Check your account email address ×

Canadian PM Trudeau Praises Dictator Castro as ‘Remarkable Leader’

jtssrx

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

You are comparing a military prison for terrorists to a decades long opressive reign by a dictator....brilliant.

I'm doing no such thing.  I'm wondering why the decades of dictatorship and oppression in Cuba are met with a different response by the US than the decades of oppression in say Saudi Arabia or China?

Why is that? 

Why the double standard?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

Good luck with this duo, Jim , yer gonna need it :bc:

Especially now that Ice decides to get personal.....Maybe he has adopted his buddy Fred's alcoholic ways.

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

I'm doing no such thing.  I'm wondering why the decades of dictatorship and oppression in Cuba are met with a different response by the US than the decades of oppression in say Saudi Arabia or China?

Why is that? 

Why the double standard?

You imagination , that's why .  Both of those country's leadership is and has been detested by the mainstream American public for decades , quit getting your " Facts " from CNN. :bc:

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

You imagination , that's why .  Both of those country's leadership is and has been detested by the mainstream American public for decades , quit getting your " Facts " from CNN. :bc:

My imagination?  I don't think so.

The US has/had completely isolated Cuba for 50+? Years?

Your trade deficit with China is $365 billion

Your trade deficit with Saudi Arabia is $30+ billion

no no, I'm not imagining the double standard.  It's very real.

4 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

My imagination?  I don't think so.

The US has/had completely isolated Cuba for 50+? Years?

Your trade deficit with China is $365 billion

Your trade deficit with Saudi Arabia is $30+ billion

no no, I'm not imagining the double standard.  It's very real.

How our government see's and deals with other countries and how us citizens do are most often not the same these day's .   I'm very glad that we have normalized relations with Cuba BTW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

With all due respect,  if Cuba were to double the costs of vacations or even more like some of the higher end vacations,  Canadians would stop going.   So much for the love. 

There's more to it than cost alone.  I know several people who can afford to go wherever they wanted and chose Cuba for many years.  There's others I've told not to go because I know the experience they want when they go on vacation.  

Depends on what floats your boat.  I've been there a couple of times and the uniqueness of the people were what made the biggest impression on me.  The place itself is just OK.  

39 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

You are comparing a military prison for terrorists to a decades long opressive reign by a dictator....brilliant.

Idiot 1

37 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Good luck with this duo, Jim , yer gonna need it :bc:

Idiot 2. 

You guys are comparing Cuba today to Cuba from years ago. you think you know all about Cuba today when in reality you know fuck all. Yes Castro was a cunt. That's undeniable, but he is and has been irrelevant for a few years now. 

1 minute ago, Ebsell said:

Idiot 1

Idiot 2. 

You guys are comparing Cuba today to Cuba from years ago. you think you know all about Cuba today when in reality you know fuck all. Yes Castro was a cunt. That's undeniable, but he is and has been irrelevant for a few years now. 

A very few. You think he fell out with brother Raul the minute he stepped aside or that Raul didn't listen to what Fidel want red to happen 

1 minute ago, Ebsell said:

Idiot 1

Idiot 2. 

You guys are comparing Cuba today to Cuba from years ago. you think you know all about Cuba today when in reality you know fuck all. Yes Castro was a cunt. That's undeniable, but he is and has been irrelevant for a few years now

You keep repeating that like it's some type of unknown information that only you are privy to.  

Just now, 02sled said:

A very few. You think he fell out with brother Raul the minute he stepped aside or that Raul didn't listen to what Fidel want red to happen 

Castro has been near blind and mostly bedridden for a few years. His influence on his brother has been next to nothing for a while. And improving relations with the US show that. Castro hated America 

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

You keep repeating that like it's some type of unknown information that only you are privy to.  

Because your buddy smails seems to think Cuba is the same place it's always been. And it ain't 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Because your buddy smails seems to think Cuba is the same place it's always been. And it ain't 

Listen stupid I could give a fuck what has happened there in the last 10 years because the fact remains dipshits like your PM and others are singing FIDELS praises as if he was some sort of humanitarian.

57 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Hes from the maritimes Ron...they re as retarded as newfies...just not as drunk. :bc:

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

This is a good topic , you haven't been this easy to fire up since your successful back operation :lol:   :bc:

Hey I'm not fired up at all lol. You wanna see fired up look at smails post above yours :lol: and smails again find a post of mine where I praise Castro. Once again I'll wait 

Hey, remember that time when...

Ottawa, Ontario - 22 January 2015

Prime Minister Stephen Harper today issued the following statement on the death of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz of Saudi Arabia:

“On behalf of all Canadians, Laureen and I offer our sincere condolences to the family of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz and the people of Saudi Arabia.

“King Abdullah was recognized as a strong proponent of peace in the Middle East. He also undertook a range of important economic, social, education, health, and infrastructure initiatives in his country.

“I had the pleasure of meeting King Abdullah in Toronto when Canada hosted the G-20 and found him to be passionate about his country, development and the global economy.

“We join the people of Saudi Arabia in mourning his passing.”

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=924869

44 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Hey, remember that time when...

Ottawa, Ontario - 22 January 2015

Prime Minister Stephen Harper today issued the following statement on the death of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz of Saudi Arabia:

“On behalf of all Canadians, Laureen and I offer our sincere condolences to the family of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz and the people of Saudi Arabia.

“King Abdullah was recognized as a strong proponent of peace in the Middle East. He also undertook a range of important economic, social, education, health, and infrastructure initiatives in his country.

“I had the pleasure of meeting King Abdullah in Toronto when Canada hosted the G-20 and found him to be passionate about his country, development and the global economy.

“We join the people of Saudi Arabia in mourning his passing.”

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=924869

to be far Saudi Arabia has Money, oil and other resources unlike Cuba so this is okay.

Maybe we can make Cuba better like we have done in Iraq, Afganny, Syria, Libia, Yemen

On 2016-11-26 at 6:12 PM, Dave said:

Newf and iceman like minded people did....complete fucking morons....at least newf has an excuse......he was born a fucking retard newfie.

The guy isn't even here and you still can't Let go of him :bc: