Check your account email address ×

Trump’s Coronavirus Testing Czar: Time to ‘Move On’ From Hydroxychloroquine

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

It’s dangerous to certain high risk groups for Covid namely those with heart conditions who are disproportionately represented. 
the dangerous part is these people taking it improperly or carelessly prescribed don’t know why many can’t understand this it’s pretty simple. 

So what.  That's no different than meds that many can't take due to side effects and such.  My my wife can't take penecillin, so let's not give it to anyone.

If it helps many, why isn't it a viable treatment?  Are they not trusting Drs now?

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So what.  That's no different than meds that many can't take due to side effects and such.  My my wife can't take penecillin, so let's not give it to anyone.

If it helps many, why isn't it a viable treatment?  Are they not trusting Drs now?

The illogical nature of most people’s arguments regarding this topic is perplexing 

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, Zeusand said:

Don't worry about a vaccination coming out for Covid that will actually work 100% because they haven't figured out a flu vaccination that works 100% in the last 50 years anyways. No worries, covid-19 will go away on its own in two years just like it did in 1918 without a vaccine.

It will go away and be a non-issue and hardly heard about by November if Biden gets elected.

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Public fear of the virus would lead many to risk the side effects that shouldn’t. There were reports of many taking it who showed no signs of illness whatsoever and had never even been tested  

these are far from normal times. 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Did you know it was deadly to take?

No. The only side effect for me is I’m not supposed to donate blood to the Red Cross. But have ing a trace amount of mustard gas in my blood is also part of that. The donating blood thing may have changed. That was thirty years ago and haven’t tried. 

12 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Public fear of the virus would lead many to risk the side effects that shouldn’t. There were reports of many taking it who showed no signs of illness whatsoever and had never even been tested  

Taking it with no signs of illness can also stop it from becoming a symptomatic illness. 

17 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Yes these are anything but normal times.

My understanding is the side effects come from very high doses which were not part of the early studies.  So it isn't dangerous if used as prescribed.  A bottle of Aspirin will kill if you take the entire bottle at once.

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes these are anything but normal times.

My understanding is the side effects come from very high doses which were not part of the early studies.  So it isn't dangerous if used as prescribed.  A bottle of Aspirin will kill if you take the entire bottle at once.

again, that was the issue. Mass hysteria and fears where people who shouldn't be taking it were looking for it to be prescribed through different channels. 

Any Health Canada/PHAC notice on it was all around this.  

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

again, that was the issue. Mass hysteria and fears where people who shouldn't be taking it were looking for it to be prescribed through different channels. 

Any Health Canada/PHAC notice on it was all around this.  

You mean smoking weed won't give that herd immunity feeling?

3 hours ago, frenchy said:

It’s dangerous to certain high risk groups for Covid namely those with heart conditions who are disproportionately represented. 
the dangerous part is these people taking it improperly or carelessly prescribed don’t know why many can’t understand this it’s pretty simple. 

Yep.