Check your account email address ×

Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

It has front door, inside the open to the outdoor frt shelter area. There are sevetal buildings in NH that are chained down. More famous one is on top of Mt Washington, NH.

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Drove up to north shore last night for 1 last Dimond pounder day . Just drove by @Zambroskiinfamous sled totalling  Culver's on my way home 

20210312_123531.jpg

How far did you have to go?  I thought about going to Grand Portage yesterday and riding around there for the weekend, just decided to call this year a wash and hang up the helmet for the year instead.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

How far did you have to go?  I thought about going to Grand Portage yesterday and riding around there for the weekend, just decided to call this year a wash and hang up the helmet for the year instead.

Road out of Finland.  It was acctualy real good . They ran a drag over night on the state trail.  It was 11 in the am so trail was rock hard till mid afternoon.  Then started to go down hill fast . Went from Finland to the hungery jack then over to the tressel. Back to tressel it was getting sort of bad . So from tressel back to Finland we hit the unplowed roads and shocking we were first tracks on most of them . But if you are not there now it is to late 

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Got to love the stickers people put on their sleds back in the day.

PXL_20210306_162355343[1].jpg

I have a hand full of the old school patches I pulled off gramps  and some garage sale coats over the yrs . One of these days when I get a new coat and find a seamstress at the same time I will be styling 

Today is better than expected. Ft kent and followed the border through madawaska van buren and limestone and then headed back and sitting at Lakeview having a late lunch.  Took the pro s today I wanted a windshield and it has studs and scratchers 

Won't get the miles I expectes this weekend but overall a good trail season ender.  Want an offtrail day to finish the season 

PXL_20210313_182855113.jpg

• Like 2

Lol ginger, cuz and his kids rented a house for the month straight in frt of the lakeview, by the lake, pretty much. All Polaris’s. They are there now. Good peeps and great riders.

Edited by CFM

Kept getting deeper further we got up. Easy 3-4 ft at the cabin. Prob there is you barely could walk on top of crusted areas but about every other step you fell thru, which kept worrying you that a knee or leg would snap. Lol.

Yeh, crossed some real rocky water bars, but we timed it about right. Next day the water bars really opened up, and any earlier in season snow would have been deeper and softer, making it a ton more difficult to get up there. 

Definitely a bucket list. Good chance my  only time there, but the view at the cabin looking up to rest of Mt Chocorua in the snow was as beautiful of a scene you can get. Spent an hr sitting on sled (was really warm , but windy, staring at it while fueling the body back up.

edit: I have a 121 and a 128. I went with my lighter 128 600. Don’t see myself ever getting anything longer than a 136. This trail really needs longer tracks. 144” +. Certain sections are steep. I’m sure certain times will get windrifts bad. One section, well, you’ll see. Lololol

Edited by CFM

Btw, for people reading above, this trail is not really a snowmobile trail. It is more a hiking trail they allow snowmobiles on. Here is a pic of me on a mellow section just to put in perspective the size of this trail. Lol. 

C494B250-C893-4E95-B5C4-8B6701E22889.jpeg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CFM said:

Btw, for people reading above, this trail is not really a snowmobile trail. It is more a hiking trail they allow snowmobiles on. Here is a pic of me on a mellow section just to put in perspective the size of this trail. Lol. 

C494B250-C893-4E95-B5C4-8B6701E22889.jpeg

The rocky streams were what I thought might be the toughest to get through. Just before you get to the cabin can also get some big drifts on a sidehill that can require a shovel, lol.

I went up once with the man that built that trail system, David Bowles. He was in his 70's at the time. He was leading a club ride up the mountain. He and his son Jim did both the Billed trail to the Kanc and the Liberty Trial to the cabin every year to clear the blow downs, and to show the Forrest service that it's still being used.

