Check your account email address ×

Dick measuring

So about a year ago I became fascinated with the crypto currency market. Started as a Bitcoin inquiry but then I started to learn about the block chain technology and the defi and smart contracts applications. Started throwing some of my side hustle money at some projects that looked promising. When the largest companies in the world are partnering with these projects you know there is some potential. 

Well we like to measure our dicks about how our investments are doing in the stock market so when I saw what my little just under $8000 investment was at today I kinda snickered. I have accounts on 2 exchanges but it's $48,000 as of today. Doubled in just the last month. 600% in the last year since I started. 

I'm going to pull out my initial investment today. 

Screenshot_20200812-083232.thumb.png.09600389ec82522a27498f4edbf1eee7.pngScreenshot_20200812-083314.thumb.png.4687b9a64ab7441a5ee3a9e330be63c4.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Edmo said:

Take the money and run. I wouldn’t consider these for long term investments.

:bc: 

I disagree but I am taking my intital money out just in case everrthing blows up I didnt lose anything. There is a lot of crap out there but the ones I am in, the ones that are killing it are going to be around for a while. This is like buying Microsoft in 1990. Its real nerd shit. In fact Microsoft is one of the companies they are partnered with

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

So about a year ago I became fascinated with the crypto currency market. Started as a Bitcoin inquiry but then I started to learn about the block chain technology and the defi and smart contracts applications. Started throwing some of my side hustle money at some projects that looked promising. When the largest companies in the world are partnering with these projects you know there is some potential. 

Well we like to measure our dicks about how our investments are doing in the stock market so when I saw what my little just under $8000 investment was at today I kinda snickered. I have accounts on 2 exchanges but it's $48,000 as of today. Doubled in just the last month. 600% in the last year since I started. 

I'm going to pull out my initial investment today. 

Screenshot_20200812-083232.thumb.png.09600389ec82522a27498f4edbf1eee7.pngScreenshot_20200812-083314.thumb.png.4687b9a64ab7441a5ee3a9e330be63c4.png

The problem with Bitcoin is what you just did.  You would be nuts to put in a substantial amount of your net worth to really make any long term difference.

Just now, Edmo said:

Take the money and run. I wouldn’t consider these for long term investments.

:bc: 

They're short term plays like gold etc.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The problem with Bitcoin is what you just did.  You would be nuts to put in a substantial amount of your net worth to really make any long term difference.

They're short term plays like gold etc.

I only own about $500 of bitcoin

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I disagree but I am taking my intital money out just in case everrthing blows up I didnt lose anything. There is a lot of crap out there but the ones I am in, the ones that are killing it are going to be around for a while. This is like buying Microsoft in 1990. Its real nerd shit. In fact Microsoft is one of the companies they are partnered with

I employ this strategy or ones like it often.   Many times I simply take the gains and leave the original "market value" in.   

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

I employ this strategy or ones like it often.   Many times I simply take the gains and leave the original "market value" in.  

Right now its just a hobby but now I have $40k to play around with. If I lose oh well but I think there are more legs here. Institutional money is flying in now. The exchanges are breaking volume records daily.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Doesn't matter, what % of your net worth are you willing to place in it?

It won't make a difference in the long run.

Right now I have 0%. Youve been saying that but 600% is 600%. Ill take it

Edited by Anler

I fear corrupt central banks will figure out a way to manipulate and devalue crypto’s. It poses a massive threat to their ability to devalue the dollar and other currencies and their mission of stealing wealth

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I fear corrupt central banks will figure out a way to manipulate and devalue crypto’s. It poses a massive threat to their ability to devalue the dollar and other currencies and their mission of stealing wealth

They already have. Fuck, JP Morgan has already taken custody of one of the exchanges tokens for "security" I am not invested in the currencies I am in the defi and smart contracts plays. Those are the ones that every major corp in the world are racing to establish. As the tech grows they are going to really start to make the cracks in centralized finance look like craters to everybody. Its just a matter of time. 

24 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That some great gains!  You should go buy a f150 ecoboost with it and start enjoying the good life!

2021 Polaris 850 VR1 MAGA sled! 

• Like 2