Check your account email address ×

FSCE BOAT THREAD!!!

5 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The tach runs off of the charging system when it gets wonky you should look at the rectifier or the stator.  Efi or carb?

Efi and I thought rectifier but that would be either bad or good and the tach immediately starts working perfectly again once idled down. Also with no load that tach revs smoothly to 5k plus rpm in a stab of the throttle

25 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

So Reggie, when can I expect to see a pic of you piloting that Eliminator across Vermillion at a buck one five, with those TWIN MONTYS wailing  like demonic beasts????

Hopefully about next June or so. I’ve just started shipping parts to Monty

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Efi and I thought rectifier but that would be either bad or good and the tach immediately starts working perfectly again once idled down. Also with no load that tach revs smoothly to 5k plus rpm in a stab of the throttle

I would run all the ohm checks on the stator to start with. The stator has 3 circuits , high side ignition , low side ignition and the charging side. 

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I would run all the ohm checks on the stator to start with. The stator has 3 circuits , high side ignition , low side ignition and the charging side. 

I will .....do you happen to have a shop manual for this? 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Stator.

One more thing Toucan Ben if you have to swap out the stator or trigger do not take apart the 8 bolts near the center of the flywheel. You need a special puller to get the flywheel off so just pony up.

IMG_20200909_200443.jpg

Flywheel bolts are Ben’s speciality!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Readings are exactly half of stated values between all test points. 2100ohms between colored wires and 50 ohms to ground. Stator must be shorted

High side has had it more than likely. Problem is you need the high rpm stator 7k and above. Pro marine used to carry them.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

High side has had it more than likely. Problem is you need the high rpm stator 7k and above. Pro marine used to carry them.

I need to order another puller/lift ring as I forgot mine in the checkmate when I sold it. I’m kicking myself for that daily. I’ll get it done and running before putting away this year. Can’t wait to hear this motor sing 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I need to order another puller/lift ring as I forgot mine in the checkmate when I sold it. I’m kicking myself for that daily. I’ll get it done and running before putting away this year. Can’t wait to hear this motor sing 

A Bridgeport singing at 7500 will change your life.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

A Bridgeport singing at 7500 will change your life.

I just tested the stator on the other motor and it tested with identical results. Exactly half of the stated values in the book you have. I am stumped on that one. 

Just found a CDI stator test procedure for their merc 16a stators and resistance values match what I have. I’m assuming I have aftermarket stators in both engines and the values are correct 

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Just found a CDI stator test procedure for their merc 16a stators and resistance values match what I have. I’m assuming I have aftermarket stators in both engines and the values are correct 

Lots of times they just put the stock stators in Bridgeports because that is what they have at the local dealer.

14 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

What is the LATEST status of that 1995 23' Eliminator Daytona.  

Post the latest pics, and post pics of the engines, and their status.

God you’re an insufferable fucking faggot

18 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

What is the LATEST status of that 1995 23' Eliminator Daytona.  

Post the latest pics, and post pics of the engines, and their status.

My guess is he put it on the rocks, rashed the hull, bent the prop and blew the motor from over rev after the sudden stop.  :lol: 

• Gold Member
On 8/19/2020 at 11:41 AM, Kev144 said:

Not I sir. 

14E555F4-B293-4113-8220-C51DF35D900B.thumb.jpeg.fda1a782f7f8ba02028b658e6deacb20.jpeg

On 8/19/2020 at 2:34 PM, irv said:

My buddies boat saw just under 110 mph (gps) two weekends ago. He has close to 7G's invested in props. 

pete 5.JPG

pete 3.JPG

Pete 1.JPG

WP_20150729_19_43_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20150729_19_26_01_Pro (2).jpg

To hell with them little row boats!!!

20200617_115725.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1