Check your account email address ×

53 coronavirus cases now confirmed from Millinocket wedding, one death

https://www.centralmaine.com/2020/08/22/maine-cdc-reports-32-cases-of-coronavirus-one-death/ 

Health officials have determined 53 confirmed cases of coronavirus stemming from a wedding in Millinocket, making the event one of the biggest outbreaks in the state. 

Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said on Saturday that investigators identified secondary and tertiary transmission of the virus, which means that it has spread to people who did not attend the Aug. 7 wedding or reception but had close contact with individuals who were present at the event (secondary cases) and close contacts of the secondary cases. 

Those affected range in age from 4 to 98 years old, with a median age of 41. A woman who did not attend the reception died on Friday after contracting COVID-19 from a person who did attend the event, health authorities said. They did not identify her, nor the guest she came into contact with. 

Big Moose Inn, which hosted the event, was cited for an “imminent health hazard,” which carries no fine but can bring harsher penalties if state officials determine the venue violated health rules again. The wedding reception had 65 people, more than the state maximum of 50 for indoor gatherings.

55 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

https://www.centralmaine.com/2020/08/22/maine-cdc-reports-32-cases-of-coronavirus-one-death/ 

Health officials have determined 53 confirmed cases of coronavirus stemming from a wedding in Millinocket, making the event one of the biggest outbreaks in the state. 

Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said on Saturday that investigators identified secondary and tertiary transmission of the virus, which means that it has spread to people who did not attend the Aug. 7 wedding or reception but had close contact with individuals who were present at the event (secondary cases) and close contacts of the secondary cases. 

Those affected range in age from 4 to 98 years old, with a median age of 41. A woman who did not attend the reception died on Friday after contracting COVID-19 from a person who did attend the event, health authorities said. They did not identify her, nor the guest she came into contact with. 

Big Moose Inn, which hosted the event, was cited for an “imminent health hazard,” which carries no fine but can bring harsher penalties if state officials determine the venue violated health rules again. The wedding reception had 65 people, more than the state maximum of 50 for indoor gatherings.

Been there many years ago I think.  Did they use to have a desert known as 'mud pie' or something?  I'm talking 20 years ago.

We recently had 2 large events around the Lake here in the last 3 months, both had +/- 70-100 people, one was a High School grad party and the other a Celebration of Life for a local who died in 2019 from Kidney Cancer..both events were in large tents, none attending there were wearing masks or social distancing, we were at both. No one has tested positive or we would have heard about it.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Going to a wedding reception in a few hours.   300 invites sent out.  Going to be huge.   Bet I don't  see 10 masks.

Edited by Highmark

14 hours ago, Mainecat said:

We will see how it goes when cold weather hits and everyone is inside.

Good luck I think I look better in a mask rather than a ventilator.

Make sure you stay your fucking ass in New Hampshire old man.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Nobody really cares anymore. The whole live in fear thing is done

It absolutely is.  I'm going on with my life.

14 hours ago, Mainecat said:

We will see how it goes when cold weather hits and everyone is inside.

Good luck I think I look better in a mask rather than a ventilator.

You do you, and stay inside.  I'm going snowmobiling.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

There are so many Wheelers out and about. The dealers are sold out for Wheelers, sleds are selling almost as fast as they get them in, it will be crowded on the snowmobile trails this Winter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

There are so many Wheelers out and about. The dealers are sold out for Wheelers, sleds are selling almost as fast as they get them in, it will be crowded on the snowmobile trails this Winter.

We did 150 miles in the General yesterday. So awesome to see people out and about.

I hope the old bastid never sees a trail again....

20200822-113336.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

We did 150 miles in the General yesterday. So awesome to see people out and about.

I hope the old bastid never sees a trail again....

20200822-113336.jpg

Absolutely Beautiful..

The idiots can stay hidden in their basements, we have and will go out and enjoy everything we've always done..

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Absolutely Beautiful..

The idiots can stay hidden in their basements, we have and will go out and enjoy everything we've always done..

Sea Doo today.... and everything else this week of vacation.

Enjoy the tv MC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I 4 wheeled for years. It was fun for a few years but then the dust, mud, hot as hell fuck weather and bugs got tiring. 

Riding in the winter i never had to paint myself with deet before every ride.

i will be in the pool with a Sam Adams and a cigar after I rip 2 bath vanities out. Granite delivery tomorrow morning.

43 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I 4 wheeled for years. It was fun for a few years but then the dust, mud, hot as hell fuck weather and bugs got tiring. 

Riding in the winter i never had to paint myself with deet before every ride.

i will be in the pool with a Sam Adams and a cigar after I rip 2 bath vanities out. Granite delivery tomorrow morning.

I just got into 4 wheeling. Because I found I can put on a windshield and infrequently deal with dust by leaving after the rest of the world does... like 11 oclock. The mud? We look for it... hot weather..... my god, spend some time in the south and find out what hot is. BUgs? C'mon, man....

Riding in the summer I never had to paint myself in $500 minimum in gear.

I could post a pic of me in my pool.... with a shot of Crown... with a great big Gorilla Finger with the floorplan for the new house coming with the next 2 years.

You're nothing special. Even a UPS guy can pull it off....

• Like 1

The media reports are so agenda based.  Here in the Twin Cities, both our our major papers have above the fold headlines stating "15 Covid cases from Sturgis attendees"  Totally pushing the narrative that that event is driving  the infections.

Deeper in the story..748 positive cases confirmed that same day, so the Sturgis infections account for 2% of the days total.  No further tracing information about the other 733 cases.

2 minutes ago, F3600 said:

The media reports are so agenda based.  Here in the Twin Cities, both our our major papers have above the fold headlines stating "15 Covid cases from Sturgis attendees"  Totally pushing the narrative that that event is driving  the infections.

Deeper in the story..748 positive cases confirmed that same day, so the Sturgis infections account for 2% of the days total.  No further tracing information about the other 733 cases.

It's amazing how easily led the sheep are who buy into/believe the media. I hear it up here quite often as well even though our supposed experts haven't bee right/accurate once since this all began. Funny how one never hears about increased cases with all the rioters/protests going on? :news:

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Snake said:

I just got into 4 wheeling. Because I found I can put on a windshield and infrequently deal with dust by leaving after the rest of the world does... like 11 oclock. The mud? We look for it... hot weather..... my god, spend some time in the south and find out what hot is. BUgs? C'mon, man....

Riding in the summer I never had to paint myself in $500 minimum in gear.

I could post a pic of me in my pool.... with a shot of Crown... with a great big Gorilla Finger with the floorplan for the new house coming with the next 2 years.

You're nothing special. Even a UPS guy can pull it off....

Not sure what brought that on unless Huzy has your password.

45 minutes ago, irv said:

It's amazing how easily led the sheep are who buy into/believe the media. I hear it up here quite often as well even though our supposed experts haven't bee right/accurate once since this all began. Funny how one never hears about increased cases with all the rioters/protests going on? :news:

The virus was non-transmissible if you were protesting in support of liberal causes..