Check your account email address ×

sooo there is this

not in office yet but

© Joshua Lott for The New York Times The Carrier plant in Indianapolis. The company had previously announced plans to move 2,000 factory jobs from Indiana to Mexico.

From the earliest days of his campaign, Donald J. Trump made keeping manufacturing jobs in the United States his signature economic issue, and the decision by Carrier, the big air-conditioner company, to move 2,000 of them from Indiana to Mexico was a tailor-made talking point for him on the stump.

On Thursday, Mr. Trump and Mike Pence, Indiana’s governor and the vice-president elect, plan to appear at Carrier’s Indianapolis plant to announce they’ve struck a deal with the company to keep a majority of the jobs in the state, according to officials with the transition team as well as Carrier.

Mr. Trump will be hard-pressed to alter the economic forces that have hammered the Rust Belt for decades, but forcing Carrier and its parent company, United Technologies, to reverse course is a powerful tactical strike that will rally his base even before he takes office.

I am sure Hill or the Burn would have also been working out this deal cuz u know how much they care for the working people

Note the daTe:

PUBLISHED: 04/28/16 02:34 PM EDT.
UPDATED: 05/09/16 09:03 PM EDT.
INDIANAPOLIS

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders addressed a large crowd at the Indiana Statehouse on Friday, quickly launching into an attack on a manufacturer's decision to relocate 1,400 jobs to Mexico.

"I intend to do everything I can to prevent United Technologies from shutting down their plants in Indianapolis and Huntington from throwing 2,100 American workers out on the street and moving to Monterey, Mexico where they're gonna pay people there three dollars an hour," Sanders told a cheering crowd.

"This is not acceptable. This is the kind of corporate behavior that is destroying the middle class of this country," he said. "This is the kind of corporate behavior that together we will end."

On the decision to move Indiana jobs to Mexico, Sanders said, "They have no shame. They have no sense of embarrassment."

"Today we are sending a very loud and clear message to the CEO of United Technologies:stop the greed. Stop destroying the middle class in America. Respect your workers. Respect the American people," Sanders said to more cheers.

He talked about the effect of NAFTA on Indiana jobs, saying the state has lost over 110,000 manufacturing jobs due to the trade agreement enacted in the 1990s.

"We need a new set of trade policies designed to protect working families and the middle class, not just the CEOs of large corporations," Sanders said.

"It is not acceptable to me that today the top one tenth of one percent owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent," he said, linking the loss of manufacturing jobs to rising poverty rates.

"We are going to create an economy that works for all of us, not just CEOs of large corporations," Sanders said. 

In addition to reforming what he called the disastrous policy of NAFTA and other agreements, he said, "If you work 40 or 50 hours a week in America, you should not be living in poverty. We're gonna raise the minimum wage to a living wage. Fifteen bucks an hour."

He also addressed the gender pay gap, as well as rebuilding the American infrastructure, vowing to use American, not Chinese, steel.

"The American middle class will grow and not decline when the trade union movement in this country grows. That is why we must expand collective bargaining rights for public sector and private sector workers. We need to make it easier for workers to join unions, not harder," said Sanders.

The USW, which endorsed Sanders, also invited Democratic front runner Hillary Clinton, who declined because of a scheduling conflict.

While no GOP candidates were invited, USW local 1999 president Chuck Jones said GOP front runner Donald Trump asked to come but was told no.

Jones said while Trump has spoken out on behalf of Carrier, he's also said American workers make too much money and he backs right to work laws.

Ford is also reconsidering moving some Lincoln production down there as well. Even if he can't get these companies to move production back, not losing any more is a step in the right direction.

• Gold Member

Trump needs to head to GSA head office the day of after he is sworn in and let them know they have a week to get a list of approved vehicles built in the USA only on the only approved vehicle list for the use of government funds to purchase.  Any vehicles such as the Ford Focus even still built the the US but if there is plans to move its production to mexico the Government needs to stop purchasing those.  Then let those manufactures know the models that don't qualify for government fund and the government wont purchases foreign made autos

Pretty simple.....  As I see alot of vehicles in my area that have gov plates that are built in Mexico...  The forest service in my area is fond of Ram HD pickups which are only made in Mexico.  No way a gov agency should be buying vehicles built in Mexico.

