Check your account email address ×

Speaker McConnell finally sees the light

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Well it finally has started to sink in that we need some PPE if we want to get the economy going again. 

We are #1

mcc.jpg

What does that chart prove? That we are the best at testing? Merica wins again

1 minute ago, s pump said:

What does that chart prove? That we are the best at testing? Merica wins again

It's OK to pull your head out of your ass now, republican leaders across the board are doing it now.....albeit late, but better late than never.

Like ole Bill Clinton said: "It's the economy stupid" 

House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy on Tuesday said he believes in wearing masks because "I do not want to shut the economy back down."

"Wearing the mask is the best opportunity for us to keep this economy open, keep us working, keep us safe and help us as we build towards that vaccine where we're in a much stronger position than any country before," the California Republican said on "Fox & Friends."

All the new testing stations have been open, aaaaaabout a week now.           jezus you coolaid drinkers saw a new carafe and chugged it right down didntcha.    stay afraid,,,,,,,,,,,,,, very afraid.   

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's OK to pull your head out of your ass now, republican leaders across the board are doing it now.....albeit late, but better late than never.

The chart Vince, the chart.

14 minutes ago, s pump said:

The chart Vince, the chart.

The chart is an embarrassment for this country, hospitalizations are going through the roof. There's a reason republican leaders are now pushing the mask.

Vice President Mike Pence, who has been inconsistent with wearing a mask in public, on Sunday offered his most forceful endorsement thus far of wearing a face covering to protect from coronavirus.

"If your local officials, in consultation with the state, are directing you to wear a mask, we encourage everyone to wear a mask in the affected areas. And where you can't maintain social distancing, wearing a mask is just a good idea, and it will, we know, from experience -- will slow the spread of the coronavirus," Pence, who leads the White House coronavirus task force, said during a trip to Dallas.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention urges everyone to wear a "cloth face cover when they have to go out in public," noting that masks are critical "in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not have symptoms."

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The chart is an embarrassment for this country

The chart shows confirmed cases. Where is your data on deaths? Do you have a direct line to CNN? Smfh

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You never answered if you were wearing masks when you were in N. Wi a few weeks ago. 

6 minutes ago, s pump said:

The chart shows confirmed cases. Where is your data on deaths? Do you have a direct line to CNN? Smfh

hospitalizations is IMO the only data that really matters.   if they aren't getting sick to the point that it puts someone in the hospital then WGAF if the positive tests are increasing

covid.PNG

Edited by Angry ginger

Just now, Angry ginger said:

hospitalizations is IMO the only data that really matters.   if they aren't getting sick to the point that it puts someone in the hospital then WGAF if it is spreading. 

covid.PNG

Wrong

• Gold Member

I'm still not clear on what they are testing for to make these claims. 

When I got tested it was for antibodies, if I tested positive I could have been over and done with it months ago and thus no threat to anyone now. Would that still be a statistical confirmed case?

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn...I thought at least one of the brothers had some sense...guess not.

We disagree, I get that. No need to insult.  My measure of concern over this pandemic is the death rate. There are testing facilities popping up everywhere and of course the number of cases are going to rise exponentially because of that. The death rate is dropping which is what's important to me. You take your own concerns an run with them.

Just now, s pump said:

We disagree, I get that. No need to insult.  My measure of concern over this pandemic is the death rate. There are testing facilities popping up everywhere and of course the number of cases are going to rise exponentially because of that. The death rate is dropping which is what's important to me. You take your own concerns an run with them.

More proof you are the sensible one.  

7 minutes ago, s pump said:

Death rate does seem to be dropping but hospitalizations are up and many of them of are younger patients. My concerns for this area are pretty small currently..hopefully things stay the same here.👍🏼👌🏼

11 minutes ago, s pump said:

That hospitalization chart doesn't jive with the chart Vince posted unless there more asymptomatic now or its just less severe. Either way It’s a good thing...

Edited by Edmo

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Death rate does seem to be dropping but hospitalizations are up and many of them of are younger patients. My concerns for this area are pretty small currently..hopefully things stay the same here.👍🏼👌🏼

Hospital stays are much shorter and some of that activity  is folks finally going to the hospital for nagging problems that they were scared to address during  "pandemic".

So lets try something else... How are COVID rates where you live/work? I have known several people who had it but currently do not know or know of anyone with it. Of all of the people I know who had it there was a wide range of severity. Some didnt even know they had it and some were pretty sick but only for a week or so. I dont know anyone personally who died but I have friends and coworkers who do know people who died. 

When I heard about the spike in AZ I texted my niece and asked her if anyone she knew had it. She knows of several cases but nobody she personally knows has it. 

I reached out to some of my friends in FL and all of them knew somebody who had it but nobody currently with it. Also none of them died. (surprising because i would have thought alot of seniors in FL would be suceptable)

Dont know anyone in Texas currently but from all of the news I watched about it looks like Houston is the hotspot. 

As far as here, life is getting back to normal. Going to parties, kids sports, boating and today went to my favorite breakfast place that just opened up yesterday. Everyone I talk to is looking forward to getting back to normal and is sick of this bullshit. Work is busy. 

50 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

i posted this chart in another thread,  hospitalizations aren't really up on a global basis. it's a local issue

covid.PNG

23 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i posted this chart in another thread,  hospitalizations aren't really up on a global basis. it's a local issue

covid.PNG

Right..limited to a few regions in this country.