Check your account email address ×

Official ATV / UTV / OFFROAD thread

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nope.....I really love to drink a cold beer a drive my truck. You’re probably doing far more harm breaking the mask law than I am by drinking the beer.

Have not broken the Mask Law, per the Mask rules I have verifiable health issues so cannot wear them.

Edited by XCR1250

Just now, XCR1250 said:

What does this mean to you?

(This means that if a police officer pulls you over and determines that you are impaired by alcohol and/or any other drug, you could be arrested and prosecuted, regardless of your BAC)

Yes.....how in the flying fuck do they make that determination? 

Here’s a fucking hint....it’s called a field fucking sobriety test and they by law have to administer it if they are going to accuse you of impairment 

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Have not broken the Mask Law, per the Mask rules I have verifiable health issues so cannot wear them.

Are you carrying a valid doctors letter stating you cannot wear the mask? 

Just now, f7ben said:

Are you carrying a valid doctors letter stating you cannot wear the mask? 

No one has to have a doctors anything per Hippa laws, look it up..I do carry my rescue inhalers, no one has ever asked me though.

I had Doctors slips years back that stated "Under care for Cronic asthma and a nervous condition.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Open container is a $200 fine here and no points on license. I admit I regularly drive while drinking a beer , been doing it since I got my license at 17...been caught once  about 30 years ago  and got a fine.But I have never gotten a DWI. I enjoy and think nothing about grabbing a beer for the ride to pick up dinner or going to the store or just for a cruise, it's almost 2nd nature for me.

I've been doing this for 40 plus years. Im confident in passing any field sobriety tests while driving with an open container. Ive passed FST while totally bombed when I drove drunk in my younger days., so 1 or 2 is not an issue...... but I do realize it is a gamble nowadays...if I should have an accident or hit a pedestrian with an open container in vehicle, the outcome in court would not be favorable, even if I wasn't over the Bac limit.

And keeping to topic.....here is my 09 Ranger ....handy around the property and yes I often have a beer in the cup holder....:bc:

20200712_180829.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Yo Don, shut the fuck up! Your ruining my thread! Have a beer and chill out!

Do you remember these fine ladies from back in your youth. LOL

image.png.ed1fd003f95b3826cf5f6e5b51e5f7c6.png

Go back 2 hours ago, I wasn't the one who started the Alcohol thingy..I'll stop though.

Edited by XCR1250

4 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Open container is a $200 fine here and no points on license. I admit I regularly drive while drinking a beer , been doing it since I got my license at 17...been caught once  about 30 years ago  and got a fine.But I have never gotten a DWI. I enjoy and think nothing about grabbing a beer for the ride to pick up dinner or going to the store or just for a cruise, it's almost 2nd nature for me.

I've been doing this for 40 plus years. Im confident in passing any field sobriety tests while driving with an open container. Ive passed FST while totally bombed when I drove drunk in my younger days., so 1 or 2 is not an issue...... but I do realize it is a gamble nowadays...if I should have an accident or hit a pedestrian with an open container in vehicle, the outcome in court would not be favorable, even if I wasn't over the Bac limit.

And keeping to topic.....here is my 09 Ranger ....handy around the property and yes I often have a beer in the cup holder....:bc:

20200712_180829.jpg

X2 all the way until the gay sxs talk

• Haha 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Someone had to get this gay thread off track!!!! Glad I could help!!!!

If I didn't love boating too I go over and troll up your boat thread. I'll just have to settle for...............................................:finger:

Just now, Big Crappie said:

If I didn't love boating too I go over and troll up your boat thread. I'll just have to settle for...............................................:finger:

:lol: I’m sorry....I honestly didn’t mean to. Tea Totaller Don was pissin me off

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Easy there Ben..I'm a recovered  Alky.

I’m glad you gave it up if it wasn’t working for you and you weren’t really pissing me off. It was all the thinking about cops that was sending me over the edge lol

Just now, f7ben said:

I’m glad you gave it up if it wasn’t working for you and you weren’t really pissing me off. It was all the thinking about cops that was sending me over the edge lol

I stopped drinking 39 years ago when I ended up in St Luke's in Milwaukee, Doctors said it was going to kill me if I didn't quit, I craved it for about 2 weeks then never again.

• Like 1

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I stopped drinking 39 years ago when I ended up in St Luke's in Milwaukee, Doctors said it was going to kill me if I didn't quit, I craved it for about 2 weeks then never again.

I’ve all but given up any booze....pretty much just light beer now. It won’t kill me but it makes me fat !!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Thank You, I'm happy I did it 39 years ago.

I quit smoking weed on Sunday, got a couple weeks to clean out before hopefully going back to full time work.  I have quit before, first time for 5 years, second time for 1 year.  It's a bit different than being an alcoholic, a lot different.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Anyhow, RZR's loaded up and getting ready to ride again today..should be a nice day, 76 and Sunny, probably put on 70-90 miles.

Good day for it, love riding on weekdays, moreso with snowmobiling.  Sled traffic absolutely sucks up here on weekends.