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Trump needs to head to GSA head office the day of after he is sworn in and let them know they have a week to get a list of approved vehicles built in the USA only on the only approved vehicle list for the use of government funds to purchase.  Any vehicles such as the Ford Focus even still built the the US but if there is plans to move its production to mexico the Government needs to stop purchasing those.  Then let those manufactures know the models that don't qualify for government fund purchases.

Pretty simple.....  As I see alot of vehicles in my area that have gov plates that are built in Mexico...  The forest service in my area is fond of Ram HD pickups which are only made in Mexico.  No way a gov agency should be buying vehicles built in Mexico.

I deff se a lot of gov trucks like Ram on the road. then u see them up for sale on the GSA site with well under 100k on them for cheep . run that shit till it is dead . U know they are buying yrs of parts with every fleet cuz they sell pallets of parts on gsa for vehicles still in production . GSA is a huge hole of cash waste   

21 minutes ago, motonoggin said:
Note the daTe:

PUBLISHED: 04/28/16 02:34 PM EDT.
UPDATED: 05/09/16 09:03 PM EDT.
INDIANAPOLIS

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders addressed a large crowd at the Indiana Statehouse on Friday, quickly launching into an attack on a manufacturer's decision to relocate 1,400 jobs to Mexico.

"I intend to do everything I can to prevent United Technologies from shutting down their plants in Indianapolis and Huntington from throwing 2,100 American workers out on the street and moving to Monterey, Mexico where they're gonna pay people there three dollars an hour," Sanders told a cheering crowd.

"This is not acceptable. This is the kind of corporate behavior that is destroying the middle class of this country," he said. "This is the kind of corporate behavior that together we will end."

On the decision to move Indiana jobs to Mexico, Sanders said, "They have no shame. They have no sense of embarrassment."

"Today we are sending a very loud and clear message to the CEO of United Technologies:stop the greed. Stop destroying the middle class in America. Respect your workers. Respect the American people," Sanders said to more cheers.

He talked about the effect of NAFTA on Indiana jobs, saying the state has lost over 110,000 manufacturing jobs due to the trade agreement enacted in the 1990s.

"We need a new set of trade policies designed to protect working families and the middle class, not just the CEOs of large corporations," Sanders said.

"It is not acceptable to me that today the top one tenth of one percent owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent," he said, linking the loss of manufacturing jobs to rising poverty rates.

"We are going to create an economy that works for all of us, not just CEOs of large corporations," Sanders said. 

In addition to reforming what he called the disastrous policy of NAFTA and other agreements, he said, "If you work 40 or 50 hours a week in America, you should not be living in poverty. We're gonna raise the minimum wage to a living wage. Fifteen bucks an hour."

He also addressed the gender pay gap, as well as rebuilding the American infrastructure, vowing to use American, not Chinese, steel.

"The American middle class will grow and not decline when the trade union movement in this country grows. That is why we must expand collective bargaining rights for public sector and private sector workers. We need to make it easier for workers to join unions, not harder," said Sanders.

The USW, which endorsed Sanders, also invited Democratic front runner Hillary Clinton, who declined because of a scheduling conflict.

While no GOP candidates were invited, USW local 1999 president Chuck Jones said GOP front runner Donald Trump asked to come but was told no.

Jones said while Trump has spoken out on behalf of Carrier, he's also said American workers make too much money and he backs right to work laws.

talk is cheep unlike pay offs for  lake homes

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I deff se a lot of gov trucks like Ram on the road. then u see them up for sale on the GSA site with well under 100k on them for cheep . run that shit till it is dead . U know they are buying yrs of parts with every fleet cuz they sell pallets of parts on gsa for vehicles still in production . GSA is a huge hole of cash waste   

Ya it seems the forest service runs alot of Rams 2500's and 3500's and changes them out often in my state and they are all made in Mexico.  Its a pretty powerful negiotiating tool if GSA came out and said we will only buy vehicles model lines that are manufactured in the US and the US only and the manufactures ears would perk up an as I can only imagine how lucrative a sale to the government as a vehicle....  Even such things as a school district....  I know the school district in my area runs quit a few ford cars...  Many built in Mexico.  One swoop of the pen and Trump could let state and local gov't know that they must purchase american built autos or risk losing federal funding.  

Edited by BOHICA

22 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Which netted a fraction of the money required for a $600K lake house :guzzle: it's Bullfuckingshit like you 

That's fucking slumming for some of the high rollers here. 

I bet your lake home is worth at least double that.