Check your account email address ×

Harley Davidson prepares for huge layoffs.

While in trouble they need to figure out a way to make a cost competitive bike that younger people will want.

Here in the northeast dealers can’t get enough stock. Just traded my 12 sg and got 4K under what I paid for it. Dealers are going full retail on trades just to get iron on the floor. 

34 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yep, but the Jap stuff doesn't hold value any better. Buy a 3 year old Harley for 60% and ride it for 5 years, you'll get a good chunk of your money back. Around here you can't buy a bagger for less than $10k unless its 10+ years old.

Plenty of low mile 3-6 year old bikes out there.

BAGGER!!!!! LMAO!!! 

I see them goin' by every day. 

Goofiest-lookin' things I've ever seen. 

I won't call them gay, but I will call them goofy.   

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

BAGGER!!!!! LMAO!!! 

I see them goin' by every day. 

Goofiest-lookin' things I've ever seen. 

I won't call them gay, but I will call them goofy.   

Well if you’re travelling by bike you need bags 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Well if you’re travelling by bike you need bags 

They don't look like they are travelling though. 

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Take his word. He's a gay expert

:thumbsup:

No, YOU ARE!!!!    :owned:

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

They don't look like they are travelling though. 

No, YOU ARE!!!!    :owned:

I’m sure lots aren’t but I believe the bags are fairly permanently mounted so it’s not an easy process to take them off 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

I’m sure lots aren’t but I believe the bags are fairly permanently mounted so it’s not an easy process to take them off 

Ahh Sledgey, are you sayin' you would ride a BAGGER???? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ACE said:

Harley has Quick Detach kits but most are bolted on. The previous owner of my last Harley had set up the bags so the bags could be removed with 2 bolts.

I liked the bags though. The old lady could put her purse in there, stash helmets when parking the bike, carry a warmer jacket, etc.

All this bag talk has 550 drooling.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

That why I was leaning towards the sport glide. Bags and ferrings come off easy to turn into a naked cruiser 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I wouldn't buy a bike to ride without bags at this point. Whether that be a sport tour, touring or adventure bike. The ability to carry items just makes it so you can ride it more often.

But I don't ride any more and probably will not own a ridable bike again.

Edited by Blackstar

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

not sport glides,  very few out there as they have only been sold a couple of years.  I think 18 was first year

street glides on the other hand are a dime a dozen and maintain a whopping 60%+- of sticker after 3 years.   Plus maybe 25 cents on the dollar for the 5-10k people add to them in stuff.  Still get the yearning for a victory CC sometimes but the thrill of being killed is no longer fun

well like I said, no shortage of inventory.  My style of street biking these days are just doin a one hour cruise on the farm roads around here.  Put the wife on the back for a ride or two and thats about it.  I have a half dozen old racing buddies who are all up about the KTM 790s for I"m not even sure what. They put it up like its a dirt bike, but the thought of trying to manhandle that thing in a sand wash is laughable.  Street bike with high fenders that you can get a few photo ops  in the dirt with..

117190394_3366845170021646_6728390532935781889_o.jpg

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

well like I said, no shortage of inventory.  My style of street biking these days are just doin a one hour cruise on the farm roads around here.  Put the wife on the back for a ride or two and thats about it.  I have a half dozen old racing buddies who are all up about the KTM 790s for I"m not even sure what. They put it up like its a dirt bike, but the thought of trying to manhandle that thing in a sand wash is laughable.  Street bike with high fenders that you can get a few photo ops  in the dirt with..

117190394_3366845170021646_6728390532935781889_o.jpg

I've thought about buying one of those or something similar to it, but I've seen way too much stupid driving the last couple years to want one that bad.  This summer has really given me the itch though.  

35 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Ya mean like nationwide BLM protests/riots?

No. I’m talking about the clowns with their mid 50 year old tattoos and stupid shirtless sleeves with trout belly arms. 

Long time buddy of mine down in Tennessee this week at the Loretta Lynn Amateur Nationals.  Got a 2nd in the national masters (50+)  class this week.  Guy is tougher than a bag of hammers.  51 years old.  I was 2nd in New England when i was 51 11 years ago.  With the competition these days I'd have trouble cracking the top ten with all these older pros.

109366638_10220162345922230_2280055850000792261_n.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

No. I’m talking about the clowns with their mid 50 year old tattoos and stupid shirtless sleeves with trout belly arms. 

You should show up there and mention that to them.

Edited by XCR1250

My mom just sold her 2008 1200 nightster for 8500 canadian had 10000 miles on it perfect condition , she looking at getting a new Harley