Check your account email address ×

'Nightmare': Record number of COVID-19 deaths, hospitalizations and cases in Wisconsin on Tuesday

Don't worry.  Got a friend who is in the know.  Lots of bull being peddled.  Not that I wish this on anyone, but testing someone for covid that died as a result of a car accident is crap.  And that is the type of stuff that is happening.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Don't worry.  Got a friend who is in the know.  Lots of bull being peddled.  Not that I wish this on anyone, but testing someone for covid that died as a result of a car accident is crap.  And that is the type of stuff that is happening.

🤣🤣

31 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Good ol media wording

Pubic Beard spills a bedpan full of steaming liquid shit all over his fresh scrubs, again.....

Dr. Ryan Westergaard, Chief Medical Officer for the DHS' Bureau of Communicable Diseases, called Tuesday's numbers a "nightmare,"

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

:lol: 

Let me help you fellas out.

“If COVID–19 played a role in the death, this condition should be specified on the death certificate. In many cases, it is likely that it will be the [underlying cause of death], as it can lead to various life-threatening conditions, such as pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS),” the guidance says. “In these cases, COVID-19 should be reported on the lowest line used in Part I with the other conditions to which it gave rise listed on the lines above it.”

The CDC advises that officials should report deaths in which the patient tested positive for COVID-19 — or, if a test isn’t available, “if the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty.” It further indicates that if a “definitive diagnosis cannot be made … but it is suspected or likely … it is acceptable to report COVID-19 on a death certificate as ‘probable’ or ‘presumed.'”

Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said during an April 7 press conference that “if someone dies with COVID-19, we are counting that as a COVID-19 death.”

Marc Lipsitch, a professor of epidemiology at Harvard University, told us in an email: “There are going to be some people who die of something else, happen to have COVID and get tested, and get counted as COVID deaths but would die anyway.

11 hours ago, racer254 said:

Wife's daughter in law is an RN at a hospital, she has said the same thing, even if you die from any cause but you tested positive for Covid, doesn't matter if you are ill from it at all, it's called death from Covid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Wife's daughter in law is an RN at a hospital, she has said the same thing, even if you die from any cause but you tested positive for Covid, doesn't matter if you are ill from it at all, it's called death from Covid.

Yeah, my friend owns multiple funeral homes.  It's amazing what they are classifying as a covid death.

43 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

The cdc flat out says only 6% of those who have died that are labeled covid died strictly of covid.  

10 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The cdc flat out says only 6% of those who have died that are labeled covid died strictly of covid.  

Right.... People with preexisting conditions are at risk. Unfortunately the number of people in the US with preexisting conditions are staggering.

Without COVID many of those people would still be alive. A lesser amount would have dies for sure.

I am not saying to shut everything down, but take simple basic precautions to helps vulnerable people.

1 minute ago, MILFMAN said:

Right.... People with preexisting conditions are at risk. Unfortunately the number of people in the US with preexisting conditions are staggering.

Without COVID many of those people would still be alive. A lesser amount would have dies for sure.

I am not saying to shut everything down, but take simple basic precautions to helps vulnerable people.

Well said...if not for Covid 19 they would still be alive and a funeral director isn’t a doctor but apparently that is racers “friend in the know”🤣🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

13 hours ago, spin_dry said:

In the Northwoods the past few days.   Hardly anyone is wearing masks and plenty of people sitting close together in bars.

4 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

Not True!! Those people died of something else not covid. The cdc just said 130k should’ve been labeled The flu or pneumonia. 

in 2010 when H1N1 was happening had they labeled deaths the way they label them today H1N1 would’ve has 200k plus deaths too. 

6 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

Lots of places taking the "precautions" and still have rising rates.   In fact a much higher percentage of positive tests are from people who say they constantly wear masks.

No stopping this even with a vaccine.  Needs to run its course and we can't ruin the economy and society in general over it. 

Fact is it could be with us year after year now just like the flu.   Get yourself as healthy as you can.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

In the Northwoods the past few days.   Hardly anyone is wearing masks and plenty of people sitting close together in bars.

Mask clearly make this worse. Wash your hands and stop touching your face. That's the key

Just now, jtssrx said:

Mask clearly make this worse. Wash your hands and stop touching your face. That's the key

There is data from the CDC that sure make that look like the case. 

• Like 1