Check your account email address ×

Susan Eisenhower calls on US leaders to 'unify this country,' says division is a 'national security issue'

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

She is right.  the obama and trump admins have done nothing but create division which is a security issue for this country.  .  

My take is Obama sowed the seeds, Trump realizes that there is no negotiating with the Democrats, the house judiciary hearing with Barr put that on full display this week.  So he's doing what he needs to do to keep them from power.  Lets not forget the 92 or whatever % negative media coverage against him, you don't think that hasn't had a major impact in stoking the division?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

She is right.  the obama and trump admins have done nothing but create division which is a security issue for this country.  .  

While you are not wrong, I think we need to really figure out the people that are dividing this country are the 535 representatives we have in DC.  Mostly the members that have been in there for decades need to get out.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

While you are not wrong, I think we need to really figure out the people that are dividing this country are the 535 representatives we have in DC.  Mostly the members that have been in there for decades need to get out.

While you’re figuring it out, count yourself as a divider. 

37 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Rush Limbaugh started the extreme, identity politics issue back during the Clinton administration. He set the stage for what’s happening today. It’s gone too far to bring it back. There’s going to be a steady decline of national unity. The bitterness on both sides and well as philosophical differences has become too great. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

While you’re figuring it out, count yourself as a divider. 

Ok, you blame Rush while the adults figure it out for you.   You should really take a good look at the crap you post.  90% of it is deceiving and uses half truths to push the divide.   Good job.  BTW, did you know the school social worker that attacked the Wisconsin state senator Tim Carpenter.  She is in your line of work, helping the mentally challenged while pushing her agenda.  Seems like a stable person for the job.

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Not in this Political climate and it been getting worse for a long time now. Right vs Left and their perpetual tag backs

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Ok, you blame Rush while the adults figure it out for you.   You should really take a good look at the crap you post.  90% of it is deceiving and uses half truths to push the divide.   Good job.  BTW, did you know the school social worker that attacked the Wisconsin state senator Tim Carpenter.  She is in your line of work, helping the mentally challenged while pushing her agenda.  Seems like a stable person for the job.

You just proved my point. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Not in this Political climate and it been getting worse for a long time now. Right vs Left and their perpetual tag backs

It’s only going to get worse. There’s no middle ground any longer. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s only going to get worse. There’s no middle ground any longer. 

Until something significant happens it'll likely continue the downward spiral  

13 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Which side do you think has more vitriol for the other?

Edited by Highmark

19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Copout.

The citizenry elected those fools and can get rid of them. People want their echo chambers and the most partisan candidates are well regarded by their side. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

It isn’t just two sides. There’s multiple sides made up of degrees. 

In general.  Which side?   

15 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Copout.

The citizenry elected those fools and can get rid of them. People want their echo chambers and the most partisan candidates are well regarded by their side. 

So lets get them out.  I was all for the tea party and any movement to remove the most partisan candidates.   I believe I am doing my part by electing as much new blood as I can.

Just now, racer254 said:

So lets get them out.  I was all for the tea party and any movement to remove the most partisan candidates.   I believe I am doing my part by electing as much new blood as I can.

You're preaching to the choir. Now convince all the guys who say we have to keep voting for X or Y will win. 

Senate re-election rates hover around 90%.

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Rush Limbaugh started the extreme, identity politics issue back during the Clinton administration. He set the stage for what’s happening today. It’s gone too far to bring it back. There’s going to be a steady decline of national unity. The bitterness on both sides and well as philosophical differences has become too great. 

Thats nonsense.  Rush became popular because he exposed the bias and people framing the narratives, and called the guilty parties out on it.  They did everything they could to delegitimize him, and it only made him more and more popular.   I remember hearing all this rabble about this racist bigot Rush guy, so one day I tuned in and it didn't take too long to figure out his critics were full of shit.  Trump is of that mold, and his political opponents are using the same failed strategies, but on an even more extreme level.

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

Copout.

Thats what we keep hearing, but they keep re electing the same shit.

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Agree!

4 hours ago, Skidooski said:

It's not even up to them, the propaganda machines do it 100x what politicians do with their memes and videos. All of that stuff is created with the full intent to incite, that's it.