Check your account email address ×

Japan never shut their economy down.

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Only mandatory masks. 1k dead with a population of 126,000,000. The smartest of all the countries. 

Nope,  Taiwan is the smartest.  7 dead

We have factories there.  Nothing shut down there either, just masks and screening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Nope,  Taiwan is the smartest.  7 dead

We have factories there.  Nothing shut down there either, just masks and screening. 

I stand corrected. Thank you. 

Asian cultural norms and education levels make this possible.  I'd love to see what an uncorrupted first-world Asian population would be able to accomplish with the resources of a USA.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its more common sense really.

Masks won't do much unless physical distancing protocols are in place.

We flattened the curve and got Covid under control before masks came into large use.

Ever ridden the Yamanote line in Tokyo?  Ain't nobody social distancing there.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ever ridden the Yamanote line in Tokyo?  Ain't nobody social distancing there.

Yep, I spent time in Tokyo, no way to social distance there.  It's crazy how big and populated that city is. 

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its more common sense really.

Masks won't do much unless physical distancing protocols are in place.

We flattened the curve and got Covid under control before masks came into large use.

So the clear results of Mandatory Masks are not the results of Mandatory Masks... Got it

For fuck sake reduce what is coming out of you by covering your mouth and nose. Wanna protect yourself, wear N95 or better, maybe even toss in a shield if it's nasty environment. This ain't Rocket Science, think I seen some doctors with masks, not sure.

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

So the clear results of Mandatory Masks are not the results of Mandatory Masks... Got it

For fuck sake reduce what is coming out of you by covering your mouth and nose. Wanna protect yourself, wear N95 or better, maybe even toss in a shield if it's nasty environment. This ain't Rocket Science, think I seen some doctors with masks, not sure.

I don't think the non-medical masks most are wearing will stop the aerosol spread in crowds, but will stop the spit.  Do we really know how its spreading more from droplets or aerosol?   How many ventilation systems have been modified to reduce recirculation or are we just blowing on people?  Not a nasty environment, just an oversite.

NED-1910-How COVID19 spreads by air - 0

Mandatory or not there's no fn way I'd have used transit without a mask, won't even get in a public elevator.

Toronto is prepping for stage 3 of re-opening, exposure and contact with people is already up 3-4-500% so masks and sanitized contact are key. Been working so far, surprising how few people you see without 1 on where necessary.

9 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Mandatory or not there's no fn way I'd have used transit without a mask, won't even get in a public elevator.

Toronto is prepping for stage 3 of re-opening, exposure and contact with people is already up 3-4-500% so masks and sanitized contact are key. Been working so far, surprising how few people you see without 1 on where necessary.

Don't you fix those?

I wouldn't have used transit either without a mask. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Well at least a couple factors are they are 2 of the healthiest countries in the world and in Asian culture hand shaking isn't common.   Bowing is. 

So early on while we were spreading it by hand they weren't.   Maybe we shouldn't shake hands anymore. :dunno:   Fauci very well was right there.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/26/862654095/what-lies-behind-japans-successful-management-of-the-pandemic

KUHN: "No citizens think that things went well because of what the government did," he says, adding, "we just got really lucky."

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Don't you fix those?

I wouldn't have used transit either without a mask. 

Yep.I only ride in the ones we've had off for Modernizing and the public hasn't been in or I'll get on top. They're toilet tubes at the best of times

Edited by Tinker

14 minutes ago, Tinker said:

agreed

3 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Yep.I only ride in the ones we've had off for Modernizing and the public hasn't been in or I'll get on top. They're toilet tubes at the best of times

Yup, stay safe man.

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well at least a couple factors are they are 2 of the healthiest countries in the world and in Asian culture hand shaking isn't common.   Bowing is. 

So early on while we were spreading it by hand they weren't.   Maybe we shouldn't shake hands anymore. :dunno:

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/26/862654095/what-lies-behind-japans-successful-management-of-the-pandemic

KUHN: "No citizens think that things went well because of what the government did," he says, adding, "we just got really lucky."

I don’t shake hands. It’s a bizarre behavior. Derived from showing the other person that there’s no weapon in your hand. Reminds me of dogs sniffing each other’s asses. Masks work. 

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

So early on while we were spreading it by hand they weren't.   Maybe we shouldn't shake hands anymore. :dunno:   Fauci very well was right there.

so is Sweden so much for your frantic search for an excuse. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, frenchy said:

so is Sweden so much for your frantic search for an excuse. 

Weather likely played some role.

Screenshot_20200731-220532_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1