Check your account email address ×

Done deal for trumps latest Supreme Court pick!

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:news:

you can bet the next time the dems put forth a candidate there will be claims of backroom dealing but when the pubs nominate someone they are as pure as the winter snow.  

Of course and at the end of the day none of this is about high lofty judicial principles rather it’s about money and pushing political agendas. 

5632C74B-8489-49C9-B239-70EBF0A50414.jpeg.8acf1c8d1d92cf8c14ddad515218422f.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Checks and Balances are a farce and you make my point...these candidates aren’t plucked off the street rather they are sought out and pushed by special interests. There is also the issue of the Justice Kennedy’s sudden retirement.

Oh, so you're saying they're chosen because they're biased,  fascinating.  What evidence do you have that suggests thats even remotely true?  Trump wanted an originalist, hardly a radical concept.

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh, so you're saying they're chosen because they're biased,  fascinating.  What evidence do you have that suggests thats even remotely true?  Trump wanted an originalist, hardly a radical concept.

Senator Whitehouse did a presentation during her confirmation hearings outlining the dark money behind these selections which I posted...watch it if you want (I know you won’t) but to think that these selections and proceedings are not driven by money and politics is naive. IMO it’s all very plausible. 
BTW this isn’t limited to one side but in this case it’s the right obviously.

https://theintercept.com/2020/10/24/amy-coney-barrett-women-group-dark-money/

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

22 minutes ago, irv said:

You’re a retired Canadian wrapped up in arguing as a Trump Toadie on a sled forum leading up to an election you can’t vote in...yeah...pure genius! 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think it’s plausible...what is your opinion? 

I think the Judicial branch is our last bastion of intellectual honesty and morality.  There are some outliers on the left and right but for the vast majority I think its the last branch of government where we get quality people.  From the Federal level to the State Supreme courts they just seem better.

Conversely, the legislative and executive branches have the least and people with ethics, honesty, and morality are the outliers.  These two branches feel like they've become used car salesmen and that is an insult to car salesmen.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Senator Whitehouse did a presentation during her confirmation hearings outlining the dark money behind these selections which I posted...watch it if you want (I know you won’t) but to think that these selections and proceedings are not driven by money and politics is naive. IMO it’s all very plausible. 
BTW this isn’t limited to one side but in this case it’s the right obviously.

https://theintercept.com/2020/10/24/amy-coney-barrett-women-group-dark-money/

I watched it when he gave his little presentation.  BFD.  What do you think it means?  Conservative, originalist.  Thats what Trump wanted, and what he got.  How she got there, is on merit.  Interpret the law as it is written, not to fit an idealogical agenda.  If Democrats start winning arguments on the merits, maybe some day they'll get to appoint their own SC justices.  Given how they've behaved the past 4 years, I don't see that happening for a while.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You’re a retired Canadian wrapped up in arguing as a Trump Toadie on a sled forum leading up to an election you can’t vote in...yeah...pure genius! 🤣🤣

And you're the loser, who, despite being laughed at by 95% of the membership here, keeps coming back for more. :crazy: Sorry I wasn't around to help you celebrate your 50,000th post, over 300 ago, but because I'm sure that was a huge, tremendous day for you, here's to it. :bc: 

• Like 1

Biden and the democrats in the senate and house are bought and paid for. Not sure how anybody can dispute that.

Trump (although some argue he's less bought than others) and the republicans in the senate and house are bought and paid. Cant dispute that either. 

Been like this for so many years, decades. 

How can anyone reasonably expect the SC not to be bought and paid for. 

I dont have any fuckin links, don care. Just my opinion. They are all bought, every fucking one of them. If they weren't they'd be dead. 

3 minutes ago, Legend said:

Biden and the democrats in the senate and house are bought and paid for. Not sure how anybody can dispute that.

Trump (although some argue he's less bought than others) and the republicans in the senate and house are bought and paid. Cant dispute that either. 

Been like this for so many years, decades. 

How can anyone reasonably expect the SC not to be bought and paid for. 

I dont have any fuckin links, don care. Just my opinion. They are all bought, every fucking one of them. If they weren't they'd be dead. 

no woolie says pubs good dems bad and your a moron if you believe otherwise.  

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I watched it when he gave his little presentation.  BFD.  What do you think it means?  Conservative, originalist.  Thats what Trump wanted, and what he got.  How she got there, is on merit.  Interpret the law as it is written, not to fit an idealogical agenda.  If Democrats start winning arguments on the merits, maybe some day they'll get to appoint their own SC justices.  Given how they've behaved the past 4 years, I don't see that happening for a while.  

About what I expected.

1 hour ago, irv said:

And you're the loser, who, despite being laughed at by 95% of the membership here, keeps coming back for more. :crazy: Sorry I wasn't around to help you celebrate your 50,000th post, over 300 ago, but because I'm sure that was a huge, tremendous day for you, here's to it. :bc: 

Oh gee Irv is that why you come here...to go along with everybody...do you really need the pats on the head that badly? Damn dude I feel for ya! 🤣🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, F3600 said:

I think the Judicial branch is our last bastion of intellectual honesty and morality.  There are some outliers on the left and right but for the vast majority I think its the last branch of government where we get quality people.  From the Federal level to the State Supreme courts they just seem better.

Conversely, the legislative and executive branches have the least and people with ethics, honesty, and morality are the outliers.  These two branches feel like they've become used car salesmen and that is an insult to car salesmen.

Right but who selects and confirms the judges and why are they chosen? Sure Woolie the phony conservative can bloviate about about a bunch of principles that he doesn’t follow but at the end of the day follow the dough.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right but who selects and confirms the judges and why are they chosen? Sure Woolie the phony conservative can bloviate about about a bunch of principles that he doesn’t follow but at the end of the day follow the dough.

I bet when you put syrup on pancakes you spell out "MW".... :LOL:

6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

:news:

you can bet the next time the dems put forth a candidate there will be claims of backroom dealing but when the pubs nominate someone they are as pure as the winter snow.  

The dems have the best cries.

Believe me.

Edited by Snake

22 hours ago, Mainecat said:

11 Justices coming up

Then next election do we get to have 13 after the next election and so on until there are more justices than cases brought to the court every year . But yeah butt hurt noted fucking hacks 

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

About what I expected.

I gave you my opinion and interpretation of how I see her appointment, and asked for yours.  You didn't give one because you don't have one, and are just more interested in insulting people and riding pant legs.  Plus you're just dumb.

I have more character and principles in my stool than you do Smales.

Oh gee Irv is that why you come here...to go along with everybody...do you really need the pats on the head that badly? Damn dude I feel for ya! 🤣🤣