Check your account email address ×

Ammo prices

f7ben

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It is, but because of legal aspects, I wouldn’t CC the 10mm. There’s some judicial precedents established against the 10mm round that should be considered. 

What do you mean?

I love my 10, it’s my bedside piece. Carry is a glock 30s, double stack .45.

35 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

What do you mean?

I love my 10, it’s my bedside piece. Carry is a glock 30s, double stack .45.

There was a lawsuit a few years ago where the assailant was struck by a 10mm round. Apparently the courts felt it was excessive to use such a weapon. The FBI was going to adopt the 10mm but found the round excessive for law enforcement. I guess they didn’t want photos of people that agents shot almost blown in half. The recoil was also a little too much for some agents. Anyway, apparently the FBI and the courts though that there were better rounds other than those that turn a would-be assailant into cole slaw. :lol2:

• Confused 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 9/13/2020 at 9:21 AM, spin_dry said:

It’s pretty ridiculous. Ammo was cheap under Obama. 

I was big into IDPA pistol competition back then and I remember it a bit different. 9mm 22lr and 556 were impossible to find. And when you did, it was overpriced 

1 minute ago, Shifty said:

I was big into IDPA pistol competition back then and I remember it a bit different. 9mm 22lr and 556 were impossible to find. And when you did, it was overpriced 

WTF was the deal with .22LR? Youre right, impossible to find. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

WTF was the deal with .22LR? Youre right, impossible to find. 

It is made on the same line as 233. And the demand for 223 was so great that didn't want to shut down the line for 223 to make the less profitable 22

Just now, steve from amherst said:

It is made on the same line as 233. And the demand for 223 was so great that didn't want to shut down the line for 223 to make the less profitable 22

Thats a better answer than what my BIL told me. :lol: 

Guns shows just before Obama took office were ridiculously busy. People with hand carts full with cases of .223 / 5.56. After Obama got in even the conglomerate I worked for who also owned an ammo supplier, we couldn't even get .22 or 9mm. Occasionaly .380 and .45

Wow, prices on ammo have really gone crazy. Surfed through a couple of sites last night, gone through through the roof. 

All PANIC BUYING, I bet. 

Thing is, if you need more than a handful of rounds for home defense, you got bigger problems than ammo. 

What most people lose sight of, is that PEOPLE WILL BE SHOOTING BACK AT YOU!!!!! Scary shit. 

Does anybody here have any WORST CASE SCENARIO PLANS?

In other words, do you have any family, friends that would team-up with you if, THE SHIT HIT THE FAN????????  

I was asking a helper if he wanted to come to my place, and take a gun, if TSHTF. His kid's best friend was a black kid, and he must have told his wife what I was talking about, 'cause  he stopped coming over!!! LMAO!!! 

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That is what I was told by a gun store owner. May be bullshit for all I know.

No it makes sense. My BIL said the govt was buying up all of the .22LR. I am like why the fuck would they be buying .22LR? But .223 makes sense. 

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

THey are nice. I almost bought a 1911 last week. I dint like the safety on 1911.s

Ive always wanted a 1911 but with the price of .45 ammo these days I dont think I would want to shoot it much. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

What's not to like? You won't accidentally shoot yourself in the leg...

Didnt like the way it seems loose. Kinda flapped around. Was just weird. I suppose ys get used to it.