Check your account email address ×

Coin shortage

18 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

So I got a couple hundred in change but I can't go to the bank to dump in the machine because the doors are locked because of Covid govt. guidelines. 

The coin shortage is fake news.

Hand it thru the outdoor drive up, they'll machine count it.. btw our banks doors have been open for weeks now.

I pull in about a buck fifty in quarters a month in the coin op laundry machines, I just bring it to Coinstar at the local Stop and Shop.  They charge 11%  which is a ripoff, but most of the local banks around here got rid of their coin counters

• Gold Member
24 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I pull in about a buck fifty in quarters a month in the coin op laundry machines, I just bring it to Coinstar at the local Stop and Shop.  They charge 11%  which is a ripoff, but most of the local banks around here got rid of their coin counters

My bank still has one, I'll only charge you 10%. :lol:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Hand it thru the outdoor drive up, they'll machine count it.. btw our banks doors have been open for weeks now.

Doors have been locked since March here, masks required everywhere, but the tweakers aren't fucking dead deer in the ditches here either. No co-relation.

• Haha 4

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have a 5 gallon water bottle filled to the max with coins .....need a hand truck to move it. Have had it probably over 20 years...No idea how Im ever going to cash it in, has to be thousands of dollars worth.

• Like 1

I hadn't heard about this deal until someone asked if we had extra quarters.  They couldn't get rolls to do their laundry.

I get a lot of quarters from laundry ops.

It has been more difficult to cash in coins lately.  It makes sense that they would be short if people can't turn them in.

Ironically, I noticed that I have less coins going into the coin jar from daily misc. spending.  A lot less. . .  I used to throw a pile in the jar every day.  Purchasing habits have certainly changed.  It is rare to throw anything in the jar lately.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, favoritos said:

I hadn't heard about this deal until someone asked if we had extra quarters.  They couldn't get rolls to do their laundry.

I get a lot of quarters from laundry ops.

It has been more difficult to cash in coins lately.  It makes sense that they would be short if people can't turn them in.

Ironically, I noticed that I have less coins going into the coin jar from daily misc. spending.  A lot less. . .  I used to throw a pile in the jar every day.  Purchasing habits have certainly changed.  It is rare to throw anything in the jar lately.

Yep , since the rona started Ive used a CC for small shit like never before. Dont want to touch the change.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I have a 5 gallon water bottle filled to the max with coins .....need a hand truck to move it. Have had it probably over 20 years...No idea how Im ever going to cash it in, has to be thousands of dollars worth.

Local guy here had the same thing and when he cashed it in it had just under 4 grand in it.  Nice little payday for you.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Yep , since the rona started Ive used a CC for small shit like never before. Dont want to touch the change.

We've been using debit cards for years. I never carry cash anymore unless there is a specific reason. We always keep around $50 in smaller bills in the console for the occasional trip through the DD drive thru. Still pass them cash as I always told them to keep the change for the tip.

36 minutes ago, ckf said:

We've been using debit cards for years. I never carry cash anymore unless there is a specific reason. We always keep around $50 in smaller bills in the console for the occasional trip through the DD drive thru. Still pass them cash as I always told them to keep the change for the tip.

i pay for DD through the app and did prior to corona.  Gets the wife free ice coffees every couple weeks.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i pay for DD through the app and did prior to corona.  Gets the wife free ice coffees every couple weeks.  

I should start doing that instead of using debit. My card has seen so much hand sanitizer the last 4-5 months 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I should start doing that instead of using debit. My card has seen so much hand sanitizer the last 4-5 months 

I pay for groceries on my phone as well.  Google wallet is so convenient,  just hold the phone to the terminal.   I did find out the hard way the idiots at home depot when they spent the money replacing the check out lanes with self checkout didn't give that capability.  I use the wallet so rarely i often forget it.  

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

x2

A young guy from VA that I met though a FB drone group uses the fast-food apps all the time. He said that they offer freebies that you can't otherwise get. He uses the freebies to help supplement his freeze dried food that he eats while living out of his car.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I pay for groceries on my phone as well.  Google wallet is so convenient,  just hold the phone to the terminal.   I did find out the hard way the idiots at home depot when they spent the money replacing the check out lanes with self checkout didn't give that capability.  I use the wallet so rarely i often forget it.  

I’ll be using that more often then. I was already a bit of a germaphobe before COVID 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

x2

A young guy from VA that I met though a FB drone group uses the fast-food apps all the time. He said that they offer freebies that you can't otherwise get. He uses the freebies to help supplement his freeze dried food that he eats while living out of his car.

That’s got to be tough living out of a car. :sad:

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

That’s got to be tough living out of a car. :sad:

He lives out of his car when he is on photo trips. He's in his 20's and on a low budget.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I’ll be using that more often then. I was already a bit of a germaphobe before COVID 

most of the new credit card terminals also allow you to tap the NFC chipped card to the terminal but i find the phone more convenient.  I can go for weeks without ever touching my wallet.  right now it's sitting in one of my cars i think,  wasn't next to my phone this morning when i grabbed it off the charger.     

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

He lives out of his car when he is on photo trips. He's in his 20's and on a low budget.

Ah ok that’s not bad then. Still getting it done on a tight budget :bc:

56 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Ah ok that’s not bad then. Still getting it done on a tight budget :bc:

He is currently living in OR. I think he is putting together a Nissan Pathfinder or something like that to live in when he is on the road. When he comteast he flies and rents a car. Probably a fun life at that age if you don't have anything tying you down.

2 hours ago, ckf said:

He is currently living in OR. I think he is putting together a Nissan Pathfinder or something like that to live in when he is on the road. When he comteast he flies and rents a car. Probably a fun life at that age if you don't have anything tying you down.

he should get himself a coverted promaster.  Some of those are done up right

108819972_10100409481193797_510654576329

108261958_10100409481173837_783226446136

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

he should get himself a coverted promaster.  Some of those are done up right

108819972_10100409481193797_510654576329

108261958_10100409481173837_783226446136

Is that the 4x4 rig? One of the paddle sports reps used to have one. I think he paid around $100k for it and I think he bought it used. Jacob doesn't have that kind of coin.

Nicole and I have been talking about picking up a small used motorhome. We already have the pole barn and there is a dump pipe hooked to the septic for easy waste dumps after short trips. The former owners had a small motorhome so the place is setup pretty well for one.