Anyway, when we got to the cabin there was 6 or 7 guys staying at the cabin. They did it every year on that weekend. They had a small wood stove that they had packed in. They did not like that snowmobiles were allowed to ride up to the cabin. They were drinking and started getting vocal about it and mouthing off. They were politely told that part of the trail that they walked up on was created by a snowmobiler, Dave Bowles. Years ago Dave had cut the snowmobile trail to the cabin. Parts of the hiking trail didn't work for sleds so Dave cut a separate trail. The Forrest service later abandoned parts of their trail and used the snowmobile trail. They settled down a bit and we left. 

The next day Dave Bowles went back up the mountain to bring down one of the hikers that had broken a leg.

A few weeks later the club got a nice letter, a membership application and a donation from the injured hiker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great info, thanks.

That must have been something with those guys up there for sure. Lol.

I know about Bowles and the Forest Service. His son still does the trail. Very cool stuff, fir sure. :thunbs

• Like 1

Lol, i blew a belt going up on that side hill just  before the cabin. Weather was good thank god. Too steep for hood to stay up, kneeling down only my knees where on trail part, my legs overhung the abyss, and having to keep emergency brake on made it real difficult to get the belt around secondary.  Would have supersucked cold/windy/deeper snow/etc.

I needed wider skis and longer track for that section, for sure. Was deep loose sugary snow there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CFM said:

Great info, thanks.

That must have been something with those guys up there for sure. Lol.

I know about Bowles and the Forest Service. His son still does the trail. Very cool stuff, fir sure. :thunbs

Good to hear that Jim is carrying on the tradition. :thumbsup:

It's funny that you mentioned OVSC trails. I just got a text from a buddy. I guess George is ready to step back from President and my buddy will be taking over.

@Angry ginger

You should be ashamed of yourself for not making it to the cabin..... Both Debitetto brothers have done it :news:

But Jim did have to help pull John up a few of the toughest sections,. LOL

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CFM said:

Lol ginger, cuz and his kids rented a house for the month straight in frt of the lakeview, by the lake, pretty much. All Polaris’s. They are there now. Good peeps and great riders.

lake looked rough Saturday after the meltdown.   Outside the long ass drive it's such a great area to ride in.  

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Good to hear that Jim is carrying on the tradition. :thumbsup:

It's funny that you mentioned OVSC trails. I just got a text from a buddy. I guess George is ready to step back from President and my buddy will be taking over.

@Angry ginger

You should be ashamed of yourself for not making it to the cabin..... Both Debitetto brothers have done it :news:

But Jim did have to help pull John up a few of the toughest sections,. LOL

shit now i might have to ride dirty and head up there.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

lake looked rough Saturday after the meltdown.   Outside the long ass drive it's such a great area to ride in.  

shit now i might have to ride dirty and head up there.  

John even had Crissy on back of his touring two up. Cute girl if she wasn't cross-eyed  :lol:

Just talked to Barry, he got out 3 times this year. Mike Davis and a few other locals went with Jim a week or two ago and broke out the Bolles trail to the Kanc. They just recently did the trail to Flat Mt Pond too. I guess Mike has turned in to an off trail type rider. At least the guy is big enough to dig himself out.....fucking gorilla :lol:

I guess George is still fighting the C. Skip is going to step up and become President. George is going to step back and help Barry with the equipment.

On 3/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, Angry ginger said:

Today is better than expected. Ft kent and followed the border through madawaska van buren and limestone and then headed back and sitting at Lakeview having a late lunch.  Took the pro s today I wanted a windshield and it has studs and scratchers 

Won't get the miles I expectes this weekend but overall a good trail season ender.  Want an offtrail day to finish the season 

PXL_20210313_182855113.jpg

So fly out west and rent for 2 days 

55 minutes ago, ckf said:

He can't afford it :news:

true i am just a poor white boy.  thankfully biden is sending me $5600 this week to pay for my new trailer.  thanks to all the ballers here getting nothing for helping support my toy addiction.  

• Haha 1