Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 3/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, Angry ginger said:

I went through a bunch of years where my sons basketball limited the end of the season to early to mid march but before that I was always up for an early or late season ride even if it was a 3 1/2 hour drive each way for a day trip.  

I did that every wednesday this winter to ride VT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

5.5 each way to Jackman from CT.  And thats hauling.  6-6.5 with traffic  :snack: 

I hope you do at least 3 day weekends with that drive, 4 would be better  :bc:

47 minutes ago, ckf said:

he and his brother are both hardcore,  I've seen them many times do it for a day to a day and a half riding.  I'm 3:15 from Jackman and only one year did that wear on me but doing another few hours would wear for sure.  the ride back from Ft Kent a few weeks back seemed like it took forever

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

he and his brother are both hardcore,  I've seen them many times do it for a day to a day and a half riding.  I'm 3:15 from Jackman and only one year did that wear on me but doing another few hours would wear for sure.  the ride back from Ft Kent a few weeks back seemed like it took forever

Saturday night to Tuesday worked perfectly at the Begals Nest. :bc:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Tried to as much as possible this winter.  Brothers work schedule got shitty because of a title change so several solo burns up this season for both of us.  :bc: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

Saturday night to Tuesday worked perfectly at the Begals Nest. :bc:

yes it did.   in Jackman i always tried to be up Thursday night or at worst mid afternoon Friday.  One year Perm and I must have rode half the Friday which was nice.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ckf said:

That's committed :bc:
Did you ride central VT at all?

Not really , Champlaign vally ( addison county ) was the furthest south. Most of the time we left out of Glover. Then headed north or northwest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Back in 05 I blew a crank out of an 800 poo in Ft Kent. Thumbed to Sherman . Drove to Ft. Kent picked up sled . Then drove home. Sucked.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Thought the kids down the road where I am putting my new house were just crazy kids with deep pockets but I guess the pockets are real deep 

20210402_145547.jpg

20210402_145549.jpg

Screenshot_20210402-204433_Messages.jpg

I think they own a trucking company. 

Not sure how many they run but I don't think it is much more then a dozen or so.

24 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I think they own a trucking company. 

Not sure how many they run but I don't think it is much more then a dozen or so.

Don't know he has a big ass poll barn that holds 4 and a few in the yard most of the time . I have watched the kids on there track on sleds and bikes just did not know he got real factory money 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, Angry ginger said:

ya 6hrs each way for a day and a half is serious dedication.  i know i cant make jackman in under 5.5 and im an hour closer than either of them..?   Fort kent and Virginia beach are the same drive times from here for some perspective on that place. it DOES take foreva!                                  

• Like 1

Damn...if a guy wants a halfway decent enclosed trailer he needs to move fast. They show up on Marketplace and disappear hours later. Guessing I’ll just order a new one.🤔

21 hours ago, old indy said:

ya 6hrs each way for a day and a half is serious dedication.  i know i cant make jackman in under 5.5 and im an hour closer than either of them..?   Fort kent and Virginia beach are the same drive times from here for some perspective on that place. it DOES take foreva!                                  

In fairness, thats not dragging a trailer, and preferably in a high speed German commuter  :lol:  :bc: 

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2021 at 8:57 PM, Ez ryder said:

Thought the kids down the road where I am putting my new house were just crazy kids with deep pockets but I guess the pockets are real deep 

20210402_145547.jpg

20210402_145549.jpg

I'd love to do that.  It's on my list.  I ignorantly asked the MN Environmental Gestapo for some advice on a parcel and let them know my plans and, well....they squashed my dream....and the property I was going to build it on.  I heard they are now building a Mosque on it with a BLM picnic area including a rioting training city block.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn...if a guy wants a halfway decent enclosed trailer he needs to move fast. They show up on Marketplace and disappear hours later. Guessing I’ll just order a new one.🤔

everything decent sells quick,  its why i jumped on mine within hours of it posted.  Have to pay a bit more than one would think as well but the same when selling so it's worked out ok.  it was nice when i summerized yesterday to do it in something i could stand up in and move around even with my buddies sled still in there.   

It's not just trailers,  yesterday my buddy had to make a decision on a side by side in minutes because if he didn't pull the trigger getting one before august was going to be hard.   I've never paid sticker for a toy but he had no choice.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

everything decent sells quick,  its why i jumped on mine within hours of it posted.  Have to pay a bit more than one would think as well but the same when selling so it's worked out ok.  it was nice when i summerized yesterday to do it in something i could stand up in and move around even with my buddies sled still in there.   

It's not just trailers,  yesterday my buddy had to make a decision on a side by side in minutes because if he didn't pull the trigger getting one before august was going to be hard.   I've never paid sticker for a toy but he had no choice.  

So, no more "beaner wagon" for you then?

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'd love to do that.  It's on my list.  I ignorantly asked the MN Environmental Gestapo for some advice on a parcel and let them know my plans and, well....they squashed my dream....and the property I was going to build it on.  I heard they are now building a Mosque on it with a BLM picnic area including a rioting training city block.

Autonomous practice zones are hard to come by these days.