Check your account email address ×

Harley Davidson prepares for huge layoffs.

Harley is making the best products they Ever have.   Nothing they do is attracting the youth to riding and the boomers already went through their Harley phase.  The company will continue to shrink production here and offshore production to where the products sell. All businesses need to evolve over time.   

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Harley is making the best products they Ever have.   Nothing they do is attracting the youth to riding and the boomers already went through their Harley phase.  The company will continue to shrink production here and offshore production to where the products sell. All businesses need to evolve over time.   

They need to make a bike that’s worth a fuck.....30k dollars and you have to spend another 10k in mods just to ha e a bike as fast as a stock jap cruiser 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They need to make a bike that’s worth a fuck.....30k dollars and you have to spend another 10k in mods just to ha e a bike as fast as a stock jap cruiser 

why not just buy a crotch rocket is all you care about is speed and handling.   touring/cruiser bikes are not all about speed.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

why not just buy a crotch rocket is all you care about is speed and handling.   touring/cruiser bikes are not all about speed.  

Great idea, it would an outstanding way for him to kill himself!!! :lol:

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Price yes. Their prices are nuts. But they are comfy. More factors than just speed.   I want a scout but hear they’re uncomfortable for long distance 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I’ll snag a Lightly used one for half price.  There’s a zillion of them on the market

Yeah there’s lots. But not necessarily of what I want 

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Then why is every faggot ass dirtbag fuckstick dropping their bonus on the latest S&S stroker?

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They had that with buell, but they killed that once they bought it back

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Don't forget the doo rags and wallets chained to your belt. :lmaodance:

I love the rugged individual look....all while looking identical to every other swinging dick on the road.  Its like a uniform ffs.  :lol:  My peeve are these idiots who've never owned a bike their entire life and they go right out and buy a Fatboy or a Road King and throw 5 grand worth of chrome on it.  Its a miracle more of them aren't road rashed given how shitty most of those things handle.

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I love the rugged individual look....all while looking identical to every other swinging dick on the road.  Its like a uniform ffs.  :lol:  My peeve are these idiots who've never owned a bike their entire life and they go right out and buy a Fatboy or a Road King and throw 5 grand worth of chrome on it.  Its a miracle more of them aren't road rashed given how shitty most of those things handle.

They all look like fake criminals. I picked up a hard used BMW GS for next to nothing. Needs some final drive repair, brakes, and bearings. Cosmetically it’s a disaster. Perfect for the Alaskan trip. Motor and trans are strong. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

They all look like fake criminals. I picked up a hard used BMW GS for next to nothing. Needs some final drive repair, brakes, and bearings. Cosmetically it’s a disaster. Perfect for the Alaskan trip. Motor and trans are strong. 

thats perfect  :lol:  I am gonna pick up something here sooner or later.  I never should have sold that R1100r I had, I think I only paid around 5 grand for it, and it had less than 10,000 miles on it.  Thing would have lasted me forever, and I could have driven it to Alaska if I wanted to.

50 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Last year my buddy stopped by with his M109 Suzuki. Man what an awkward thing to low speed corner with. 

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I’ll snag a Lightly used one for half price.  There’s a zillion of them on the market

not sport glides,  very few out there as they have only been sold a couple of years.  I think 18 was first year

street glides on the other hand are a dime a dozen and maintain a whopping 60%+- of sticker after 3 years.   Plus maybe 25 cents on the dollar for the 5-10k people add to them in stuff.  Still get the yearning for a victory CC sometimes but the thrill of being killed is no longer fun

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

not sport glides,  very few out there as they have only been sold a couple of years.  I think 18 was first year

street glides on the other hand are a dime a dozen and maintain a whopping 60%+- of sticker after 3 years.   Plus maybe 25 cents on the dollar for the 5-10k people add to them in stuff.  Still get the yearning for a victory CC sometimes but the thrill of being killed is no longer fun

Yeah. If Harley gets niggardly and starts blowing bikes out for long term zero interest maybe I’ll buy one 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Yep, but the Jap stuff doesn't hold value any better. Buy a 3 year old Harley for 60% and ride it for 5 years, you'll get a good chunk of your money back. Around here you can't buy a bagger for less than $10k unless its 10+ years old.

Plenty of low mile 3-6 year old bikes out there.