Check your account email address ×

Great products thread.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Spin's thread makes for a good one talking about more products we like. 

Post products that go above and beyond your expectations.

Wet and forget.  Spray on and forget it.  No scrubbing, no pressure washing.  Can take a few weeks or more but it really works with 1 or sometimes 2 applications. 

Works great on shingles as well.

Takes a bit of time to work but man does it.   Works a bit quicker if you have more sun but doesn't need full sun.   One of the few things I've seen to remove black mold from concrete.   Also reduces the regrowth of mold as well.    5 star in my book. 

download (5).jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 3

I do soft washing as a side gig. I used pool shock as my base, 12.5% SH. Mix that with some house wash addatives and downstream mix it to about 1-2٪ and the green and dirt just melts off. No waiting and siding comes out perfect. 

Screenshot_20200528-094705_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Spin's thread makes for a good one talking about more products you like. 

Wet and forget.  Spray on and forget it.   Can take a few weeks or more but it really works with 1 or sometimes 2 applications. 

Takes a bit of time to work but man does it.   Works a bit quicker if you have more sun.   One of the few things I've seen to remove black mold from concrete.   Also reduces the regrowth of mold as well.  

download (5).jpg

I have never seen that product..good one to know about.  

Just now, Doorider said:

I do soft washing as a side gig. I used pool shock as my base, 12.5% SH. Mix that with some house wash addatives and downstream mix it to about 1-2٪ and the green and dirt just melts off. No waiting and siding comes out perfect. 

Bit surprised that's safe for plants.   How's it work on concrete/stone?

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Pool shock is a highly efffective microbial solution but the fumes can be overwhelming to some. 

39 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Spin's thread makes for a good one talking about more products we like. 

Wet and forget.  Spray on and forget it.  No scrubbing, no pressure washing.  Can take a few weeks or more but it really works with 1 or sometimes 2 applications. 

Takes a bit of time to work but man does it.   Works a bit quicker if you have more sun but doesn't need full sun.   One of the few things I've seen to remove black mold from concrete.   Also reduces the regrowth of mold as well.    5 star in my book. 

download (5).jpg

Does it work on vinyl siding? I’ve got some very stubborn stains on the south side. 

25 minutes ago, Anler said:

Pool shock is a highly efffective microbial solution but the fumes can be overwhelming to some. 

I mix it with a product called Elemonator. It does a pretty good job of masking the bleach smell.  

23 minutes ago, Doorider said:

I mix it with a product called Elemonator. It does a pretty good job of masking the bleach smell.  

It works great for that. We used to use it alot but with the new VOC rules we changed to more friendly products

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

It works great for that. We used to use it alot but with the new VOC rules we changed to more friendly products

More friendly usually means doesn't work as well :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doorider said:

More friendly usually means doesn't work as well :lol:

Basically! :lol:

Most of our work is indoors so noxious fumes and odors wont work. :bc: 

48 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Does it work on vinyl siding? I’ve got some very stubborn stains on the south side. 

Yes very well.   Just be patient with it and follow the directions.   Its literally spray on and let it sit.    I got a white vinyl garage door on the north side of my shop that that had significant black mold stains growing.   Its perfect now after a few weeks.  

Its only downfall is the cost.  About $30 for a bottle that will mix up a 3 gallon garden sprayer.  

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes very well.   Just be patient with it and follow the directions.   Its literally spray on and let it sit.    I got a white vinyl garage door on the north side of my shop that that had significant black mold stains growing.   Its perfect now after a few weeks.  

Its only downfall is the cost.  About $30 for a bottle that will mix up a 3 gallon garden sprayer.  

I’ll try it. If it works well $30 is a bargain. 

There's a ton of shit products out there when it comes to house,car etc cleaners. We can't get a decent weed killer here so I mix 1 cup salt,2tbsp of dish soap and a jug of vinegar in a garden sprayer and kills the fkrs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

There's a ton of shit products out there when it comes to house,car etc cleaners. We can't get a decent weed killer here so I mix 1 cup salt,2tbsp of dish soap and a jug of vinegar in a garden sprayer and kills the fkrs

Lots of plants getting resistant to gysophate.   It might take them out but damn they come back fast.   How long that mix last?

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Lots of plants getting resistant to gysophate.   It might take them out but damn they come back fast.   How long that mix last?

I sprayed Fri morn and by Fri night the fkrs were brown. They stay dead but new ones pop up lol. The deer eat the dead ones ( probably the salt ) .

16 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Par3

If you know a farmer

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I started using this product because I wanted something that was safe for all of the fucking animals we have in our yard LOL. 

It does work and it only requires like a teaspoon or 2 but you have to mix it with some surfactant and a dye which works great because you can see exactly where you sprayed it. It is not cheap but if you use it right it will last for years. Apply it when the weeds are growing and in a week or so you will start to see them die off. I applied it twice last year and it eliminated all of the creeping charlie my weed farmer neighbor had coming in my yard. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, smokin george said:

RM-18 is really really good vegetation killer..

54 minutes ago, Anler said:

I started using this product because I wanted something that was safe for all of the fucking animals we have in our yard LOL. 

It does work and it only requires like a teaspoon or 2 but you have to mix it with some surfactant and a dye which works great because you can see exactly where you sprayed it. It is not cheap but if you use it right it will last for years. Apply it when the weeds are growing and in a week or so you will start to see them die off. I applied it twice last year and it eliminated all of the creeping charlie my weed farmer neighbor had coming in my yard. 

Tenacity will also kill Poa Annua if mixed properly and leave the blue and rye alone.   Poa is my Achilles heel in my yard.    Hate the fucking stuff.    

Tenacity can kill everything if over applied.   Use with care.

Trimec is the best 2-4D yard week killer for just broadleafs. 

Doyourownpestcontrol.com is a great place to shop for hard to get chems. 

Edited by Highmark

32 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was just looking today for something to get rid of the creeping charlie on my lawn  :bc: