Check your account email address ×

Charlie Daniels dead at 83.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I saw Charlie play in East nowhere Wyoming in ‘96. A place called the elk horn lounge. Literally the only place for miles and miles. Boarded up gas station across the road. He was old friends with the owner who had recently passed. Great night. Maybe 50 people there and the band threw down hard!!  

• Like 2

When we were in Panama City Beach in 2018 we were at a bar from mid-afternoon until late and when the live band starting playing at 4pm they said the only way they play The Devil Went Down to Georgia is for a $100 bill. 

So in a drunken stupor later that night during the middle of some shitty fucking song somebody requested I walk up there with a $100 bill and they immediately stop playing that song and go right into Charlie Daniels. :lol:

• Haha 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

The tributes from other country stars and musicians are very cool....sounds like he was a helluva guy and took the time to encourage up and comers.

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Trump should pin something on him before he’s buried. 

toss up if you or pampers is giving out the most space in your head to trump . I think it is pampers but very close . if you just try a bit harder you can be the most obsessed.  

Couldn't tell you the year, but it was back in the 4-H/FFA/Open class days at the MN State Fair.

Before they removed the race track and remodeled the grandstand, this chick and I snuck in to the grandstand the night Charlie Daniels played. 

Pretty awesome show for a couple of kids from the sticks. 

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

toss up if you or pampers is giving out the most space in your head to trump . I think it is pampers but very close . if you just try a bit harder you can be the most obsessed.  

I have no idea what that word salad even means.