Check your account email address ×

Love my union

Just now, Big Crappie said:

Butt, butt, butt.........

Derp

I understand that the facts I’m presenting are difficult for you to accept but if you want to break it down you’d find that you’d agree with me

Just now, Woodtick said:

The natives are starting to gather so time to head back to the suburbs. Poor ace,beaten like a rented mule. :lol:

I can help you work through why you’re so upset if you like 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What kind of a pension would you expect for someone who averages 100K and how much does one contribute member + employer?

It’s nothing to see 6k a month for someone that was doing 100k. My burden rate is well over $90 a hour to give you perspective. Can retire full at 62. My employer also puts in 20k a year into my 401k. The union gives you a base to start with, I negotiated money over scale,vacations,holidays,company truck ECT. 

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

The part that you sit down to go pee. :owned:

I see you don’t have the intellectual ability to have a rational discussion, which affirms my notions about union workers. 

48 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It’s nothing to see 6k a month for someone that was doing 100k. My burden rate is well over $90 a hour to give you perspective. Can retire full at 62. My employer also puts in 20k a year into my 401k. The union gives you a base to start with, I negotiated money over scale,vacations,holidays,company truck ECT. 

So about 72k a year plus 401k is a decent pension.  You can be more aggressive with your 401k then.

Wife has a pension of about 70k on about 120k salary for a combined annual contribution of 20k.  I can whip that no problem.

52 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Ours you get a one lump sum of cash at the begining and then a certain amount per month based on how many credits you have. Then you also get lifetime health coverage. I only have 16 credits from my time in so it will be enough for a porsche payment. 

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Without the union you would have been fired....end of story. 

why do you say that? sounds to me lime when he showed management the situation as it was they let it go . how would it be diff with out a union ? 

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So about 72k a year plus 401k is a decent pension.  You can be more aggressive with your 401k then.

Wife has a pension of about 70k on about 120k salary for a combined annual contribution of 20k.  I can whip that no problem.

I have a union pension, 401k, SEP, IRA, and Roth IRA but I dont contribute to the IRA anymore for obvious reasons LOL

Edited by Anler

38 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ours you get a one lump sum of cash at the begining and then a certain amount per month based on how many credits you have. Then you also get lifetime health coverage. I only have 16 credits from my time in so it will be enough for a porsche payment. 

That’s what people don’t realize about skilled labor point system. I average two points a year so my pension will be twice what a lazy hall slug will get. Plus the contractor 401k is based on each hour you work,so much per hour. Guys that chase OT can clean up and live comfortable when they retire. 

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

That’s what people don’t realize about skilled labor point system. I average two points a year so my pension will be twice what a lazy hall slug will get. Plus the contractor 401k is based on each hour you work,so much per hour. Guys that chase OT can clean up and live comfortable when they retire. 

And non-union guys like buttcocks will be living off the govt welfare not growing stuff! :owned:

49 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would say the average amount of pension some of my coworkers that have retired is about 80k. Not sure where their 401 is at because they can contribute as well.

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What kind of a pension would you expect for someone who averages 100K and how much does one contribute member + employer?

Ours is 7 + 7, which is good for the Industry at this time.

I'm also adding voluntarily weekly but this is not matched.

I believe it's based on 2050 hours/ year. I always max out.