Check your account email address ×

Talk about a missed opportunity.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm still waiting patiently for the WHO, CDC, Fauci and the administration (yes Trump too) to come out and talk about making or keeping yourself as healthy as possible thru diet, exercise and getting the proper vitamin intake thru whatever to help fight off ALL INFECTIONS much less heart disease and anything else that can be lifestyle related.   The problem in America is you can't do that because hardly anyone wants to look in the mirror and say something might be part or mostly their own fault.  Being a pretty bad asthmatic until my early 30's I was concerned early on.   Completely changed my lifestyle, starting working out and lost some weight and got my blood pressure down significantly.   Now I'm in the best shape I've been in over a decade and have little concern if I get COVID.   I think in most cases the idea of never letting a crisis go to waste is political propaganda.....it wouldn't have been with this for people taking their own health serious thru their OWN ACTIONS.    

Its likely because of restrictions in lifestyle we are more unhealthy as a country right now than we were when it started. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

This is why the Asian countries are kicking COVID-19 so easily and can't figure out why we can't do the same. 

Asian mentality: how can I best take care of the things I control to help myself and society succeed? 

Western mentality: fuck you. I'm thick but healthy. It's not my problem to solve. When's the president gonna make the virus go away? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

This is why the Asian countries are kicking COVID-19 so easily and can't figure out why we can't do the same. 

Asian mentality: how can I best take care of the things I control to help myself and society succeed? 

Western mentality: fuck you. I'm thick but healthy. It's not my problem to solve. When's the president gonna make the virus go away? 

Yep, tell me what to do except anything that might hurt my feelings because it makes me look at my failings. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It’s a double edged sword. Something that makes america so cool is we’re rebels. Highly individualistic. The “don’t tell me how to live” attitude is strong. Asian countries are more Borglike. The “collective” approach. They follow the rules. Both societies have their plus and minuses. Even with all America’s faults, it’s messy and fucked up.....I like it. 

44 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s a double edged sword. Something that makes america so cool is we’re rebels. Highly individualistic. The “don’t tell me how to live” attitude is strong. Asian countries are more Borglike. The “collective” approach. They follow the rules. Both societies have their plus and minuses. Even with all America’s faults, it’s messy and fucked up.....I like it. 

Well said...the Asian attitude and model will never work here.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well said...the Asian attitude and model will never work here.

That drunk of a Winston Churchill said it best. Americans will always do the right thing, only after they have tried everything else. I don’t think truer words have ever been used to describe America’s decision making on either domestic or international matters. 

Edited by spin_dry

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

All one has to do is look at the lifestyle and attitudinal habits of trump to see what America is all about and why the infection rate is higher here than anywhere else. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

:lol:   To paraphrase.

First post.   Its Trumpers fault.

Second post.  We're all like that and I like it.....but I still hate Trump and his supporters.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Roosting said:

Well when everything that comes out of spin is a lie, sometimes thing get mixed up 

Those two back to back posts are fucking priceless.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   To paraphrase.

First post.   Its Trumpers fault.

Second post.  We're all like that and I like it.....but I still hate Trump and his supporters.    

Not at all. I find that there’s many Americans that can and are mindful of the well being of others. Trump and many of his followers simply aren’t. They don’t give a shit how their behavior effects others. Just look at the amount of trump’s circle that were knocked out of action because of the spread of covid and the attitude of “who cares”. 

• Like 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

Not at all. I find that there’s many Americans that can and are mindful of the well being of others. Trump and many of his followers simply aren’t. They don’t give a shit how their behavior effects others. Just look at the amount of trump’s circle that were knocked out of action because of the spread of covid and the attitude of “who cares”. 

:lol:  

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

seems that was one of the few things they were spot on about.  

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

go fuck your self . You are placing your issues on others. Knocked out of action lmfao sort of like the loving caring hand of pole line oh i don't know the goveners of MN NY CA Pensilvania NJ  those sort of caring people who are just looking out for the best interest of the people around them . Or the people like nancy who encouraged people not to be afraid of the virus and come down to china town dont be a zinaphobe.  Such a fucking hack with blinders on 10 feet long that never come off