Check your account email address ×

The US is building a bike trail that runs coast-to-coast across 12 states

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

This is why I avoid the east coast. To much weird shit. 

The only coast that doesn't need to be avoided because of "weird shit" and needless celebration of criminals, weirdos, parasites and freaks of nature is the gulf...and some along the SE shores.

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Boulder has the MPT for bombing the town. Or there’s access to the climb up to the mountains for some crazy mtn biking. There’s also some great trails around Red Rocks. Ride through the day and then take in a concert at the premier rock concert venue of the world. Doesn’t get much better. :) 

Full squish DH bike :rockernana:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

We run into a few that we "tolerate" because they know they aren't supposed to be there and get clear of the trails when they hear us coming.  Skiier, snowshoers, dog walkers, etc.....

But year after year...the numbers grow that don't give a fuck and keep on doing what they are doing like they aren't going to get hurt or even killed in a collision.  A reminder is the best we can do.  I know I've come real close at full flipper when passing.  

Nailed it.

There it is! Pipes/Cans save lives! I run a trail can on my sled for the safety of others. Any stock muffler users are going to kill grandma!

Just now, BobRoss said:

There it is! Pipes/Cans save lives! I run a trail can on my sled for the safety of others. Any stock muffler users are going to kill grandma!

LOL!  Well, pretty sure most sleds can be heard coming in enough time to get clear of the trail.  Loud cans can give them 45 minutes to get off the trails!  :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!  Well, pretty sure most sleds can be heard coming in enough time to get clear of the trail.  Loud cans can give them 45 minutes to get off the trails!  :lol: 

It is for those that wear headphones every damn place they go. I learned in 2020 that it is my job to ensure the safety of others because they cannot do it for themselves. 

Personally I think it should be mandated that we all run cans and braaap in all locations that might have people nearby.

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Well yay it did, they gave them unnecessary employees an extra 15$ or 600$ a week for ten weeks and made sure to include not getting evicted for non payment of rent or utilities all year so the freeloaders got all kinds of stuff.

So as soon as they cant afford their stuff any more I'm going to score a new whatever at a deep discount so they can buy more pot and a scented candle.

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’ll never own another sled. Years like this year remind me why. I do have a bike on order though. :) Should be a great year. 

What did ya get? And please, I hope you went to a local shop and not the internet??

4 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Fantastic initiative. Gravel biking has  become huge recently this will be good for tourism.  I’ve heard of a few times that people have attempted to snowmobile from coast to coast in Canada. They had wheel kits for marginal snow.   Has anyone in the states ever managed that?  

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What did ya get? And please, I hope you went to a local shop and not the internet??

Trek top fuel 9.7. I still need to pick out pedals. First new bike I’ve bought in decades. It’s from my local guy. I couldn’t find it cheaper anywhere else. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Fantastic initiative. Gravel biking has  become huge recently this will be good for tourism.  I’ve heard of a few times that people have attempted to snowmobile from coast to coast in Canada. They had wheel kits for marginal snow.   Has anyone in the states ever managed that?  

Why...on Earth....would anybody want to do that?  I don't know if anybody here has done it but, by all means, add it to the list of your countries accomplishments...right after having you as one of it's prized citizens.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why...on Earth....would anybody want to do that?  I don't know if anybody here has done it but, by all means, add it to the list of your countries accomplishments...right after having you as one of it's prized citizens.

Of course you’d never want to sled across the country. You wet the bed when you have to sleep away from home. 

24 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Trek top fuel 9.7. I still need to pick out pedals. First new bike I’ve bought in decades. It’s from my local guy. I couldn’t find it cheaper anywhere else. 

Nice bike!! And kudos for shopping local!

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Any warning is to much imho cant wait till the electric sleds just so more fat tire bikers get killed trespassing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Nice bike!! And kudos for shopping local!

For the most part local retailers will price match. Both bike shops are expanding in town. They’ve had three good years. This year was their best ever. I like to hear that. It tells me people are taking to the streets and trials for some outdoor activities. A lot of their sales has been to younger people. It’s sure better than sitting in the house playing video games like a fucking house plant. I think one aspect is the expansion of some local bike trails, a bmx track, and downhill course. 

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Any warning is to much imho cant wait till the electric sleds just so more fat tire bikers get killed trespassing 

The bicycles got together and had a public hearing years ago to close a section of trails to snowmobiles and they did. Thing is they wanted the club to continue to groom that section of forest, club said No Way. 

No so shit they held another hearing to demand the snowmobile club groom the trails and were appalled when the DCR told them they could not force a private snowmobile club to groom for them. So then they wanted to apply for a grant like the sled clubs do to get grooming equipment and reimbursement for grooming miles just like the sled do and again were told they cannot sue a private club into paying for their trail grooming and equipment. 
At best on a good day a bicycle pays 5.75% sales tax one time. If they buy it on line the state gets nothing but the bicycle riders want trails and maintenance all at no expense to them. Now they all want a E-Bike and the state said it's a OHRV get it registered and off the bike paths and trails now that's funny. Biggest bandits on the trails and I have no use for them.

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

For the most part local retailers will price match. Both bike shops are expanding in town. They’ve had three good years. This year was their best ever. I like to hear that. It tells me people are taking to the streets and trials for some outdoor activities. A lot of their sales has been to younger people. It’s sure better than sitting in the house playing video games like a fucking house plant. I think one aspect is the expansion of some local bike trails, a bmx track, and downhill course. 

It's the gym closures that that boosted this year's sales to record #'s in the cycling industry 10 fold, sales and service were all records this year,..it's a shame that most mainstream mfgs have out sourced their manufacturing to China.. Thankfully there are still some boutique brands that want to build a quality product and are not greedy and still build in the USA, Canada, and Europe..looking at quality rather than profits..But good bike for you enjoy

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

It's the gym closures that that boosted this year's sales to record #'s in the cycling industry 10 fold, sales and service were all records this year,..it's a shame that most mainstream mfgs have out sourced their manufacturing to China.. Thankfully there are still some boutique brands that want to build a quality product and are not greedy and still build in the USA, Canada, and Europe..looking at quality rather than profits..But good bike for you enjoy

I recently bought a made in the USA blender that retails for almost $600. A Chinese counterpart goes for $125. I can only imagine what a bicycle made in the USA would cost. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I recently bought a made in the USA blender that retails for almost $600. A Chinese counterpart goes for $125. I can only imagine what a bicycle made in the USA would cost. 

A ninja is not a vita mix not even close the ninja will be in the garbage long long before your blender. 

I have both 

26 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

there's a few made in Canada bike companies left. These guys make a good product competitively priced:

https://www.devinci.com/en/

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

there's a few made in Canada bike companies left. These guys make a good product competitively priced:

https://www.devinci.com/en/

I rode for Banshee bikes out of BC when they were first getting started early 2000's, still have the pics from when I got my bikes from them. .Made in BC..:bc:

p3pb478169.jpg

p3pb366471.jpg

p3pb237642.jpg

p3pb342354.jpg

• Like 1