Check your account email address ×

I thought covid 19 was suppose to be deadly

I read a lot of the new cases were younger folks and asymptomatic, so probably won’t see as many deaths on this wave.

We can expect the numbers to go up pretty quickly around Mass. since they have just NOW opened multiple testing facilities that werent here when it was booming. 

i pulled up to one to inquire about it and the girl about pushed me into the testing area. when i told her again, NO im not here to get tested but just curious as to why the test location just opened now.. and why are you pushing me so hArd to get tested when i have no symtoms?? her reply was  you neeed to be tested to keep people around you safe.

call me crazy, but things are going too smoothly here and they want numbers to fudge in my opinion.

Edited by old indy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

A tenth of a percent death rate right now correct?

48 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I read a lot of the new cases were younger folks and asymptomatic, so probably won’t see as many deaths on this wave.

This has been around a while already,  since March 2019 in Europe.  If so this could very well be the second wave and it looks vit D could be the answer to minimizing its effects. 

https://theconversation.com/was-coronavirus-really-in-europe-in-march-2019-141582

A buds wife thats a surgical nurse has verified she had it the end of Dec 19 into February. she also said her Doc thinks it been around the U.S. since early 19 and many many more have had it but went incorrectly diagnosed. 

Well gOllee,,,,,,surprise, surprise, surprise......  

gomer pyle.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

It duplicates the season flu. 80% of the people that contract either influenza A or B are asymptomatic. The issue with covid is that it’s proven to be more contagious and deadly. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

What ever happened to the "heat of summer" killing off the Corona virus?

Once they decided that the virus wasn't really spread by fomites it changed that idea as well.

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It duplicates the season flu. 80% of the people that contract either influenza A or B are asymptomatic. The issue with covid is that it’s proven to be more contagious and deadly. 

So if 80% of the people who have it are asymptomatic how many in the US have already been exposed?

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

No clue 

I’d bet it’s way more they any of us could imagine. The increased testing and increasing numbers tells me that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

No clue 

Well simple math would suggest dividing the actual number tested positive by .2.  

Supposedly we have 2.64 million confirmed cases.   If 80% are asymptomatic and untested then that should mean 13,200,000 real positive cases.

Edited by Highmark

Why did Fauci tell the prez this is no big deal at first then a couple weeks later tell him to shut everything down impose a curfew and bring in the military to control everyone?     

the government disinformation campaign has been quite an eye opener.   or more accurately an eye squinting time in history.

Edited by old indy

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

So if 80% of the people who have it are asymptomatic how many in the US have already been exposed?

Exactly. We didnt have near the amount of testing we do now and despite cases rising the death toll is dropping like a rock. I wonder how many actually need hospitalization and how many are just terrified from all of the propaganda. 

Just now, Anler said:

Exactly. We didnt have near the amount of testing we do now and despite cases rising the death toll is dropping like a rock. I wonder how many actually need hospitalization and how many are just terrified from all of the propaganda. 

If we handled keeping it out of nursing homes our death totals would be 1/3 to 1/2 what they are now.   

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

We've tested over 33 million people or 10% of the population.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

If we handled keeping it out of nursing homes our death totals would be 1/3 to 1/2 what they are now.   

Hopefully there is better protocol going forward. My grams is 102 in a nursing home. She hasnt seen any family in months, but she is nearly blind so... :lol: 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

We've tested over 33 million people or 10% of the population.   

I know people who get tested every week. Fucking paranoia

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Hopefully there is better protocol going forward. My grams is 102 in a nursing home. She hasnt seen any family in months, but she is nearly blind so... :lol: 

no offense but why are we spending gov money to keep 100 year old people in nursing homes.  Thats no kind of life.  

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Yet some states were putting covid positive violent criminals in nursing homes.