Check your account email address ×

The Ford G.O.A.T

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

FCA is printing money with the Wrangler.  Insane margins they make on that thing.  Some of them go for more than $55k.  I'm sure that's the justification.

no doubt.  I'll take a look at a 4 door when they pop up in showrooms.  in a few years i'll need a new rig to replace the explorer.  

18 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

450 up an easy 100 more than the bronco with better torque curve. 

I’ve heard there’s a bronco raptor coming next year with 400 plus hp, and some other goodies.

4 hours ago, Edmo said:

I’ve heard there’s a bronco raptor coming next year with 400 plus hp, and some other goodies.

Raptor is a long wide body truck made for Baja, the bronco is a totally different animal not even close. Its a crawler not a race truck.

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Raptor is a long wide body truck made for Baja, the bronco is a totally different animal not even close. Its a crawler not a race truck.

There will be a ranger raptor too. It’s become a package for different vehicles. Another way of extracting more from your wallet!

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Edmo said:

There will be a ranger raptor too. It’s become a package for different vehicles. Another way of extracting more from your wallet!

This is built on the Ranger Platform as I understand it so that makes sense. Ford has been nit picking this truck pretty good so they definitely want it to be a winner and take some of the market away from the Wrangler. 100 mph wind tunnel test in yaw and they "think" they heard a slight wind noise. LOL I guess that whats good about the front suspension on these also compared to the Wrangler. Better high speed stability. I'm wondering how many people will actually utilize all the removable parts on this rig both top and body.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/13/2021-ford-bronco-roof/

The 4 door version with the bigger All Terrain tires looks bad ass in person!  :bc: 

On a different note we might be redoing the Wrangler tops now that this is coming out. Way more removable panels then before.

Edited by Skidooski

13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

This is built on the Ranger Platform as I understand it so that makes sense. Ford ha been nit picking this truck pretty good so they definitely want it to be a winner and take some of the market away from the Wrangler. 100 mph wind tunnel test in yaw and they "think" they heard a slight wind noise. LOL I guess that whats good about the front suspension on these also compared to the Wrangler. Better high speed stability. I'm wondering how many people will actually utilize all the removable parts on this rig both top and body.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/13/2021-ford-bronco-roof/

The 4 door version with the bigger All Terrain tires looks bad ass in person!  :bc: 

On a different note we might be redoing the Wrangler tops now that this is coming out. Way more removable panels then before.

The wrangler is definitely “cool” but not the best driver. Shouldn’t take too much effort by ford to be a better driving vehicle IMO.

Heard the top trim level package was sold out by 10:30 last night.   Of course they are only making like 2500. 

I was thinking about getting a Wrangler Unlimited next year.   With a Ford dealer in my small town I'd likely get a Bronco instead.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Heard the top trim level package was sold out by 10:30 last night.   Of course they are only making like 2500. 

I was thinking about getting a Wrangler Unlimited next year.   With a Ford dealer in my small town I'd likely get a Bronco instead.  

Just looked on website. Nice range of models and options.....

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Just looked on website. Nice range of models and options.....

Yep.   I really like it and like my local Ford Dealer.   Closest Jeep dealer is 20 miles away. 

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Heard the top trim level package was sold out by 10:30 last night.   Of course they are only making like 2500

I hadn't heard that and haven't found any true production numbers yet. Did they dealer tell you that? 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I hadn't heard that and haven't found any true production numbers yet. Did they dealer tell you that? 

Sorry.   It was 3500.   They tried reserving one from Ford's website. 

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2021-ford-bronco-first-edition-sold-out/

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

The wrangler is definitely “cool” but not the best driver. Shouldn’t take too much effort by ford to be a better driving vehicle IMO.

it's always been a pretty terrible driver although the JK and JL got way better than the TJ and CJ for sure.  Fords taken it to the next level by the looks.  2 door rides still not going to be great which is inherent of the wheelbase but the 4 door is hopefully better than the JLU