicking around what direction I’m gonna go.  Bunch of Hybrids/PHEV/Electric coming out in the next 6-12 months.  

I’m not disputing the fact that Toyota makes a decent vehicle. Anybody with half a brain is not dropping 45 - 50k on a small suv. That’s a horrible price for that vehicle.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

For a fucking Rav 4?......you’re out of your mind. :lmao:But what else is new.

My sister bought a new Rav 4 gasser last year for under 35k.

And yes, SR is out of his mind on just about every subject but he'll tell you you're wrong about everything, even changing a fuse.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Seems like a soul crushing bland transportation appliance. 

Perfect for the 3 Kings to ride around in jerking each other off.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Seems like a soul crushing bland transportation appliance. 

I have a 450hp beemer if I wanna thrash. That’s not what’s being discussed here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

My sister bought a new Rav 4 gasser last year for under 35k.

And yes, SR is out of his mind on just about every subject but he'll tell you you're wrong about everything, even changing a fuse.  

RAV4 prime is out of stock almost everywhere and dealers are catching premium prices. Prices will come down once supply catches demand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I’m not disputing the fact that Toyota makes a decent vehicle. Anybody with half a brain is not dropping 45 - 50k on a small suv. That’s a horrible price for that vehicle.

I’m hearing about idiots paying $70 and $80k for fucking pick up trucks 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Yeah, but they need them, to go shopping.

😂

There’s definitely a machismo weirdness about a lot of truck owners. What are they hiding? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

300hp in a small suv is not soul crushing.

In his defense, the body roll is there as well as numb steering. But for practicality, resale value, and reliability, it’s the best. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife’s 19 rav xle gasser was 28k otd sticker was 35k. I don’t think 45k is all that bad for the prime model. I mean a freaking throw away car is 20k now. People paying 17k for a damn snowmobile.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave said:

You can't even figure out how to change a fucking fuse on a sled....of course you haven't done anything to it!

:lol:

You messaged on here from the road looking for help changing a fuse on your Ford truck. You’ve owned Ford’s forever you hypocritical dumb fuck. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol

×
×
  • Create New...