Check your account email address ×

How is it not hypocritical to push thorugh an SC nominee right before an election after block Obama?

Wildboer

You people saying "the people should have a voice" need to remember that until the 17th amendment, even Senators were not elected.  The founders intentionally set it up so that state legislatures would appoint senators rather than having them voted in by popular election.

It was never the idea for the electorate to have anything even close to direct influence over who sits on the court.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Matt said:

You people saying "the people should have a voice" need to remember that until the 17th amendment, even Senators were not elected.  The founders intentionally set it up so that state legislatures would appoint senators rather than having them voted in by popular election.

It was never the idea for the electorate to have anything even close to direct influence over who sits on the court.

The “you people” includes many Republican Senators who are on video saying that the American People should have a voice in this...the fact that they now say otherwise notwithstanding.👍🏼🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The “you people” includes many Republican Senators who are on video saying that the American People should have a voice in this...the fact that they now say otherwise notwithstanding.👍🏼🇺🇸

Stop your whining.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You act surprised that politicians talk out both sides of their mouths. Like the "party of science" that blames climate change instead of their abysmal forest management laws for the destruction out West... Or says there are infinite genders... 🤣 

They're all full of shit 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Jesus....move on already.  She's gonna get confirmed and none of your bitching and pointing fingers is going to change that.

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Jesus....move on already.  She's gonna get confirmed and none of your bitching and pointing fingers is going to change that.

Haha...you fuckers still bring up and bitch about Obama but I should move on from something that hasn’t even happened yet...priceless!🤣

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

You act surprised that politicians talk out both sides of their mouths. Like the "party of science" that blames climate change instead of their abysmal forest management laws for the destruction out West... Or says there are infinite genders... 🤣 

They're all full of shit 

I understand they are full of shit and apparently you do as well....we are the minority around here.👍🏼🇺🇸

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I understand they are full of shit and apparently you do as well....we are the minority around here.👍🏼🇺🇸

You understand that politicians are full of shit, but you want to elect a 40+ year one for POTUS.  Yeah, you are a special kind of.....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

They're all full of shit 

First thing i was thinking when MC was posting his latest anti trump thread was protecting these forests have fucked up all sorts of things that would keep these burns down.  

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

You understand that politicians are full of shit, but you want to elect a 40+ year one for POTUS.  Yeah, you are a special kind of.....

Nice try shitbird...I’m voting for Jo Jorgenson.

17D4A4AF-5B0F-4A40-8C74-21CE1B202849.jpeg.5d7c89f277b1ab5f62b94afa280142e0.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You'll be dead for a long time before the 2 party system is abolished but you'll stroke yourself off 2 seconds after you vote 3rd party believing you're a mover and a shaker......good luck.:lol:

41 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You'll be dead for a long time before the 2 party system is abolished but you'll stroke yourself off 2 seconds after you vote 3rd party believing you're a mover and a shaker......good luck.:lol:

Here you go folks....dumbfuck attitudes like this are why we are stuck with a shitty  two party system. Just pull the lever for Trump, put your “I voted” sticker on your 4XL shirt and head down to the local choke and puke and gorge on cords and brats!!!!🤣🤣

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Here you go folks....dumbfuck attitudes like this are why we are stuck with a shitty  two party system. Just pull the lever for Trump, put your “I voted” sticker on your 4XL shirt and head down to the local choke and puke and gorge on cords and brats!!!!🤣🤣

How many times have you voted 3rd party in the presidential election over the years that you have voted?

I have never done it

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

How many times have you voted 3rd party in the presidential election over the years that you have voted?

I have never done it

I voted for Ross Perot.  But started to realize then that the electoral college is not very likely to give their votes to someone that is not either a dem or rep.

10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I voted for Ross Perot.  But started to realize then that the electoral college is not very likely to give their votes to someone that is not either a dem or rep.

I liked him, was before my voting time. I believe my dad voted for him back then..He was a business man from texas right? Little guy if I remember correctly

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I liked him, was before my voting time. I believe my dad voted for him back then..He was a business man from texas right? Little guy if I remember correctly

Yep, he was going to fix the deficit.  And I believe he could have done it as he was a very shrewd and smart with business and money.  But not a good politician.  LOL

Edited by racer254

6 hours ago, racer254 said:

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

Sure you are.  LOL

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

oh!  Well!  I guess you showed him!

speaking of feebs......  :lol: 

Yeah I pretty much did Mr. Faux Conservative.