Check your account email address ×

Bar by the lake we were at yesterday

Just now, frenchy said:

source.gif

The footage revealed that single-layer masks barely impeded the spread of droplets at all: in that demonstration, the aerosols dispersed through the air with visible ease.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Science says the mask does nothing....you’re a fucking follower 

No, it doesn't, or medical staff would never wear them.

Did you know that when germ theory first began they killed the people who suggested doctors wash their hands between sawing off a leg and delivering a baby? Doctors were enraged at the suggestion that they could be causing death. 

Weird, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Surgical masks haven’t been mandated and science says simple cloth masks do absolutely nothing 

A considerate person would do 2 minutes of research and get the best mask they could reasonably get for the application, which is a multilayer surgical mask. They are widely available. 

Just now, motonoggin said:

A considerate person would do 2 minutes of research and get the best mask they could reasonably get for the application, which is a multilayer surgical mask. They are widely available. 

They have not been mandated and all these faggoty cloth bullshit masks with your favorite soccer team on them do nothing 

Just now, f7ben said:

They have not been mandated and all these faggoty cloth bullshit masks with your favorite soccer team on them do nothing 

As I said, they are better than nothing, but only marginally. 

The alternative isn't no masks, it's wearing the right mask. 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I 100% agree about the cloth coverings not being effective.

However 3m 8210 masks are dirt cheap as are the blue surgical masks. Both are readily available and they work. The government needs to step up and offer free masks.

17 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

As I said, they are better than nothing, but only marginally. 

The alternative isn't no masks, it's wearing the right mask. 

My position is this mandate is ineffective and all these snowflakes with their faggot masks can fuck off. 

Mandatory hand sanitizing would have done 1000x more. This is about control and conditioned conformity 

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My position is this mandate is ineffective and all these snowflakes with their faggot masks can fuck off. 

Mandatory hand sanitizing would have done 1000x more. This is about control and conditioned conformity 

I don't see the angle. It's a minor inconvenience, it's not sacrificing your first born.

10 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I don't see the angle. It's a minor inconvenience, it's not sacrificing your first born.

It’s giving excellent information to those watching carefully as to our reaction when asked to endure inconvenience based on scary stuff like a virus.

I supported nearly all the measures initially taken because we had precious little info.

Facts are the virus is not as deadly as what we thought was possible. Our HC system is holding up just fine and we need to learn to live uninterrupted with this type of shit because it ain’t going away

Edited by f7ben

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

It’s giving excellent information to those watching carefully as to our reaction when asked to endure inconvenience based on scary stuff like a virus.

I supported nearly all the measures initially taken because we had precious little info.

Facts are the virus is not as deadly as what we thought was possible. Our HC system is holding up just fine and we need to learn to live uninterrupted with this type of shit because it ain’t going away

Yep!   We did it all weekend. 

Ended up with a ferocious sunburn, that hurts like hell, but I'm a risk taker!!!!  :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Do you have life vests in your Ricky racer boat? Why?

I carry as many as required by law to avoid the fine. Also a life jacket will keep you from sinking.

The law does not require me to wear a mask and since cloth masks do absolutely nothing beneficial I won’t wear one.

34 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I carry as many as required by law to avoid the fine. Also a life jacket will keep you from sinking.

The law does not require me to wear a mask and since cloth masks do absolutely nothing beneficial I won’t wear one.

I'm actually trying my best not to wear a mask, I want a confrontation with a Karen so I have stories to tell. :lmao:Frenchy posted a good story about a corn cob Karen over at TBP. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I'm actually trying my best not to wear a mask, I want a confrontation with a Karen so I have stories to tell. :lmao:Frenchy posted a good story about a corn cob Karen over at TBP. :lol:

I would prefer to have no confrontation with anyone and just be left alone 

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

I posted about this before but if anyone should have gotten it it should have been me. My exposure is off the charts. And until last week I felt like this wasn't that bad based on my personal experience. Last week I started getting first hand reports of people in our trade dying. And others being hospitalised with serious complications. People I personally know so I know it's not sensationalist bullshit. It's hard to pin this down because it seems to affect everyone different. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I posted about this before but if anyone should have gotten it it should have been me. My exposure is off the charts. And until last week I felt like this wasn't that bad based on my personal experience. Last week I started getting first hand reports of people in our trade dying. And others being hospitalised with serious complications. People I personally know so I know it's not sensationalist bullshit. It's hard to pin this down because it seems to affect everyone different. 

Yeah that sucks and that is one of the worst things about this virus...the randomness of who it affects and the complications brings with it. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah that sucks and that is one of the worst things about this virus...the randomness of who it affects and the complications brings with it. 

One of the guys is a VP with a GC we work with alot. I talked to him today. He had some really bad pneumonia like symptoms and is back to work after being off for a month but is still feeling the effects of it.

We had one of our supervisors test positive about 3 weeks ago and after 4-5 days he was already feeling better. He is back to work now. I really dont know what to think about this anymore. 

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

I’m by no means diminishing its impact. My good buddies dad is in the ICU and I believe he’s now on a vent. 

What I’m saying is when we thought it potentially had a mortality rate of 3-5% we needed to shut everything down and do whatever we could to prevent the HC system from collapsing.

We know that is not the case now. People are going to get sick and die and that sucks but it isn’t the end of the world as we thought was possible.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m by no means diminishing its impact. My good buddies dad is in the ICU and I believe he’s now on a vent. 

What I’m saying is when we thought it potentially had a mortality rate of 3-5% we needed to shut everything down and do whatever we could to prevent the HC system from collapsing.

We know that is not the case now. People are going to get sick and die and that sucks but it isn’t the end of the world as we thought was possible.

I agree