Check your account email address ×

Great way to spend the 4th

37 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Yep. Northern New Brunswick. Leave from house, go anywhere I want. Cross bridge into Quebec, pass is good there too.

Great place to live.

We are 10hrs to Edmundston from here and might plan a trip to NB with some friends

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

They’re taking about opening up ALL the trails in the forest around my cabin for these. Right now there’s just a few set aside for ORV’s. I would be very tempted to get one at that point. Be cool of you could go anywhere right from the garage...just like the sleds.

It’s all open by my place but still prefer the Jeep. The dust gets really bad by me.  It’s awesome in the fall but the daughter is in school. There will be one in the barn when I’m retired. 

19 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It’s all open by my place but still prefer the Jeep. The dust gets really bad by me.  It’s awesome in the fall but the daughter is in school. There will be one in the barn when I’m retired. 

With 19ish months left, that's why I bought mine now.

• Like 2

Just now, Snake said:

With 19ish months left, that's why I bought mine now.

I’m liking the newer SXSs and they are more trailer friendly to head out west and to travel different areas. Jeeps and SXSs both have their place,and I plan to have both. A SXS is absolutely useless where I live in the Burbs of Chicago. 

You can ride in town Rangeley last I knew. The Black Fly trail from Phillips to Rangeley is a nice trail. I think you can still go to the top of Kennabago. Quill hill is a great high point as well.

Edited by Mainecat

8 hours ago, Snake said:

We got this trip in the planning stages for August...

if your going doweast to ride the sunrise trail there is a good sized parking lot at washington junction. its 87 miles to ayers junction thats the best part but it dosent end there. it isnt as good the rest of the way to perry. well worth it . when you get to rt1 turn left across the bridge then rite up the paved rd rite at the boat ramp sign. at the water you will be looking at deer island nb. round trip around 200 miles easy day.  another good ride take a left on the paved rd just past the store in franklin. there are a couple turns so watch for the access route signs that will take you past the windmills and to rt 9 and the airline dinner. there are 2 ways to get back to the sunrise. the 1 closest to the dinner has some narrow bridges. the next 1 dose not head towards the forest service garage east of the dinner. cross rt 9 then threw the blueberry barrens. i was there a few weeks ago rite after they set the bee hives. 1000's of them. follow the signs and back to the sunrise about 120 miles round trip. the state map isnt that good get one from the airline riders club. the dinner did have them. anything north of rt 9 is afm ground and the do not like atvs. all the gates are 61"   

• Thanks 1

at my cabin I can go almost any place.  I really like my 50 inch sport . I am not in to the dusty heavy use trails more of a old skidder trail around the clear cuts sort of guy . when my buds with the wide stuff are up i get grounded to the dusty wide stuff . both fun in there own ways I just like to have both options open . 

5 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

You've got no friends?

Imagine that!

OMG!!! AC handed you some MASSIVE OWNAGE!!!!!   

Take your OWNAGE, like you take black dicks up your ass, like a man!!!!!

LMMFAO!!! OWNED, to the maximum max!!!!!

13 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

You've got no friends?

Imagine that!

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

OMG!!! AC handed you some MASSIVE OWNAGE!!!!!   

Take your OWNAGE, like you take black dicks up your ass, like a man!!!!!

LMMFAO!!! OWNED, to the maximum max!!!!!

:bc:

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

We stay right across the river from Edmonston a lot , when sledding northern Maine.

Hey Gravano, whatever you do, don't ever tell us you met up with that meat-slapper, and went sledding with him!!! NO!!  :stop::stop::thumbdown2::thumbdown2::shocked::shocked:

Watch out, he gave your post a little heart, he's GROOMING you. Next thing ya' know he'll be invitin' ya' ta' stay at his place, and it'll be A Bacardi and Coke Roofie!!!  :thumbdown2::thumbdown2:

11 hours ago, snowstorm said:

if your going doweast to ride the sunrise trail there is a good sized parking lot at washington junction. its 87 miles to ayers junction thats the best part but it dosent end there. it isnt as good the rest of the way to perry. well worth it . when you get to rt1 turn left across the bridge then rite up the paved rd rite at the boat ramp sign. at the water you will be looking at deer island nb. round trip around 200 miles easy day.  another good ride take a left on the paved rd just past the store in franklin. there are a couple turns so watch for the access route signs that will take you past the windmills and to rt 9 and the airline dinner. there are 2 ways to get back to the sunrise. the 1 closest to the dinner has some narrow bridges. the next 1 dose not head towards the forest service garage east of the dinner. cross rt 9 then threw the blueberry barrens. i was there a few weeks ago rite after they set the bee hives. 1000's of them. follow the signs and back to the sunrise about 120 miles round trip. the state map isnt that good get one from the airline riders club. the dinner did have them. anything north of rt 9 is afm ground and the do not like atvs. all the gates are 61"   

I've done the sunrise trail on sleds when we did a saddlebagger during the record snow year they had downeast. I thought I was gonna fall asleep on that thing it was so wide and straight, of course we were breaking trail in 18 inches of fresh snow so we couldn't go over 55 for the most part and make the next gas at Machias. Maybe it is a good time on SxS...

on a general you will get dust where the roll cage meets the windshield. the battery and fuel tank cover. duct tape fixes that. the c channel that holds the dash in place has a big gap where it meets the plastic. i had the dash out when i put the heater in. i used black silicone to seal  everything dont do the piece that comes out to greece the front slip joint 

11 hours ago, GGNHL said:

I've done the sunrise trail on sleds when we did a saddlebagger during the record snow year they had downeast. I thought I was gonna fall asleep on that thing it was so wide and straight, of course we were breaking trail in 18 inches of fresh snow so we couldn't go over 55 for the most part and make the next gas at Machias. Maybe it is a good time on SxS...

It ain't about the trail... it's the scenery etc.

We only got 52 miles Saturday but got views to die for.  That's what it's about for us.

22 hours ago, awful knawful said:

People complaining about dust are following too closely.

Not really. The few times I have been out with friends, it,s only fun if you are leading. The dust seems to hang in the air forever, and if there are more in the group, it gets progressively worse for each following rider. You would have to have a mile between quads to give the dust time to blow off the trail and settle. Driving thru a cloud of dust all day, is not my idea of fun. 

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Not really. The few times I have been out with friends, it,s only fun if you are leading. The dust seems to hang in the air forever, and if there are more in the group, it gets progressively worse for each following rider. You would have to have a mile between quads to give the dust time to blow off the trail and settle. Driving thru a cloud of dust all day, is not my idea of fun. 

I can be miles behind. Doesn't bother me. I ain't sucking dust.

• Like 1